Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Marketplace > Members Classifieds > Suspension / Chassis / Brakes

AWE Tuning

Old 04-04-2024, 02:02 PM   #1
Jake02

Drives: 2020 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
WTB Suspension control module

I’m looking for a used suspension control module from a ZL1 1LE. Part number 84214461.
Jake02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2024, 05:42 PM   #2
SCCAForums

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro, Ford Mustang
Best bet is entire package from eBay... (in my experience)
Old 04-04-2024, 09:36 PM   #3
Jake02

I have replaced the MRC with the Multimatic DSSV suspension from a ZL1 1LE. When I did this I used shock simulators and suspension ride height sensor simulators. I used ride height simulators because it sounds like when people don’t use them it is more likely for the shock simulator to go bad. Since going to this setup I have had some brake bias issues and through some research I have found that this car uses electronically controlled brake proportion valves to control brake bias on the fly as needed. I imagine the weight transfer of the car when braking and turning with affect the commanded brake bias. Which is why I want to regain the use of the ride height sensors. I have heard that I can install a ZL1 1LE suspension control module and it will eliminate the need for shock simulators and still allow me to use the ride height sensors and will hopefully correct my issues.
This is why I need a suspension control module from a ZL11LE specifically. I have checked everywhere I can think of and can only find modules for a car with MRC. Both cars use the same part number, it appears the programming is different. I have access to Global Connect and can program factory calibrations but to my knowledge cannot install a program for a different car on my car. Technically the module swap I want to do shouldn’t work but I think it is worth a try at this point.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 04-05-2024, 04:03 PM   #4
clyde

Drives: broken
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake02 View Post
I have replaced the MRC with the Multimatic DSSV suspension from a ZL1 1LE. When I did this I used shock simulators and suspension ride height sensor simulators. I used ride height simulators because it sounds like when people don’t use them it is more likely for the shock simulator to go bad. Since going to this setup I have had some brake bias issues and through some research I have found that this car uses electronically controlled brake proportion valves to control brake bias on the fly as needed. I imagine the weight transfer of the car when braking and turning with affect the commanded brake bias. Which is why I want to regain the use of the ride height sensors. I have heard that I can install a ZL1 1LE suspension control module and it will eliminate the need for shock simulators and still allow me to use the ride height sensors and will hopefully correct my issues.
This is why I need a suspension control module from a ZL11LE specifically. I have checked everywhere I can think of and can only find modules for a car with MRC. Both cars use the same part number, it appears the programming is different. I have access to Global Connect and can program factory calibrations but to my knowledge cannot install a program for a different car on my car. Technically the module swap I want to do shouldn’t work but I think it is worth a try at this point.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
[deleted my comment because it was wrong]

Last edited by clyde; 04-05-2024 at 07:18 PM. Reason: oops
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 04:11 PM   #5
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Several on ebay right now for $50-60. Won't matter if it's manual or auto afaik.

It works for me. Much better option than spending $500 on $50 worth of resistors, wire and plugs that often fail.
Old 04-05-2024, 04:25 PM   #6
clyde

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC113 View Post
Won't matter if it's manual or auto afaik.
I thought user @GunMetalGrey reported having issues when trying to use one that came from a car with the other transmission? Maybe not?
Old 04-05-2024, 04:29 PM   #7
DaveC113

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
I thought user @GunMetalGrey reported having issues when trying to use one that came from a car with the other transmission? Maybe not?
That was the brake module.
Old 04-05-2024, 05:37 PM   #8
Jake02

I really have checked and continue to check everywhere I can think of including eBay. There are a lot of suspension control modules for sale. All I have found so far are for mag ride not dssv. I have access to gm global connect so I can run the vin and check the suspension rpo code.
Still looking. If you have one hit me up!
Old 04-05-2024, 07:17 PM   #9
clyde

Quote:
wrong stuff I wrote
Oh crap, I got mixed up and confused it with another module. Sigh. Sorry for that.

OTOH, do the ZL1 1LEs come with the shock controller since the DSSV don't need it? If you're not certain, maybe ask in the ZL1 forum if someone can take a look in their trunk to confirm it's confirm it's present or not?
Old 04-05-2024, 08:15 PM   #10
DaveC113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake02 View Post
I really have checked and continue to check everywhere I can think of including eBay. There are a lot of suspension control modules for sale. All I have found so far are for mag ride not dssv. I have access to gm global connect so I can run the vin and check the suspension rpo code.
Still looking. If you have one hit me up!
I'd bet that any Camaro sus module from a car w/o magride will work. DSSV has absolutely no electronics attached to it.
Old 04-05-2024, 08:16 PM   #11
DaveC113

Quote:
Oh crap, I got mixed up and confused it with another module. Sigh. Sorry for that.

OTOH, do the ZL1 1LEs come with the shock controller since the DSSV don't need it? If you're not certain, maybe ask in the ZL1 forum if someone can take a look in their trunk to confirm it's confirm it's present or not?
No problem!

They do. I have one in my car, I just switched to MCS coilovers. I have no idea what it does, the only other electronics are the suspension position sensors.
Old 04-05-2024, 09:34 PM   #12
Christian1LE

Drives: 2004 BMW 330CI, 2022 1SS 1LE
I found mine on ebay, it was plug and play and I've had no issues with DSSV.

This one says it was pulled from a regular Camaro SS that shouldn't have magride.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/35535433197...AR9VKPR1P95Y2A
Christian1LE is offline   Reply With Quote