Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-28-2020, 03:23 PM   #15
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
No TB or addon can eliminate the built in M6 GM bog. It was put there by Chevy on purpose to protect the drive train. This bog is locked into the tune. And that bog only has an effect with sticky tires on a prepped surface. Otherwise you are talking about throttle response. A ported TB may help response, but as for me I have had a TM TB and several others an I could not tell a difference before and after. But we can say a ported TB will not hurt and modding is fun.

But if you want a tune free power boost get a port matched TB and ported LT1 intake manifold. Add a Rotofab dry to get another 5 rwhp. THis is a safe combo and easy to install yourself. You will feel the difference and enjoy better sounds. Fun.
Old 09-28-2020, 03:31 PM   #16
camaroJD

Drives: 2019 Satin Steel 1SS 1LE w/ PDR
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
I wish I can have the same results as the vast majority of you. I’ve tried 2 different ported TB’s from 2 of the best in the business but my car always rejects them for some reason. After 2 tries with one a 4 tries with another I finally decided to replace the MAF sensor just for the heck of it.

My problem was no matter how the TB is ported I’d have rough idle, hesitation off idle, non linear throttle response, and surging at 2k rpm at steady light throttle. The MAF fixed all but the surging problem. So I’m still left with a TB that has somewhat poor drive ability. Throttle response is good now just a little wonky around 2k.

I put the stock TB back in and tried Soler’s controller. I’m very pleased with the way the controller smoothed everything out. Well done Soler! I just wish I can get a ported one to work without surging. I even tried a dyno tune but he couldn’t get rid of the surge. Frustrating!

If anyone has an idea of what’s going on please advise!
I have the same problem, but maybe not as extreme as you. I've had two custom Soler TBs after bringing it to their attention. Mike at Soler is great but this weekend I noticed I'm having surging at ~2k RPM again. Unfortunately I'm barely driving my Camaro at all this year so I think after a couple hundred miles or so something in the air/fuel mixture learning caused it again. I'm going to shoot him an email to see what he has to say.
camaroJD is offline   Reply With Quote