Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-22-2016, 03:35 PM   #15
E-Ray

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Nightfall Grey
Dealership has called me today and said they still don't know what up. So they are having a tech come in from somewhere ( I hope from heaven, it needs a miracle) to troubleshoot this problem. This is the third day, now I have to return the loaner car because they have a potential buyer. Having to take a lot of time off work to deal with this, starting to get on my nerves. I just want my car fixed!!!!!!!
E-Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 11:02 PM   #16
hbpj063088

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Did you ever get it fixed?
hbpj063088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 06:43 AM   #17
E-Ray

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Nightfall Grey
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbpj063088 View Post
Did you ever get it fixed?
Yes, it was a temperature sensor. They said there are 8 of them in the Camaro. Trying to find the bad one was difficult.
E-Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 06:20 PM   #18
hbpj063088

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Mine has 650 miles and both sides are blowing hot. How long did they take for them to repair it? Should I ask for a loaner?
hbpj063088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 11:55 AM   #19
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbpj063088 View Post
Mine has 650 miles and both sides are blowing hot. How long did they take for them to repair it? Should I ask for a loaner?
I’m sorry to hear that you’re also having this concern, hbpj063088. It sounds like you’re interested in bringing your car to the dealer to have them take a look. If you have not reached out to them to schedule an appointment yet, I would be happy to do so on your behalf.

If you would like this additional layer of support, please follow up with a private message.

Kindly,
Lauren E
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 01:54 AM   #20
Broman16-2SS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Summit White
Just happened to me as well with 14,500 on the clock. Driver side is cold-ish and passenger is boiling with it set to sync on LO. I tried turning it off of sync, on and off completely (the climate control and then car), rolled the climate control on the passenger side all the way up and then down. I ended up just closing the vents on the passenger side so it wasn't hot in the car in hot weather. I won't be able to address it until a couple of weeks due to plans, but I will keep you all posted on what they find. Can't say that I have much faith that the dealership will fix it. The rear diff groan issue is still unresolved after multiple trips to them. This last time they told me it was because the tires had SO MUCH grip.
Broman16-2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 07:24 PM   #21
Jetracer128

Drives: 2016 Camaro RS 2LT
I’m having this issue now. Just bought the car with 17,000 miles and 2 months outside the 3 yr warranty. Passenger side blows hot then I rotate it to 75° and it gets cold again. Then when I rotate back to Lo it stays cold for a moment then gets hot again. Dealer says they can’t honor the repair under warranty just 2 mon out but well below in miles. Needless to say I am far from happy.
Jetracer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 03:29 AM   #22
beedo

Drives: 18 2SS 1LE NFG
Mine is doing the same thing with 13k on it, this is the reason I jumped on here tonight to see if anyone was having the same issue. Noticed last week or so that I was feeling warm air because I have the passenger vent by the shifter pointed at me and I have to keep it on 60 or its warm, but the drivers side blows cold. damn
beedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 06:23 PM   #23
stevstevd

Drives: MBM 2016 2LT RS
I have this issue as well. reported it the first summer, and last summer. It's only when it gets silly hot out. Drivers side the AC kicks off and blows hot air. I had some success by cranking it to the hottest it goes, then bringing it back. Usually that tricks it and it starts to blow cold again. Today and yesterday no luck - but it does eventually blow cold if I either turn off the car, or mess around as above multiple times.

I am guessing a faulty temp sensor. I hope they can fix, but they never can reproduce the problem.
stevstevd is offline   Reply With Quote