Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 12-09-2019, 01:00 PM   #169
SS22

Drives: 2010 Blue Camaro RS
The bottom line is simple. I'd rather have an electric Camaro then no Camaro at all.
SS22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 06:47 PM   #170
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS22 View Post
The bottom line is simple. I'd rather have an electric Camaro then no Camaro at all.

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 04:49 PM   #171
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
Just remember: big oil still runs the world. If at any moment they start to feel seriously threatened they have enough politicians and CEOs of giant corporations in their back pocket to do whatever they want about it.

Unless BP or Exxon start to shift their focus on mining copper to produce the windings in electric motors or battery cells, they still own the car world selling dinosaur DNA. And companies like that don’t go out of business easily, quickly, or quietly.

Think about this: both companies experienced massive, large scale, severely damaging accidents due to their own employees incompetence over the last 30 years that resulted in them loosing billions, massive lawsuits, and total embarrassment in the public eye, yet today they’re still going without a hiccup. Those events would have wiped out most companies.

And the electric car is gonna kill the internal combustion engine???
There is little truth here, maybe half a century ago some of this would apply.

What is being missed or forgotten is that Oil Majors operate in a global economy(just like GM). Another easily forgotten fact is that America is not at the center of the universe, and not everyone thinks like we do or wants what we want.

Oil companies do not run the world, consumers do. Consumer's wants are changing and they no longer want to do business with irresponsible corporate citizens anymore than they want to continue to be dependent on fossil fuels, so no oil companies can no longer do whatever they want, if we could my day to day would be a lot easier, trust me.

Also, the world cannot handle a complete paradigm shift off fossil fuels, and I will sum that up in one word...."plastics". Almost everything is made of plastic, and the only reason they are so cheap is because of the value of the rest of the barrel of crude oil has, like gasoline.

The challenge is finding balance, and changing your asset mix and future plans to fit the consumer's appetite for change, while finding alternate ways or materials to make things from.

It is 2020, not 1920, the world is progressing to a brighter future and that means less fossil fuel use whether we like it or not. if you wont do it for you, do it for the kids HAHAHAHAHA.
Old 12-10-2019, 06:12 PM   #172
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
There is little truth here, maybe half a century ago some of this would apply.

What is being missed or forgotten is that Oil Majors operate in a global economy(just like GM). Another easily forgotten fact is that America is not at the center of the universe, and not everyone thinks like we do or wants what we want.

Oil companies do not run the world, consumers do. Consumer's wants are changing and they no longer want to do business with irresponsible corporate citizens anymore than they want to continue to be dependent on fossil fuels, so no oil companies can no longer do whatever they want, if we could my day to day would be a lot easier, trust me.

Also, the world cannot handle a complete paradigm shift off fossil fuels, and I will sum that up in one word...."plastics". Almost everything is made of plastic, and the only reason they are so cheap is because of the value of the rest of the barrel of crude oil has, like gasoline.

The challenge is finding balance, and changing your asset mix and future plans to fit the consumer's appetite for change, while finding alternate ways or materials to make things from.

It is 2020, not 1920, the world is progressing to a brighter future and that means less fossil fuel use whether we like it or not. if you wont do it for you, do it for the kids HAHAHAHAHA.
Have to agree here. Wayyyyyy too many people working their asses of to get rich by being first with EVs and autonomous vehicles. If you see Mobil or Exxon buy Tesla then maybe Mr Potter is alive and well............Its a Wonderful Life Christmas reference.
Old 12-10-2019, 07:03 PM   #173
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Have to agree here. Wayyyyyy too many people working their asses of to get rich by being first with EVs and autonomous vehicles. If you see Mobil or Exxon buy Tesla then maybe Mr Potter is alive and well............Its a Wonderful Life Christmas reference.
Exxon or Mobil won't but I remain dubious at best on Tesla's long term viability.

Lots of people worked their butts off to be first to bring out a better record than the 78 RPM shellac disc. Columbia invented the 33 1/3rd RPM vinyl album in 1942. RCA invented the player that would play every speed so all records could be played and never go unplayable.

They were already the biggest in the music industry at the time.

Just cause people are working their butts off doesn't mean anyone but the big wigs are gonna keep doing what they're doing.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 07:11 PM   #174
roger1

Drives: 2008 Corvette
Exxon and Mobil are the same company.

They merged back in 1998 and is called ExxonMobil.
2008 Corvette 3LT Coupe, LS3/6spd, Atomic Orange, all stock
roger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 07:35 PM   #175
Zack46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 02:34 PM   #176
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
I was able to drive a friend’s Tesla Model S last night and must say I enjoyed the experience more than the Volvo XC60 rental that I have in Germany at the moment.

The Tesla pulled hard, has a nice interior and technology galore. The XC60 is a nice luxury SUV but feels numb and detached. I’d rather drive the electric coupe than a lumbering SUV with a ICE.

Maybe it won’t be so bad if the 6.2L V8 rwd goes away. I didn’t hate it.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 06:52 PM   #177
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger1 View Post
Exxon and Mobil are the same company.

They merged back in 1998 and is called ExxonMobil.
Thanks for the correction, but my point still stands.
Old 12-12-2019, 06:54 PM   #178
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
Exxon or Mobil won't but I remain dubious at best on Tesla's long term viability.

Lots of people worked their butts off to be first to bring out a better record than the 78 RPM shellac disc. Columbia invented the 33 1/3rd RPM vinyl album in 1942. RCA invented the player that would play every speed so all records could be played and never go unplayable.

They were already the biggest in the music industry at the time.

Just cause people are working their butts off doesn't mean anyone but the big wigs are gonna keep doing what they're doing.
The customer determines who gets rich. Yes, sometimes the government. But Unless you are a die hard cynic with conspiracy theorist DNA, build a better mouse trap and they’ll beat a path to your door.
Old 12-15-2019, 05:25 PM   #179
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
Sorry but if any brand i like goes electric I'm out. As long as i can buy petrol i’ll stick to the older stuff if everything goes electric. Not a fan.
Old 12-15-2019, 06:15 PM   #180
slimjim2525

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrillz View Post
Sorry but if any brand i like goes electric I'm out. As long as i can buy petrol i’ll stick to the older stuff if everything goes electric. Not a fan.
This. Screw electric. They forgot the first law of thermodynamics.
Old 12-17-2019, 08:58 AM   #181

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
WTH...lol...ok, how about this?....

"I think...(Insert generic milk/toast pc reply here)…."
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 04:56 AM   #182
Zack46

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
WTH...lol...ok, how about this?....

"I think...(Insert generic milk/toast pc reply here)…."