Phastek Performance

Old 09-09-2020, 12:24 PM   #1
tabraha

Drives: 2018 ZL1
CMP Carolina Motorsports Park - Private Track Day Event - September 28

Saw this shared to my local PCA page:

Facebook Post

Basic Text of the post:

I am organizing a private track day at CMP on September 28. It's just for fun, no egos, no trophies, and multiple different cars will be in attendance. Catered lunch will also be provided.

Ironed out my details - see below. I'm not opening the event to general spectators, but +1's are allowed - just need to pay the cost for lunch ($15.00). I'm collecting funds now. Please read the entire message (it's sad I even have to say that out loud).
The cost of entry is $285/person (car) and that includes lunch for one. Seat time can be shared, so two drivers in the same car split the cost. This is NOT for profit, so whatever the total cost is will be divided among the participants equally. At 25 people (I added 40 to the lunch group just in case to cover the corner workers and +1's). This breaks down to $285.52 per person for the day, including food. If we get more people, the cost will go down. If we don't fill it, you'll be refunded. This is a rain or shine event, and once booked, there will be no refunds or cancellations (minus the total cost breakdown).
The event will be structured with a brief tech inspection, driver's meeting at 8am, pass by point-by ONLY in the designated sections, and open track all day minus 12-1 for lunch. We may elect to do a few rolling shot laps after lunch if more of the group is interested in getting some action footage. This will be a LOW SPEED drive on track if we decide to follow through. Bring your own photographers.
For those that don't know what open track means, you can drive you car for as long as you can stand it, and as long as your car holds up. Most track days you may get 3-4 sessions. This track is large enough to handle nearly all the cars at the same time, which doesn't really happen anyways, so you'll have plenty of seat time. I am going to see if I can line up an actual instructor, but there will be enough of us going to show you the ropes. You won't learn it all in a day, anyway, so drive at your comfortable limit. New drivers, or drivers with no track experience I'm planning to let out only after a check ride is complete. Driver safety requirements are a Snell SA2010 or newer helmet (not a motorcycle helmet), and jeans. No exceptions.
Also I will need to know if you require an instructor. If you have no track experience, the answer is "yes". That doesn't mean you'll have to have one with you all day, but the safety of the group is most important.
If you're interested, please reach out to me via PM. Again, taking payments now. Look forward to seeing some of you there!
Dan

I'm not affiliated with this person or event, but it seems like a good opportunity potentially. I have been looking to run CMP again as I haven't run it since it was new, and well now it's about like new again!

@badmojo any thoughts on private days at CMP?
tabraha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 08:35 PM   #2
Badmojo
aka BeastZL1

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE, 2004 Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabraha View Post

Facebook Post

Basic Text of the post:

I am organizing a private track day at CMP on September 28. It's just for fun, no egos, no trophies, and multiple different cars will be in attendance. Catered lunch will also be provided.

Ironed out my details - see below. I'm not opening the event to general spectators, but +1's are allowed - just need to pay the cost for lunch ($15.00). I'm collecting funds now. Please read the entire message (it's sad I even have to say that out loud).
The cost of entry is $285/person (car) and that includes lunch for one. Seat time can be shared, so two drivers in the same car split the cost. This is NOT for profit, so whatever the total cost is will be divided among the participants equally. At 25 people (I added 40 to the lunch group just in case to cover the corner workers and +1's). This breaks down to $285.52 per person for the day, including food. If we get more people, the cost will go down. If we don't fill it, you'll be refunded. This is a rain or shine event, and once booked, there will be no refunds or cancellations (minus the total cost breakdown).
The event will be structured with a brief tech inspection, driver's meeting at 8am, pass by point-by ONLY in the designated sections, and open track all day minus 12-1 for lunch. We may elect to do a few rolling shot laps after lunch if more of the group is interested in getting some action footage. This will be a LOW SPEED drive on track if we decide to follow through. Bring your own photographers.
For those that don't know what open track means, you can drive you car for as long as you can stand it, and as long as your car holds up. Most track days you may get 3-4 sessions. This track is large enough to handle nearly all the cars at the same time, which doesn't really happen anyways, so you'll have plenty of seat time. I am going to see if I can line up an actual instructor, but there will be enough of us going to show you the ropes. You won't learn it all in a day, anyway, so drive at your comfortable limit. New drivers, or drivers with no track experience I'm planning to let out only after a check ride is complete. Driver safety requirements are a Snell SA2010 or newer helmet (not a motorcycle helmet), and jeans. No exceptions.
Also I will need to know if you require an instructor. If you have no track experience, the answer is "yes". That doesn't mean you'll have to have one with you all day, but the safety of the group is most important.
If you're interested, please reach out to me via PM. Again, taking payments now. Look forward to seeing some of you there!
Dan

