Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-30-2019, 06:22 AM   #1
SliChillax

Drives: Camaro ZL1 A10, F-Type R, RR Sport
As someone who lives in Europe, what's the best way to get a tune?

I'm not familiar with tuning for this platform. I had a BMW M235i previously and I simply flashed a remap in 10 minutes by connecting my laptop to the obd port and the tuner did the rest remotely. How does it work for Camaros? I don't have any local tuners, or any tuners countries nearby. I plan on doin headers, pulley, intake, throttle body to my ZL1 and tune of course, I just don't know where to go from here.
SliChillax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 10:31 AM   #2
thebanks06

Drives: 2016 Chevy Camaro 2SS
The same would pretty much be the same with this platform. You should purchase hptuners and hit any rep tuner up to remote tune it for you. Rickifast does mines, but there are plenty of good tuners throughout the forum.
thebanks06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 08:09 AM   #3
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SliChillax View Post
I'm not familiar with tuning for this platform. I had a BMW M235i previously and I simply flashed a remap in 10 minutes by connecting my laptop to the obd port and the tuner did the rest remotely. How does it work for Camaros? I don't have any local tuners, or any tuners countries nearby. I plan on doin headers, pulley, intake, throttle body to my ZL1 and tune of course, I just don't know where to go from here.
I can help you with all the parts and tuning for your ZL-1 contact me tedj@jannettyracing.com

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 09:23 PM   #4
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
yep get a HP Tuners MPVI2 from a remote tuner and a AEM 30-0334 gauge. being supercharged you need a wideband o2 tune.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 04:42 AM   #5
MakCamaro
Makis

Drives: 2020 Red Hot ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
I can help you with all the parts and tuning for your ZL-1 contact me tedj@jannettyracing.com

Ted.
Same here. I bought my European 2018 SS A8 in the UK a couple of weeks ago. I don’t plan any mods for the time being, I am just considering a tune. What would be the benefits of doing just that in terms of hp and Tq? Is it worth it? Would a tune void warranty?

As a previous Mustang EcoBoost owner, I had a device (Accessport) which I used to datalog, export datalogs to my computer and emailed them to my tuner. Then he would send the updated tune back to me, I would transfer it to the Accesspot, which I would use to flash the tune to the car. This would happen 4-5 times until the final tune was flashed.

Is it a similar process with the HP tuners device? I am really interested, but first I need to know what the real benefits would be.

Last edited by MakCamaro; 06-14-2019 at 04:54 AM.
MakCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 05:16 AM   #6
JCunningham

it will void the drive train warranty. works the same but with being forced inducted you need to use a wide band o2.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
Old 06-14-2019, 05:25 AM   #7
MakCamaro
Makis

It’s not forced induced. It’s naturally aspirated. Mine is the SS, not the ZL1.
Old 06-14-2019, 05:29 AM   #8
JCunningham

o ya i was thinking you were the original poster with the ZL1 but you still should use a wideband o2 no matter what.
Old 06-14-2019, 06:40 AM   #9
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakCamaro View Post
Same here. I bought my European 2018 SS A8 in the UK a couple of weeks ago. I don’t plan any mods for the time being, I am just considering a tune. What would be the benefits of doing just that in terms of hp and Tq? Is it worth it? Would a tune void warranty?

As a previous Mustang EcoBoost owner, I had a device (Accessport) which I used to datalog, export datalogs to my computer and emailed them to my tuner. Then he would send the updated tune back to me, I would transfer it to the Accesspot, which I would use to flash the tune to the car. This would happen 4-5 times until the final tune was flashed.

Is it a similar process with the HP tuners device? I am really interested, but first I need to know what the real benefits would be.
I answered you under JRE tune.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 08:28 AM   #10
MakCamaro
Makis

Thanks Ted, I ‘ve read your answer.

Tags
europe, tuning