Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-17-2016, 12:41 PM   #1
ELIC1
Account Suspended

Drives: black and silver
PEOPLE

ran into a friend today that bought a 2011 LS camaro years ago. the day he bought the car he kept telling me how happy he was with the car... i was like ok dude i hope so you are paying for it.. he kept telling me he did not want leather fog lights 4-pack gauges cluster and it was fast enought for him.. i was like good for you i can tell he was full of crap fast foward to today.. he was asking me how hard would it be to add leather fog lights gauges.. i said i thought you where happy with out all that stuff he tells me he never said that. i was like really how long have you been looking to do all this he tells me for the last 2 years SMH.. why do people say they are happy with what they bought and you know they are full of crap i see it and hear it all the time. i just told him good luck and take care.. now i know people will say anyone can add or change their mind on their car i get it.. but dont stand their and be so Adamant about it like i am the crazy one.....
ELIC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 12:46 PM   #2
DaFisch
Master Amateur Mechanic

Drives: Victory Red 2011 2SS/RS
I have a friend who bought a 13 rs. he found out mine was an ss. added the nighthawk stripes, ss badges, ss spoiler, ss grille badge thing, brembos, some stuff on the inside etc. I said either drive a ss or crush your car.
Forged 418 Ls3 from Texas Speed, LSX heads from Texas Speed, Tick Turbo cam, Jakes/PCM/Billet 4l80e, 3200 Stall converter from Circle D, DSS 750 hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, stock 3.23 gears, TSW Wheels Front 20x10 Rear 20x11.5, Fabberage Twin Turbo Supercharger Killer kit with Upgraded Turbos, Squash Dual fuel pump, Full BMR Suspension/bushings, Holly High Rise intake manifold, ID1300 Injectors, Megan Coilovers, PCM of NC plug and play trans kit. HP/TQ TBA
DaFisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 12:48 PM   #3
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
It looks like a case of buyers remorse denial.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 12:49 PM   #4
drew peacock
Banned

Drives: 2012 2SS INFERNO ORANGE
same with hifi..many people claim to have found the ultimate sounding system then a few months later want to change it.
the honeymoon period soon wears off with most things then reality sets in..that's why buying a v6 if your serious about cars is gonna be a big mistake
drew peacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 12:49 PM   #5
ELIC1
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFisch View Post
I have a friend who bought a 13 rs. he found out mine was an ss. added the nighthawk stripes, ss badges, ss spoiler, ss grille badge thing, brembos, some stuff on the inside etc. I said either drive a ss or crush your car.
lol... i have seen people on this site say i did not need this or that.. thats why i bought what i did.. fast foward months later they are asking where to buy what they said they did not want... again you can change your mind but i have seen some fight over it
Old 03-17-2016, 12:53 PM   #6
ELIC1
Account Suspended

[QUOTE=drew peacock;8973590]same with hifi..many people claim to have found the ultimate sounding system then a few months later want to change it.
the honeymoon period soon wears off with most things then reality sets in..that's why buying a v6 if your serious about cars is gonna be a big mistake[/QUOTE some say they did it to save on the gas
Old 03-17-2016, 12:55 PM   #7
drew peacock
Banned

[QUOTE=ELIC1;8973598]
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew peacock View Post
same with hifi..many people claim to have found the ultimate sounding system then a few months later want to change it.
the honeymoon period soon wears off with most things then reality sets in..that's why buying a v6 if your serious about cars is gonna be a big mistake[/QUOTE some say they did it to save on the gas
yeah lol..trying to back up their excuse for buying the wrong motor..
Old 03-17-2016, 12:56 PM   #8
ELIC1
Account Suspended

Quote:
the honeymoon period soon wears off with most things then reality sets in..that's why buying a v6 if your serious about cars is gonna be a big mistake
i have rotol amp and b@w speakers... love my set up but this is for my house just posting i am sure you have heard of this set up before
Old 03-17-2016, 12:57 PM   #9
drew peacock
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELIC1 View Post
i have rotol amp and b@w speakers... love my set up but this is for my house just posting i am sure you have heard of this set up before
had tons of systems..i dont bother with hifi any more...most is hyped up crap..
spend my hard earned money on better things like nice cars..
Old 03-17-2016, 01:02 PM   #10
ELIC1
Account Suspended

Quote:
had tons of systems..i dont bother with hifi any more...most is hyped up crap..
spend my hard earned money on better things like nice cars..
lucky for me i did both.......
Old 03-17-2016, 01:09 PM   #11
splashlog48

Drives: 2011 Green SS M6
Is he asking you about an engine swap too ??
splashlog48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 01:11 PM   #12
ZYBORG
Lets roll...

Drives: 14'
People are seldom honest with themselves. I have had buddies like that..
Old 03-17-2016, 01:12 PM   #13
ELIC1
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by splashlog48 View Post
Is he asking you about an engine swap too ??
NO but now wants headers PTB TUNE... i just walking away and told him good luck.. thats one less liar in my life i have to deal with......
Old 03-17-2016, 01:35 PM   #14
ritchet

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1LS Red Rock
I didn't want a V8, leather, fog lights, etc... OK I'm lying, I wanted all of that but it came down to price. Actually I wasn't looking for Camaro, I wanted a new car that I liked for under 25K.

The 1LS is a good deal for the money. I would love to have a Z-28 or SS but I would rather have my car and my GMC Canyon. I got both for the price of a 2SS

I went down the mod rabbit hole with my Mustang Gt when I was kid. I kept adding to it to make it faster but it was never enough. I agree with you all that you are lying if you say you don't want those things on your car. Just be honest and say, you can't afford those options.

If I could afford it I would have a c6 vette. (Not crazy about the new vette)
ritchet is offline   Reply With Quote