Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

AWE Tuning

Old 07-09-2020, 02:20 PM   #1
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
I tested 4 types of mitts on some really tough tree sap

I tested the following types of mitts on some really tough tree sap/debris and bird droppings:

Natural lambswool
Synthetic lambswool
Microfiber mitt
Sponge

I had a new Subaru Outback that sat under a tree and had some of the worst,toughest sap/junk I;ve ever encountered. I washed the car 3 times, first with Meguiar's Gold Class, then Chemical Guys Honeydew Snow Foam, then Snow Foam with CG Bug and Tar Shampoo additive. There was STILL stuff stuck to the car.

I decided to try all the types of mitts to see which one removed the junk easiest. I took some pics but they don't really tell the story. I dipped the mitt in soap and then scrubbed individual spots until the junk was gone.

The best at removing the junk was BY FAR, the Adam's synthetic lambswool. The Optimum brand blue sponge was the worst.

1. Adams Synthetic lambswool
2. Chem Guys Microfiber mitt
3. Wookiie Fist Natural lambswool
4. Optimum Big Blue Sponge

I will be ordering more synthetic lambswool from Adams.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 06:04 PM   #2
OVRKLL

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE...makes me go YeeeHaw!
I had some major sap on a car once, and I used Goo Gone to remove it...no problem and sap came off easily.
There was no damage to the clear coat either, just washed it off once sap was removed, and gave the car a polish...it was a loaner, but I felt responsible, so I treated it like it was my own.
Old 08-03-2020, 06:30 PM   #3
TMD29

Drives: 19' ZL1, BMW F80 M3
Citrol 266 works well too. Just make sure you wash and rinse immediately to neutralize it so it doesn't damage the clear coat. It also removes tar and paint scuffs easily.
TMD29 is offline   Reply With Quote