Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 11-03-2013, 04:30 AM   #1
kostnkost
Roof expert detail noob

Drives: 2013 BRM 2LT RS
My baby just stalled

Almost to the day of her 1st birthday too. Warmed her up a few minutes like I always do, then drove for about a 1/4mi. I was at a stop sign getting ready to make a left and I give it some gas, and she wont go past 15mph with a really rough idle. I pull over to the side of the road and throw her in neutral to see if that eases the idling some, and she just stalls. Pop her back into park and she starts up fine with no idling issues. No CEL's as well so I am baffled.

Should this be a cause for concern? I have noticed that her idling gets the slightest bit jumpy every once in a while, but never to the point of stalling.
Old 11-03-2013, 12:39 PM   #2
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by kostnkost View Post
Almost to the day of her 1st birthday too. Warmed her up a few minutes like I always do, then drove for about a 1/4mi. I was at a stop sign getting ready to make a left and I give it some gas, and she wont go past 15mph with a really rough idle. I pull over to the side of the road and throw her in neutral to see if that eases the idling some, and she just stalls. Pop her back into park and she starts up fine with no idling issues. No CEL's as well so I am baffled.

Should this be a cause for concern? I have noticed that her idling gets the slightest bit jumpy every once in a while, but never to the point of stalling.
kostnkost,

Very sorry to hear about your Camaro stalling as I certainly understand the displeasure that created. I realize you're seeking community opinions and responses, and wanted to extend an offer of assistance if needed. Feel free to contact me privately and I'd be happy to help you coordinate an official diagnosis of this issue.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:05 PM   #3
Razorback16

Drives: 2014 2LT RS
I had this happen to me for the 2nd time today. I have had the car for a month now and it is a stock automatic. Both times it has done it at a stop and just died when I hit the gas. Starts up just fine after, I have no idea what this could be.
Razorback16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 05:25 AM   #4
kostnkost
Roof expert detail noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
kostnkost,

Very sorry to hear about your Camaro stalling as I certainly understand the displeasure that created. I realize you're seeking community opinions and responses, and wanted to extend an offer of assistance if needed. Feel free to contact me privately and I'd be happy to help you coordinate an official diagnosis of this issue.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Pm sent
Old 11-08-2013, 05:27 AM   #5
kostnkost
Roof expert detail noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorback16 View Post
I had this happen to me for the 2nd time today. I have had the car for a month now and it is a stock automatic. Both times it has done it at a stop and just died when I hit the gas. Starts up just fine after, I have no idea what this could be.
So it is not just '13's then... I am sure I will get blamed for having a CAI and TB installed on my car.

We're there any modifications done to your car?
Old 11-08-2013, 08:07 AM   #6
Razorback16

I have no modifications at all on my car. I was waiting to see if it was going to have any issues before I started changing anything, so I know that is not the issue.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:58 AM   #7
kostnkost
Roof expert detail noob

Quote:
So it is not just '13's then... I am sure I will get blamed for having a CAI and TB installed on my car.

Were there any modifications done to your car?

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
Old 11-10-2013, 02:16 PM   #8
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Pm sent
Thanks,

I've sent you back a response as well when you get a chance.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 12:52 AM   #9
Chevy girl 13

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:

Hi mine stopped running when I went over a speed bump tonight. I get rough idles when I stop at lights a lot but this scares me. Please keep us posted on your issue. Mine isn't quite the same but seems related. Thank you.
Chevy girl 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 04:23 PM   #10
Razorback16

Are you still having this problem? Mine has not done it since the 1st month I had the car.
Old 03-26-2014, 06:01 AM   #11
kostnkost
Roof expert detail noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorback16 View Post
Are you still having this problem? Mine has not done it since the 1st month I had the car.
It actually stalled after remote starting it a few weeks ago. I came out and started it manually, and the service stabilitrac warning came on the screen. I then rode into work with a really rough idle, my check engine light on, and the feeling that I was going to stall every time I slowed down. Turned the car on for my ride home, and everything was fine and the check engine light went off.

My dealership of course blames my CAI, and throttle body that was installed, but I call BS on that as my first stall occurred before those mods were even on my car. There is no proving that so.....

Since the remote start stall, I have installed a catch can, so we shall see if any problems reoccur. Mind you both stalls occurred during cold weather. I think there is a post here about these cars having cold start misfires.
Old 03-26-2014, 10:13 AM   #12
Razorback16

Sorry to hear you are still having problems. My problem with it has seen to go away on its own, I was hoping yours was the same. I am still waiting to see if it will do it again before I start changing anything. I hope you get it fixed soon.