#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 05-30-2019, 09:10 AM   #15
DeadSpider

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjliptak19 View Post
Thanks everyone, I appreciate all the input. Either way, with or without the PDR I can't wait to get in it and drive it everyday.
PDR is nice to have but as mentioned above.... video quality is a joke for the cost of the package. It is a good daily driver. I just wish I had a longer drive to work :(
DeadSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 09:48 AM   #16
Move'n Up

Drives: 17 Z06/Z07, 17 2SS Fifty, Ram 2500
The Data that the the PDR provides is of more value than the video. The video, as mentioned, isn't going to knock your socks off, but it's pretty good. With the Free Cosworth GM Toolbox you can track 32 data points. If you buy the full version you can track even more items.

Download v1.3 (update 3) Current as of 5/30/2019
Old 05-30-2019, 10:26 AM   #17
fadkar

Drives: 2019 1SS 1LE
You can also use a GoPro like others have said and buy a OB2 to get data overlay on your videos. The whole setup will be a quite a bit cheaper than the factory PDR option but also less convenient/integrated.
Old 05-30-2019, 11:32 AM   #18
Matos1LE

Drives: SS 1LE
As much as I like my GoPro's video quality, dealing with mounting it and having the batteries charged is annoying. I barely ever use it now that I autocross in a 1LE with PDR. Convenience is one of those things that's hard to put a price on. You never have to charge PDR, you never have to remember to bring PDR, you don't have to mount PDR, you can view the video on a nice big screen and not the little joke GoPro screen... I could go on and on. PDR has made me faster, GoPro has made me some sweet Youtube videos lol.
Matos1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 11:35 AM   #19
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Go pro and obdII system
Old 05-30-2019, 12:40 PM   #20
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
It's cool, overpriced though. For the $1500 option they used a camera quality from 2005
Old 05-30-2019, 12:50 PM   #21
metros11

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Overpriced? Yes. Meh video quality? Yes. Seamless easy integration. Hell yes. I use mine everyday as a dash cam. Having all the performance overlay for track days is a big bonus. To me it was worth it.
metros11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 01:03 PM   #22
RynoSS

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Had it in a couple of my C7s, didn't get it in my 1LE and don't miss it or even wish I'd gotten it. Nothing against it. It's a cool feature, but it's one of those things that I could take it or leave it. Even in my cars that had it, I never really used it enough to feel like it was a justified cost. Both of my C7s were 3LT trim, so Nav/PDR was standard.
Old 05-30-2019, 01:22 PM   #23
ScatPack
Banned

Drives: None at the moment
Forget the track. PDR was great for the street. It saved my ass when I got rearended. The overlay that shows the brake and throttle application really. I was rearended and the took swore to the cops and insurance that I panic stopped and caused the accident. But according to the PDR video, it showed me completely stopped with full brake application. That little piece of evidence got me out of that accident where I would have otherwise been at fault. Dash cams are necessary. And having the PDR built in, is great. BTW I was using a 64gb card and it was good for like 1500 minutes of recording.
ScatPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 02:56 PM   #24
cdrptrks

Drives: 2017 Blue Camaro 1SS 1LE with PDR
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScatPack View Post
Forget the track. PDR was great for the street. It saved my ass when I got rearended. The overlay that shows the brake and throttle application really. I was rearended and the took swore to the cops and insurance that I panic stopped and caused the accident. But according to the PDR video, it showed me completely stopped with full brake application. That little piece of evidence got me out of that accident where I would have otherwise been at fault. Dash cams are necessary. And having the PDR built in, is great. BTW I was using a 64gb card and it was good for like 1500 minutes of recording.
Generally the rear car is at fault if it hits the car in front due to them panic stopping because the rear car did not leave enough stopping distance or they were distracted, unless you cut them off immediately before stopping or there were other unusual circumstances. In general a car with summer tires can stop in less distance than the average car on all season tires so you want to be aware of how quickly you slow down whenever possible if someone is following closely.

Anyways running overlay on public streets is risky. If a cop finds out (or you show them like in the case above) that your car has that capability it might be probable cause for a search warrant so the cop can review your speed vs. the speed limit and other driving behaviors for legality on all recordings stored on your memory card. If they didn't personally witness you breaking the law idk what they can do with any illegal driving behaviors they find on the memory card but that could become a bad situation. I believe even the "none" overlay still stores the telemetry data that can be viewed later using the Cosworth toolbox.
cdrptrks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1le, pdr