Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - Texas

Phastek Performance

Old 11-03-2023, 02:10 PM   #1
Psyhamster

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS
Exclamation Camaro Stolen in Addison

Hey y’all,

my Camaro was stolen from a gated parking garage in Addison sometime between Sunday evening and today.

It’s a Dark Gray 2018 Camaro SS with a vanity plate that reads SWRDFSH. Registration sticker on the window (bottom left drivers side) expired on 07/23 and has a small orange square sticker for the apartment above it. License plate frame is also customized and says “see you space cowboy”.

If any of y’all in see it in the area please reach out to me on here or contact Addison Police.

Thank you.

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  171.7 KB

Name:  Capture1.jpg
Views: 441
Size:  251.0 KB

Name:  IMG_1336.jpg
Views: 482
Size:  97.7 KB

| Mishimoto Catch Can | Roto-Fab Oiled Intake w/ Sound Tube Delete | GM Dark Tail Lights & 3rd Brake Light | JWM LED Sidemarkers | 35/5 Ceramic Tint | AWE Track Exhaust w/ Resonators & Link Pipes |
Psyhamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2023, 06:23 PM   #2
dfwcowboy

Drives: 2024 ZL1 M6, 1969 Cessna Skylane
That's horrible. I'm sure the tag is long gone by now so it will be hard to spot. I live 30 miles to the west so not sure if I'll ever see it, but I'll do what I can do. I just put an airtag in both of my vehicles. Anyone who steals one is going to get to say hello to my little friend if I ever find it.
dfwcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2023, 06:52 PM   #3
havelegs

Drives: '23 LT1 A10
Sucks man. Mine was stolen this past Sunday AM in northeast Dallas from a hotel parking lot. Dallas PD pretty much said it's probably being parted out. I just got a call from the insurance company this afternoon and they're in the process of coming up with the value of mine since now they are just considering it a loss. Hope our insurance handles us for this disgusting crime that is running rampant in Dallas.
havelegs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2023, 07:16 PM   #4
dfwcowboy

Drives: 2024 ZL1 M6, 1969 Cessna Skylane
Quote:
Originally Posted by havelegs View Post
Sucks man. Mine was stolen this past Sunday AM in northeast Dallas from a hotel parking lot. Dallas PD pretty much said it's probably being parted out. I just got a call from the insurance company this afternoon and they're in the process of coming up with the value of mine since now they are just considering it a loss. Hope our insurance handles us for this disgusting crime that is running rampant in Dallas.

I went through the process a few months ago when my 2018 2LT was totaled. I paid $32K for it and the insurance company gave me somewhere between $28-29 IIRC, so I wasn't too bummed especially since I was going to buy a new one anyway. Fortunately I had all the receipts for my aftermarket parts and I challenged their valuation. I hadn't put too much aftermarket stuff into it, but I also produced a few examples of what similar ones in my area were selling for. I think they had a bit of wiggle room so if you complain they just throw you some extra to shut you up. I was able to squeeze another grand out of them so it's probably worth being a squeaky wheel with whatever they come back with.

With Chevy not making them anymore I suspect they are also going to stop making replacement parts. I think theft is just going to become more of a problem.
dfwcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2023, 09:34 PM   #5
havelegs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfwcowboy View Post
I went through the process a few months ago when my 2018 2LT was totaled. I paid $32K for it and the insurance company gave me somewhere between $28-29 IIRC, so I wasn't too bummed especially since I was going to buy a new one anyway. Fortunately I had all the receipts for my aftermarket parts and I challenged their valuation. I hadn't put too much aftermarket stuff into it, but I also produced a few examples of what similar ones in my area were selling for. I think they had a bit of wiggle room so if you complain they just throw you some extra to shut you up. I was able to squeeze another grand out of them so it's probably worth being a squeaky wheel with whatever they come back with.

