Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-13-2019, 12:00 PM   #1
JGiovando

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE HBM
1LE hood hash mark

Anybody have this on their car and then removed it? I would like to remove mine, not sure how to go about it.
JGiovando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 12:59 PM   #2
KrisHorton
3D Renderings and such...

Drives: 2019 Shock 1SS 1LE
Send a message via AIM to KrisHorton
Removing vinyl is usually best done with a heat gun/hairdryer. Don't blast heat right at it for an extended period of time, keep the gun moving. You should be able to get it started with a fingernail and I wouldn't recommend using anything sharper. I haven't removed any OEM vinyl though, so I can't speak to how much adhesive will be left over.
KrisHorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 07:09 PM   #3
zr1chris

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisHorton View Post
Removing vinyl is usually best done with a heat gun/hairdryer. Don't blast heat right at it for an extended period of time, keep the gun moving. You should be able to get it started with a fingernail and I wouldn't recommend using anything sharper. I haven't removed any OEM vinyl though, so I can't speak to how much adhesive will be left over.
The problem is trying to remove vinyl from on top of vinyl instead of paint. I've never dealt with or seen anyone with this scenario. Not sure if it can be done the same way as usual and if it will leave anything behind on the vinyl wrap underneath. Good luck to the OP.

Update: just realized it's your post I commented on Jason lol. Why are you taking them off? Dont like?

Last edited by zr1chris; 06-14-2019 at 07:03 PM.
zr1chris is offline   Reply With Quote