Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-28-2024, 04:34 PM   #1
Buddy Shagmore

Drives: '23 LT1 & '16 GMC Canyon
LT1 tire suggestions

I have a '23 LT1. Had a nail pulled and plugged the other day. Got me thinking about when the time comes for new tires. I would stick with the stock size. What have you other LT1'ers done?
Buddy Shagmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 08:12 PM   #2
havelegs

Drives: '23 LT1 A10
If I were to stick with the current size I'd go with a summer tire such as the Continentals
Old 02-29-2024, 07:02 AM   #3
WhiteMale

Drives: 23 ZL1 A10 Rapid Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Shagmore View Post
I have a '23 LT1. Had a nail pulled and plugged the other day. Got me thinking about when the time comes for new tires. I would stick with the stock size. What have you other LT1'ers done?
Depends on what you want and how you drive, the range from an A/S because you just putter around in a D/D year round, or, you want to throw gears and race the streets in the summer but need to have some winter use if you don't have a dedicated winter tire...you're gonna have to say a little on what you want from a tire.
WhiteMale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 07:15 AM   #4
BatMobileLT1

Drives: 2023 Camaro LT1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMale View Post
Depends on what you want and how you drive, the range from an A/S because you just putter around in a D/D year round, or, you want to throw gears and race the streets in the summer but need to have some winter use if you don't have a dedicated winter tire...you're gonna have to say a little on what you want from a tire.
+1
OP - Since you are on OEM All-Season Run-flats now, are you good with going with non-run flats to get better tires?
And do you need all-seasons?

If yes to both questions, I recommend the Continental Extreme Contact DWS06+ that I and many others have for a top high performance all season.
However, as havelegs noted especially if you stay with current all 245 sizes then you should consider going with high performance summer Continental or Michelins option that will get you some more traction & grip for launches.
Old 02-29-2024, 08:05 AM   #5
Msquared

Drives: Chevrolet SS 1LE
the OP is in "Hellafornia," so he doesn't need all-seasons. The Conti ExtremeContact Sport or Micheline Pilot Sport 4S are the two obvious recommendations for a "three-season" extremely-high-performance tire. That said, I agree that it would be helpful to know how he uses the car and what his priorities are.
Old 03-08-2024, 12:56 AM   #6
Buddy Shagmore

Drives: '23 LT1 & '16 GMC Canyon
I don't track or push the limit...just general driving. I would stick with all season run flats.
Buddy Shagmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 07:24 AM   #7
BatMobileLT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Shagmore View Post
I don't track or push the limit...just general driving. I would stick with all season run flats.
Then your choices are pretty limited - see https://www.tirerack.com/
Looks like you only have your current OEM Goodyears for all season run-flats to pick from.
If you can go with summer performance tires since you are in California, there are some Pirelli Pzero PZ24 summer run-flats that are rated somewhat better than the Goodyears.
Old 03-09-2024, 08:51 AM   #8
BatMobileLT1

BTW - If you do want to stay with All Season and run-flats anyway so you want to get another set of OEM Goodyear all season run-flats, this is your lucky day!
There are plenty of Camaro owners on this site that replace these tires to get better non run-flats and not many buyers - put a WTB add in classifieds and you should be able to pretty easily find people willing to give you a good deal on their take-offs.
Good luck!

Last edited by BatMobileLT1; 03-09-2024 at 09:15 AM.
BatMobileLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 08:28 AM   #9
Crushin_LT1

Drives: 2021 LT1 6spd
Firestone FireHawk Indy 500, excellent tires on a new set of wheels.

Plan to replace the OEM A/S with a better set when they're finally done.