With Chevy not making them anymore I suspect they are also going to stop making replacement parts. I think theft is just going to become more of a problem.
I had just put new wheels and tires on mine the week before it was stolen, also had some appearance body parts on mine. I know I won't get much if anything for the splitter, spoiler, rockers, etc. I talked to him about the wheels and tires and basically was kind of we can give you something for it but you won't get what you paid for it. I am with progressive, so even without the aftermarket insurance policy, they could pay up to $1,000 as listed on their website. I sent in all the receipts for the mods, maintenance, etc.
I am seeing the LT1s in my area listed from 36-41k with similar miles and in some cases even more miles and even with less options. I had just 24k on mine plus mine had Tech, RS, NPP, red calibers, center console lid, Bose.

I really hope I can get a good offer so I can use that money to put down on another Camaro. Really anxious about this process, driving me crazy. I should know early next week. But, I do plan to challenge it regardless and send them examples of what cars are going for in the Austin area. I owe 27k and hope to get at least 37k for it. Really just wish the car never got stolen, what a mess this thing is.
Old 11-03-2023, 10:49 PM   #6
atx_traveler

Drives: blue velvet
how are these cars getting stolen? keyless signal repeater? not too long ago another member's car got stolen in Dallas as well.
atx_traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2023, 11:27 PM   #7
havelegs

Quote:
Originally Posted by atx_traveler View Post
how are these cars getting stolen? keyless signal repeater? not too long ago another member's car got stolen in Dallas as well.
Yes, or they just bust the window, pop the hood, cut the horn wire then ecu swap it and program their fob from what I've been told. Really sucks, it hurts.

Also check this out, they can come up to your house with an antenna and scan for your fob.

Old 12-04-2023, 09:38 PM   #8
bowtie_thunder
Camaro Connoisseur

Drives: Red 2018 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS
So mine was stolen in SoCal recently (a WHOLE lot of thefts since the beginning of last year, admittedly unbeknowsnt to me).

It's also very possible they are doing OBD II port hackery. Then opening the hood, pulling the fuse for the horn and the one that powers the OnStar system Mine was taken around 1:56 AM on Nov. 16. My neighbor's Ring Camera footage caught them taking my SS in literally a minute's time.

I know for a fact it wasn't a relay attack (my car was parked a couple of blocks from where I am, currently apartment living), and there is no way they cloned my key, as I don't know many people at all in the neighborhood I'm currently in.

So the only other possibility is OBD II theft, or they somehow scoped me out at the last dealership I went to for a warped head on the right bank (don't ask), but that is 14 miles away in my home region, and I'm still registered there with my original address.

Current: 2020 2SS Camaro, A10, Non-MRC

JLP Axlebacks | American Authority Fuel Door | K&N Performance Air Filter| iKON Motorsports Rear Valance

bowtie_thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2023, 08:07 AM   #9
ddivinia

Drives: 19 ZR1 20 350R Wife -> 24 ZL1 Vert
That sucks. That key fob antenna repeater thing is crazy.

D.
ddivinia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2023, 07:58 PM   #10
havelegs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtie_thunder View Post
So mine was stolen in SoCal recently (a WHOLE lot of thefts since the beginning of last year, admittedly unbeknowsnt to me).

It's also very possible they are doing OBD II port hackery. Then opening the hood, pulling the fuse for the horn and the one that powers the OnStar system Mine was taken around 1:56 AM on Nov. 16. My neighbor's Ring Camera footage caught them taking my SS in literally a minute's time.

I know for a fact it wasn't a relay attack (my car was parked a couple of blocks from where I am, currently apartment living), and there is no way they cloned my key, as I don't know many people at all in the neighborhood I'm currently in.

So the only other possibility is OBD II theft, or they somehow scoped me out at the last dealership I went to for a warped head on the right bank (don't ask), but that is 14 miles away in my home region, and I'm still registered there with my original address.
They found mine and arrested the scrumbag driving it. Still unsure of the exact method they used but the car had a different aftermarket fob that they were using. I saw the car and inspected the fuse box, the onstar and horn fuses were missing. I suspect they fob scanned me since the windows were not broken, drove the car off and then programmed a fob for them to use.