Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 07-19-2012, 07:07 PM   #15
mechanic1

Drives: 2013 ZL1
most of all this posted info on production stats is bs.........my 2012 rollover is sheduled for build next week..........so there is no way they have built 1000 MY 2013's..........probably less than 400 so far, considering they needed about 500 rollovers..........they can produce them at about 150-180 a week plus they have to build various other car models as well.............If you want a 13 or 14 for sure, I would have an order in now ..........
mechanic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:49 PM   #16
hognutz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmoZL1 View Post
This I will "respectfully disagree" with. The ZL1 remains in limited production. Hear me out, If Chevrolet would make as many cars that were "ordered"?, They would still not have ZL1's in "limited Supply". Dealers are not just taking orders for the ZL1. No matter how many requests you may have, each dealer is still only alloted so many cars, (numbers) in this model year. Soooo, Am I wrong? This is not a gotcha question in any way form or otherwise. Just to my knowlege it's still limited production. Tell me where I'm wrong. Again, NOT SARCASTIC IN ANY WAY!!

Also, The Vin's REMAIN sequential for the ZL1.
I agree with this statemnt. not all dealers have allocations. if they were truely building to order like people say every dealer would be able to order them.

they are going to try to build to demand but they have not even cleared demand from 2012 yet. I think they have ~200 cars to build before they have cleared that.

I think there hope is to do what people are talking about but with the parts shortages and QC issues they just don't have the parts to build to demand.
2013 ZL1 -sold
2007 Z06- sold
2014 Chrysler 300
2011 Duramax 8" lift, deleted tuned
hognutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:52 PM   #17
16floz470ml

Drives: 2012 ZL1 GLJ MG9 WBP RTQ
Any car with the gas guzzler tax is going to be limited production.
16floz470ml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:08 PM   #18
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmoZL1 View Post
This I will "respectfully disagree" with. The ZL1 remains in limited production. Hear me out, If Chevrolet would make as many cars that were "ordered"?, They would still not have ZL1's in "limited Supply". Dealers are not just taking orders for the ZL1. No matter how many requests you may have, each dealer is still only alloted so many cars, (numbers) in this model year. Soooo, Am I wrong? This is not a gotcha question in any way form or otherwise. Just to my knowlege it's still limited production. Tell me where I'm wrong. Again, NOT SARCASTIC IN ANY WAY!!

Also, The Vin's REMAIN sequential for the ZL1.
I will also respectfully disagree with you in regards that towards production. GM has not come out and stated they are producing a specific amount of vehicles as they did for MY2012. They have a full year to produce the MY13's and have stated they will build on demand.

In this day and age of technology, the emphasis is on quality and efficiency and doing so requires an orchestrated symphony between suppliers to produce the cars in a JIT fashion.

And for GM to adhere to policies that span across all States, the allocation system creates bottlenecks that make it appear limited in availability. I would say in two to three months you will see more vehicles readily available after production gets into full swing after the recent shutdown and get caught up with orders, not just placed by individuals but by the dealers for their showrooms( those with the volume).

Someone stated that because it's a 60K car it will limit production. Of course it will but not to what most people perceive to be "limited production". For example, do you know what the production level is for the Corvette? Here is a quote from Corvette Blogger for MY 2011:

"It’s one of our favorite times of the year as GM releases the final production statistics for the 2011 model year. As we told you at the beginning of the month, GM’s wrapped up production of the 2011 Corvette in June and the final count for all Corvettes produced in the 2011 model year was 13,596. That was an 11.5% increase over the 12,194 Corvettes sold during the 2010 model year."

Now for a car that can sell from low 50's to in excess of 100K, those aren't considered "limited production". I think we will see the ZL1 be very successful in the marketplace as evidence by the satisfaction of the early adopters, and I for one would not be surprised of sales in excess of 6K for the year.

Last edited by Bad@ssCamaro; 07-19-2012 at 10:30 PM.
Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:05 AM   #19
adamgl

Drives: '98 Camaro Z28, '06 Z06
My salesman told me my allocation finally came through for my 2012 order from Nov. They better get their shit together fast or '13 will be like '12 and they'll lose a lot more frustrated customers.
'06 Z06 2LZ, Cam, P/P/M Heads, FAST Intake/TB, ARH, CAI, HP Clutch/FW, C5 Axles,
Pfadt Coilovers/Poly Bushings, Carbon Fiber: Everything, lol. HID's, 360 Forged Spec 5's/Invo's, Custom Interior. 550 RWHP
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235911
adamgl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:40 PM   #20
KLR ZL1
H-Town Camaro Club Member

Drives: 17 Hyper Blue Metallic KLR-ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamgl View Post
My salesman told me my allocation finally came through for my 2012 order from Nov. They better get their shit together fast or '13 will be like '12 and they'll lose a lot more frustrated customers.
When did they start on your 2012 MY ZL1 since GM stopped making the 2012MY in June? Are you sure you didn't get bumped to 2013 MY since your allocation finally came through? Most salespersons don't have a clue what they are talking about. So if you just got picked up for production then it will be a 13 MY which means you get the upgrades.
Old 07-21-2012, 01:12 PM   #21
rpepka

Drives: 2013 ZL1 # 2195
They announced the car, many 2012 orders. They could not get it going fast enough with all the suppliers and their still having many issues getting all the parts. The demand has really backed up. They cant get the parts to build them. Everyone is very upset to have to wait so long and it is very a very difficult and slow process placing an order and actually receiving the car. Heck there are many many that have not received the 2012's they ordered and got carried over into 13. Right now it seems very un-organized. I wish they would get their poop together and focus on getting caught up on these orders. Let someone else wait for a change.
rpepka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 02:10 PM   #22
adamgl

Drives: '98 Camaro Z28, '06 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLR ZL1 View Post
When did they start on your 2012 MY ZL1 since GM stopped making the 2012MY in June? Are you sure you didn't get bumped to 2013 MY since your allocation finally came through? Most salespersons don't have a clue what they are talking about. So if you just got picked up for production then it will be a 13 MY which means you get the upgrades.
Yes it rolled over to '13 and still didn't move at all for months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpepka View Post
They announced the car, many 2012 orders. They could not get it going fast enough with all the suppliers and their still having many issues getting all the parts. The demand has really backed up. They cant get the parts to build them. Everyone is very upset to have to wait so long and it is very a very difficult and slow process placing an order and actually receiving the car. Heck there are many many that have not received the 2012's they ordered and got carried over into 13. Right now it seems very un-organized. I wish they would get their poop together and focus on getting caught up on these orders. Let someone else wait for a change.
I told them no thanks when my allocation finally came through a few days ago. Already got tired of waiting and bought something else. Wasn't about to wait a full year, spend $60,000 + , get the car in Nov. and have to immediately put the car away for winter.

I wonder how many sales they've lost b'c of the delays / allocation mess. I know of several other than me.
'06 Z06 2LZ, Cam, P/P/M Heads, FAST Intake/TB, ARH, CAI, HP Clutch/FW, C5 Axles,
Pfadt Coilovers/Poly Bushings, Carbon Fiber: Everything, lol. HID's, 360 Forged Spec 5's/Invo's, Custom Interior. 550 RWHP
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235911
adamgl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 03:17 PM   #23
RJ111

Drives: 2015 ZL1
They have till October to pull my order.I will keep a look out for what I want on dealer lots for a 13 between now and October.If not,I will just wait on the C7.

Last edited by RJ111; 07-21-2012 at 03:18 PM. Reason: .
RJ111 is offline   Reply With Quote