Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-19-2020, 01:30 AM   #1
Val Walkinshaw
L8ap3x

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE
Track alignment back to street specs?

2018 2ss no mods

Looking for suggestions on street alignment specs. I'm currently running -2.5 up front and -2 in the rear for my autocross and track days with SC3s. . My season is winding down and I'm looking for common street specs that I can run my street MPS4S on that won't cause as uneven of wear.

Poor factory alignment:
Camber -1.1 up front/-.85 rear.
Toe was whacked at .05 on one side and -.45 on the other.

I ran -2 front /-1 rear with .15 toe for a bit this summer before settling on my current setup.

What's working for you guys?
Val Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 09:23 PM   #2
sr71bb

Drives: 2019 Camaro Z-28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Val Walkinshaw View Post
2018 2ss no mods

Looking for suggestions on street alignment specs. I'm currently running -2.5 up front and -2 in the rear for my autocross and track days with SC3s. . My season is winding down and I'm looking for common street specs that I can run my street MPS4S on that won't cause as uneven of wear.

Poor factory alignment:

I ran -2 front /-1 rear with .15 toe for a bit this summer before settling on my current setup.

I use -1.5 degrees CAMBER of all four wheels and very small amount of TOE IN. Tire wear has been great go far with my michelin 4S 305 30 19 tires on all four corners. I think this works GREAT for the street.

i ran the car the other day at Motorsports Ranch and I definitely think I could have used more negative camber for the track. I think I will try negative 2 degrees camber of all four wheels. If I am not mistaken , I think that 2.3 to 2.5 negative camber is about the most I can get on the front but anything past 2.0 will cause premature tire wear.
https://youtu.be/c9M5UHDftcA
4-15-23 at SCCA TT U1 Class

MEGA Thread on THIS car:
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=602092

Retired Cars BELOW:
1973 Camaro, 1969 Camaro, 1969 Camaro SS RS
2010 Camaro SS with 1000HP F1R, 2019 ZL1 1LE A10
sr71bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 06:56 AM   #3
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
2018 2ss no mods

Poor factory alignment:

If your street driving includes cornering with much enthusiasm at all, I'd say take one degree of camber out of your track alignment at each corner. Set around 0.1° total toe or a tiny bit less up front, 0.2° total toe out back.

Should feel a little less understeerish than setting everything to "factory preferred".

Norm
Old 09-23-2020, 08:20 PM   #4
sr71bb

Drives: 2019 Camaro Z-28
Quote:
2018 2ss no mods

Poor factory alignment:

My suggestion for you would be to get some vorshlag adustible camber plates. Here they are:

https://vorshlag-store.com/collectio...-style-springs

That way you can more easily go from street to track settings in a matter of minutes. I am having mine installed in the next few days and I will report back. As far as street setting I did change to -2 degrees camber on the front and left the rears at -1.5 degrees. This felt good on the street and I used these same settings for a track day at Eagles Canyon Raceway.

After some consultation with some road racing gurus, they suggested negative 3.5 degrees on the front for track setting because the car at extreme cornering speeds would lose some tire adhesion on the front wheels even while using a 305 30 19 tire. I was hampered of course with the MS 4S 300 treadwear rating but they handled surprisingly well.
https://youtu.be/c9M5UHDftcA
4-15-23 at SCCA TT U1 Class

MEGA Thread on THIS car:
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=602092

Retired Cars BELOW:
1973 Camaro, 1969 Camaro, 1969 Camaro SS RS
2010 Camaro SS with 1000HP F1R, 2019 ZL1 1LE A10
sr71bb is offline   Reply With Quote