Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-17-2019, 09:46 PM   #43
travislambert

Drives: '17 ZL1
I had another track day yesterday. The good news is, the power seemed normal again. The bad news is, I didn’t really come to any conclusions on the original problem. It's probably fair to say the lack of power was due to temperature/humidity/cooling, but whether it was beyond normal, I'm not sure anymore. It seems at least of few other people in the region were having similar issues.

For the changes... in addition to cleaning the air filter, I also checked the supercharger cooling circuit for air, which there didn’t seem to be any. I then upgraded the center heat exchanger as well as both auxiliary heat exchangers and then refilled the system and bled all of the air.

The temperature was in the 80s yesterday at the track, and the car felt like it normally feels on a hot summer day. Power wasn’t 100% like it is on a < 70-degree day, but it still felt reasonably strong.

For those who may be wondering...
  • The Mishimoto auxiliary coolers seem to be high-quality units that are an exact fit to the stock units.
  • The center heat-exchanger from ADM was nice, but had more of a homemade feel to it. The dimensions weren't perfect, and the welds on the side tabs got in the way of installing the unit perfectly centered on the car. Also, the holes in the tabs were too big for the factory bolts and no hardware was included... so I had to make a run to the hardware store to get washers for the install. Overall, those problems are very minor, so I'm still pleased.

Name:  afterInstall.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  310.7 KB

Name:  centerHeatExchanger.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  322.7 KB

2023 Camaro SS 1LE A10
2023 Camaro ZL1 1LE M6
2017 Camaro ZL1 M6
2016 Camaro SS M6 w/LT4 (Sold)
travislambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 12:17 PM   #44