I'm not affiliated with this person or event, but it seems like a good opportunity potentially. I have been looking to run CMP again as I haven't run it since it was new, and well now it's about like new again!

Uh, totally awesome!

See post https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...7#post10865287
Old 09-09-2020, 08:44 PM   #3
m3bs

Drives: '19 ZLE, S54 E36M3
Wish I could make it, but I’m already committed to a private test day at Roebling that day. Need to give CMP another chance.
m3bs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 08:35 AM   #4
Badmojo
aka BeastZL1

Tabraha,

I looked at this again and didn't realize it was a private rental and split the cost deal without a refund chance. I've done this a couple of times with people I know, but would be cautious if it is with strangers.

It also odd that it is posted in a drag racing group and not the typical track focused pages like South East Track Addicts.

My $.02.

Scott

Quote:

Facebook Post

Basic Text of the post:

Dan

Old 09-11-2020, 07:51 AM   #5
tabraha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badmojo View Post
Tabraha,

I looked at this again and didn't realize it was a private rental and split the cost deal without a refund chance. I've done this a couple of times with people I know, but would be cautious if it is with strangers.

It also odd that it is posted in a drag racing group and not the typical track focused pages like South East Track Addicts.

My $.02.

Scott
Yeah, thought the same thing. I think I'll watch to see how many participants they have to see if it pans out. His goal was 25 cars to hit that price, and that spread out over a private day probably would make for a nicely spaced out track day.

Just not sure with the potential for being on course with others who aren't familiar with point by's etc or rules not being laid out well etc.
Old 09-11-2020, 11:30 AM   #6
Badmojo
aka BeastZL1

I went to one of the "Turn One Track Days" that is organized by CMP. The Super Solo drivers were all very experienced and I would gladly run with them again. It was only $250 and I had five sessions. I could have had six sessions, but it was a rain-out. This avoids any of the problems that a private rental might create.

https://www.carolinamotorsportspark....rack-days.html

Quote:
Yeah, thought the same thing. I think I'll watch to see how many participants they have to see if it pans out. His goal was 25 cars to hit that price, and that spread out over a private day probably would make for a nicely spaced out track day.

Just not sure with the potential for being on course with others who aren't familiar with point by's etc or rules not being laid out well etc.
Old 09-11-2020, 08:50 PM   #7
tabraha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badmojo View Post
I went to one of the "Turn One Track Days" that is organized by CMP. The Super Solo drivers were all very experienced and I would gladly run with them again. It was only $250 and I had five sessions. I could have had six sessions, but it was a rain-out. This avoids any of the problems that a private rental might create.

https://www.carolinamotorsportspark....rack-days.html

I think I’ll have to run one with an instructor first since it’s been so long since I ran CMP the way I read their write up. And the instructor ones are locked out on motorsportreg.com. I will just pick up the phone next week and see if they’ll let me in solo. If I can run Road Atlanta solo with jZilla and keep my nose clean and have done CMP twice albeit many moons ago along with a few other tracks maybe that’ll be enough resume to get in a solo weekend.

I’ll gladly do a day with an instructor but add that to the list of things Covid has messed up.
Old 09-28-2020, 08:29 PM   #8
shogun37

Drives: none
so how di it go?
shogun37 is offline   Reply With Quote