#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

AWE Tuning

Old 08-26-2020, 10:04 PM   #29
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.8TransAM View Post
Might be a 1LE might not, but something is up with the car. Wreck rebuild is what is coming to my mind.
I think this might be the answer.

Couple things.

It has the non-1LE fog inserts with the chrome, but it does look like it has HUD.
Weird bow tieless bow tie.

Trunk with no spoiler holes, car has no badges.
Rear valence looks like right color.

Repaint?

lol at the 285's stretched on the rear wheels.
Old 08-26-2020, 10:13 PM   #30
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Might be a 1LE might not, but something is up with the car. Wreck rebuild is what is coming to my mind.
Funny you should say that, as that possibility has crossed my mind.
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 11:17 PM   #31
funked1

Drives: '23 Hyundai Kona N, '24 VW GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chutzpah View Post
Something looks off with the rear tire size (too small) in relation to the wheel. As well, it looks like they cheaped out and installed ZETA tires (at least that’s how it appears).
Looks like it has 20x10 and 285 at all 4 corners.
funked1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 11:22 PM   #32
Vaska

Drives: On Hiatus
Walk away from that.
Vaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 07:37 AM   #33
Matos1LE

Drives: SS 1LE
Almost guaranteed that car has been crashed and instead of reporting it, they rebuilt it on the low. Recaros are probably gone because airbags deployed and they were damaged in the accident. No reason to remove the splitter and spoiler/migrate to a trunk without spoiler holes. There's certainly no reason anyone would switch to the fog lights with the chrome strip, most people wouldn't even notice that was an option. Add the incorrect tire sizing and missing badges, it screams wreck to me. I'd walk away.
Matos1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 07:41 AM   #34
Nothing like an SS
Faster!!!

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Yes, as many have stated already, many things off on this, does not seem right at all. Don't walk away....RUN as fast as you can!!!!!
Nothing like an SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 07:42 AM   #35
TrackClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtirocz View Post
The GM Global Connect information should be legit and all of the RPO codes match up to being an SS 1LE. I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion that it's not a real 1LE based on that.

The dealer specific list with things like "winter protection package", etc. is BS and I wouldn't really rely on that for anything.

To the OP: If you send socialmedia@gm.com your VIN and request the full build sheet with all of the RPO codes, they will usually respond with this info in less than 24hr. It looks to me like the original owner removed the spoiler, splitter, and Recaros based on the pics and your feedback. I personally would not buy the car based on its condition, but it does look like a real 1LE based on the info you provided.
Not a conclusion per se, but just an observation that a report provided by a dealer is not a reprint of a window sticker, nor is it legally binding and hence may not properly represent what the car is and they are off the hook. This is printed right on the page provided by the dealer to the OP.

Moreover, the dealer trying to explain that for 18MY there were somehow 2 levels of SS 1LE is false. There is no such thing! What is listed as "1LE Track Pack" on dealer order list is GM Performance add on to a regular SS with MagRide and includes sway bars and spring upgrades plus MagRide shock re-calibration. That's it! Of course when somebody picks the 1LE option, then "1LE Track Pack" option would automatically be deleted from the order list. And vice versa. You CANNOT order a 1LE with BOTH. So, clearly the dealer here either has no idea what these 2 options represent (very likely), or is trying to BS the OP.

The easiest and fastest way to see what this car started as model wise, would be to start it, go to Perfromance menu and see if there is an ELSD screen. If yes, the car started as a bone fide 1LE and then had undergone some sort of drama having Recaros pulled out, aero taken off, etc. No idea why somebody would do it, or for what purpose and what else they may have pulled out off the car.

OTOH, if there is no ELSD, then this car started as an SS and somebody had tried to make it LOOK like a 1LE and now the dealer is trying to sell it as "almost 1LE".

Either way, it would be way too messy for me. Strictly personally speaking.
Old 08-27-2020, 07:43 AM   #36
nancygrl
雪の玉

Drives: '22 Z71 RST Silverado
Never heard of the 1LE package being divided...Must be a Canadian market thing.
nancygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 07:54 AM   #37
TrackClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancygrl View Post
Never heard of the 1LE package being divided...Must be a Canadian market thing.
No, it is not. The dealer is "confused". See my post above.
Old 08-27-2020, 08:07 AM   #38
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
No, it is not. The dealer is "confused". See my post above.
Or straight-up dishonest.

Either way, I would walk from the car AND the dealership and never set foot on the lot again. I research cars before I buy them and often know things that the salespeople do not. But, they also demonstrate a solid overall understanding of the car and will openly say that they are not certain about something on the fringes if I ask about it.

The only times I have ever had a dealership try and BS me were times I walked away from the deal immediately. In one circumstance, I was asked by the general manager later on what happened and I told him about how certain details were being presented as "facts" and I knew them to be false. And when that trust was immediately degraded, I could no longer move forward buying anything.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 11:09 AM   #39
h018871
Geoff

Drives: 2020 ZL1 Green
Quote:
I think wrecked also.
Code DS5 is for a rear spoiler, that car no longer has it.

It was a 1LE that was most likely wrecked front and rear with airbags going off and fixed on the cheap.
I hope you did not make the purchase already......but if you did, I hope the structural repairs were made correctly and you enjoy the car.
Old 08-27-2020, 11:22 AM   #40
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
It's a 1LE but it's not one I would even think about purchasing. Someone butchered that car. Autocheck is clean so I don't know it has been wrecked. Signs are pointing to that but without inspecting it, we can't be certain. I don't see why anyone would swap out the rear trunk lid and the Recaros unless it was in a wreck though.

It was sold at auction on 12/17/19 in Canada.

The 1LE package was not seperated, not even in Canada. The 2 1LE options are for the factory isntalled A1Y and then GM LPO/Accessory 1LE suspension, which is not available on A1Y equipped cars.

Like others have said, run away from that car and don't look back.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 11:27 AM   #41
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
Not a conclusion per se, but just an observation that a report provided by a dealer is not a reprint of a window sticker, nor is it legally binding and hence may not properly represent what the car is and they are off the hook. This is printed right on the page provided by the dealer to the OP.

The report from GM Global connect is legit and can only be printed by a GM dealer. It comes right from GM and shows everything the car was ordered and built with. If the car wasn't a 1LE, it would not show A1Y on that page. The car is 100% a legit factory ordered A1Y 1LE.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 11:42 AM   #42
Vaska

Drives: On Hiatus
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
The report from GM Global connect is legit and can only be printed by a GM dealer. It comes right from GM and shows everything the car was ordered and built with. If the car wasn't a 1LE, it would not show A1Y on that page. The car is 100% a legit factory ordered A1Y 1LE.
Maybe someone de-modded the factory 1LE options from a donor car and sold off the stock parts like the spoilers, recaros, tires etc prior to selling it. Majority of buyers would see it as a SS 1LE but not know what the package actually needs to include and they'd get ripped off.
Vaska is offline   Reply With Quote