Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

Phastek Performance

Old 09-08-2017, 06:29 AM   #71
Jastone

Drives: 98 TA, 10 Sierra, 17 XT5, 17 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by abez View Post

If some one can show me how to Embed this that would be great lol

I know you guys are ahead of the youtube series, but enjoy!
Fixed for ya. Sent you a PM also. The videos do add a nice touch. It's great to see projects diligently logged!! Great work!!
Old 09-08-2017, 09:52 AM   #72
cmeJATT

Drives: SS-6-SPD
nice man!! cannot wait to see her finished
cmeJATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 04:21 PM   #73
abez

Drives: 2016 1SS
She's almost finished..

Hey guys, I know its been pretty quiet on here as ive been pretty swamped but here's another update on the car. So currently almost everything has been painted except the rear ZL1 diffuser! I am just waiting on that to be painted and slapped on so I can go take it to get VIN verified and registered. There was a setback that happened within these last 2 weeks; I ended up finding out that I never ordered the lower grille, DRL ducts and the hood scoop water catcher. Those took about a week to come in then it took me about another to go and find the time to pick them up..
But I went yesterday to go pick them up after work and ended up a bit disappointed.. pictures are below..

Not this picture lol these are the DRL inserts

So Right here you cant really tell what the issue is but..

When I checked it I found a huge scrape as if someone took a grinder and took a swipe at it!!

To top it off I found a scrape/ chip right in the center of the grille you cant really tell unless you look closley but still its not something you would expect from GM and from something that was so well packaged..C'mon GM!! Anyways so I decided to keep it as I did not want to wait for another to arrive and find the time to pick it up. I'm going to have my body guy see if he can work some magic to make it less noticeable.

All said and done I'm extremely happy and excited for the car to be put together and driven!

Here are some pictures of the car as it stands today!

Thanks for reading guys! Also for anyone watching the youtube video's , video 003 is coming this weekend sorry for all the delays but I appreciate all the support

* also wanted to note that the ZL1 Emblem on the grille came with the grille & it will be removed*
abez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 09:07 PM   #74
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Quote:
Hey guys, I know its been pretty quiet on here as ive been pretty swamped but here's another update on the car. So currently almost everything has been painted except the rear ZL1 diffuser! I am just waiting on that to be painted and slapped on so I can go take it to get VIN verified and registered. There was a setback that happened within these last 2 weeks; I ended up finding out that I never ordered the lower grille, DRL ducts and the hood scoop water catcher. Those took about a week to come in then it took me about another to go and find the time to pick them up..
But I went yesterday to go pick them up after work and ended up a bit disappointed.. pictures are below..

Not this picture lol these are the DRL inserts

So Right here you cant really tell what the issue is but..

When I checked it I found a huge scrape as if someone took a grinder and took a swipe at it!!

To top it off I found a scrape/ chip right in the center of the grille you cant really tell unless you look closley but still its not something you would expect from GM and from something that was so well packaged..C'mon GM!! Anyways so I decided to keep it as I did not want to wait for another to arrive and find the time to pick it up. I'm going to have my body guy see if he can work some magic to make it less noticeable.

All said and done I'm extremely happy and excited for the car to be put together and driven!

Here are some pictures of the car as it stands today!

Thanks for reading guys! Also for anyone watching the youtube video's , video 003 is coming this weekend sorry for all the delays but I appreciate all the support

* also wanted to note that the ZL1 Emblem on the grille came with the grille & it will be removed*
Great update sorry about the two issues but what the car looked like when you got it to now I am excited to see it completed 100%.
Old 10-10-2017, 12:12 PM   #75
abez

Drives: 2016 1SS
The Finished Product!

Hey Guys I know that I've been lagging it with the updates but I had a couple of obstacles that had to figure out with the car. I was patiently waiting for this build to be finished as well & believe me when I say It was a Looooooooooooooooooong 3 months but the time has finally arrived and here is the beauty! Let me know your thoughts!

*I put on stock OEM ZL1 Wheels due the stock SS wheels not making the car look cherry enough; I have ordered ZL1 1LE wheels but due to heavy demand for those wheels I'm currently on a wait list :/*

Thanks guys for joining me on this journey; the car is AMAZING! It's definitely a head turner and I couldn't be happier! I will still be updating this thread as I still have tons of interior and exterior mods that I want to do! I will also go through my invoices update the pricing and part numbers to show you guys how much I am in the car. Stay Tuned!
abez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 05:21 PM   #76
Johnwon

Drives: 2016 Mosaic Black 2SS, NPP, A8.
It looks great, congrats on your build!
Johnwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 07:19 PM   #77
lugs

Drives: 2016 camaro 1ss 6sp
A beautiful car now! It looks like you went and bought a new zl1 off the showroom floor! Job well done.
lugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 07:24 PM   #78
SPARTAN sui
PC Technician

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Wow, too cool! Car looks fantastic!
Old 10-10-2017, 08:31 PM   #79
Expoh

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
That is awesome!
Expoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 10:56 PM   #80
SK GT

Drives: 18 Colorado ZR2, 17 1LE(sold)
That is badass
SK GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 09:26 PM   #81
BigSky

Drives: 2018 Summit White 1SS 1LE
Congrats!!!
BigSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 10:27 PM   #82
mekirk2

Drives: 2016 2SS Ragtop Garnet Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1Greg View Post
I'm wondering if any insurance companies will insure a salvage vehicle. Good luck!
Yes they will - drove a rebuilt F150 for years, my dad has it now and is still driving it. Had it insured the entire time I had it (full coverage).

Key to salvage titles is lots of pictures before the repairs so you know what you are buying.

Congrats to the OP on a great build!
mekirk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 05:29 AM   #83
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Congrats on your build I will be doing the ZL1 appearance conversion on my 17 SS vert next year and like you all OEM parts like I did on my 5th Gen.
Old 10-12-2017, 07:30 AM   #84
ThatRedFirebird

Drives: 2002 Pontiac T/Am, 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Hey Guys I know that I've been lagging it with the updates but I had a couple of obstacles that had to figure out with the car. I was patiently waiting for this build to be finished as well & believe me when I say It was a Looooooooooooooooooong 3 months but the time has finally arrived and here is the beauty! Let me know your thoughts!

*I put on stock OEM ZL1 Wheels due the stock SS wheels not making the car look cherry enough; I have ordered ZL1 1LE wheels but due to heavy demand for those wheels I'm currently on a wait list :/*

Thanks guys for joining me on this journey; the car is AMAZING! It's definitely a head turner and I couldn't be happier! I will still be updating this thread as I still have tons of interior and exterior mods that I want to do! I will also go through my invoices update the pricing and part numbers to show you guys how much I am in the car. Stay Tuned!
Hey man, so glad to see your car is finally finished - it would be awesome if we could get both of our cars together haha.

Let me know how you get the badge off the grille! I ended up just covering mine with electrical tape in the short term (it's actually a perfect color match lol).

Final question, did you go with the OEM hood/scoop? I only ask because that set of parts is just outrageously expensive ($2500 shipped after discounts)

... the car looks freaking fantastic.
ThatRedFirebird is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1ss, camaro build, conversion, mods, zl1