Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Thread Closed

Old 05-16-2019, 12:21 PM   #449
NYblack1le

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
A projected release date would be great. I’d be willing to wait a few months but any longer and I’ll probobly go with a roto-fab. Some transparency would be appreciated.
Old 05-16-2019, 10:30 PM   #450
waterman

Drives: Grandad's C2 L89
It's not often that we as consumers have any insight into the development of an aftermarket bolt on. It takes extra effort and a degree of risk from the vendor to do so, especially in the R&D stage. There are bound to be successes and failures as well as setbacks during real word testing. Not to mention that a quality product takes time to evolve. I for one, appreciate the updates.

I would like to encourage the members of this forum who are following this thread to remain constructive in their posts. Take the hate somewhere else or perhaps show enough maturity to move on.

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-17-2019, 12:05 AM   #451
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterman View Post
It's not often that we as consumers have any insight into the development of an aftermarket bolt on. It takes extra effort and a degree of risk from the vendor to do so, especially in the R&D stage. There are bound to be successes and failures as well as setbacks during real word testing. Not to mention that a quality product takes time to evolve. I for one, appreciate the updates.

I would like to encourage the members of this forum who are following this thread to remain constructive in their posts. Take the hate somewhere else or perhaps show enough maturity to move on.

Thanks in advance.
Good post.

I am just as interested in this part as others on here. In the same, I am just as annoyed about the lack of transparency and broken promises of updates.

The things is, because of what waterman wrote, and also figuring in the business case behind this part, I cannot help but just wait. What I mean is, the business case to develop, manufacture and sell is not as good compared to other cars (like our Mustang friends is). The 6th Gen Camaro didn't get the sales volumes for it. This is one reason why a lot of other aftermarket companies haven't come out with anything or took a while to do so. The other reason, in my educated belief, is that the competency of the 6th Gen is to the point where some products don't make sense to put out there anyway.

Koni and Bilstein don't even have replacement shocks out yet... Options are pretty much coil-overs, custom or stock.
Old 05-17-2019, 01:19 AM   #452
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:

Thanks in advance.
Well said

It appears some haven't read rule #1 of this forum.
Old 05-17-2019, 08:59 AM   #453
Bayles76

Drives: 16 Summit 2SS, 92 Arctic Formula
Quote:

Thanks in advance.
+1
Old 05-18-2019, 08:39 AM   #454
Whitecomet 36

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1le
Looks amazing. And I am happy it will no don't be a quality product. I just don't understand the avoidance with respect to a release date.
Old 06-11-2019, 07:07 PM   #455
Whitecomet 36

Month later bump
Old 06-12-2019, 12:50 PM   #456
Whitecomet 36

Uhhh lol eta 2025
Old 06-12-2019, 01:11 PM   #457
TRich2SS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitecomet 36 View Post
Uhhh lol eta 2025
Its over just let it die lol.
Old 06-12-2019, 02:32 PM   #458
Whitecomet 36

No never I need this the best ho mid ever. More hp than a super charger. 10x gain over a roto fab. You'll see.
Old 06-13-2019, 10:20 AM   #459
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Maybe they’ll debut it at fest. Does anyone know if they’re going?
Old 06-13-2019, 10:53 AM   #460
RyanR623

Drives: SS A8, NPP, Red Hot
Quote:
Originally Posted by vararam industries View Post
Not to worry, there will be no feet dragging !
We have been head long on this project for months wile simultaneously running multiple R&D programs on the LT-1's and LT-4's engines for future products.
We have tested every combination possible, we even modified the stock box to the point that it outperformed "EVERY" aftermarket intake on the market wile still using the stock paper filter!

Our goal was to beat what we had created by a strong margin wile setting up for both LT-1 and ZL-1 vehicles.
We more than reached that goal.

More updates coming this week.

VR tech
I wonder how long it would take if they WERE dragging their feet.

Closed Thread