Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-10-2019, 10:21 PM   #1
cirpower

Drives: Camaro ZL1
Removing drivers side downpipe, need help

Hi all

For a little project I am removing my downpipes that hold the first catalyst. However, one nut that secures the downpipe to the header is impossible to reach. It sits behind the O2 sensor which is also impossible to reach. Any tips / help would be greatly appreciated. How do I get this ****** thing off?

Is there a manual for the car?

KR
cirpower
cirpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 10:57 AM   #2
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
I think I used a medium depth 3/8 socket and a wobble extension. There is no "manual" that I know of that tells you what tools to use...
Impossible to reach is something like the power steering unit on a Nissan Maxima. I had no issues on the factory exhaust... I did a write up on the uninstall 3 years ago..
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 08:18 AM   #3
cirpower

Drives: Camaro ZL1
Thanks oldman. I was finally able to get it done using an offset wrench that I cut slightly shorter.
cirpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 11:20 AM   #4
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
done that before too....
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote