Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 09-03-2020, 02:32 AM   #43
PeteSS2018

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by STALKER_174 View Post
Being in Aus my 2018 SS gets a lot of attention. There are only 500 2018s here, and probably a few more 2019s, compared to the Mustang which are everywhere. I always get looks and comments, even from the regular population just trying to get a look or figure out what it is.
Same here, mine is no. 38 of the first group of factory delivered camaros in Australia. I get everything from young to old, male & female checking it out, and quite a lot of people taking pics. Theyre a very rarely seen car in Australia.
Attached Images

PeteSS2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 05:54 AM   #44
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
All the time... Hyper Blue Metallic... I've had people come up to me just to ask me about the color when I'm just sitting in the car waiting for the wife to get out of a store. Gas stations, stop signs/lights.. .thumbs up cruising down the highway. All kinds of attention. I'll be honest... I really enjoy it.... Like others have said too, people wanting to race, which I won't do on streets.
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 06:37 AM   #45
pauly1119

Drives: 2018 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subperfect View Post
Joke? Not at all, just a simple observation. I'll help you out since you are obviously confused. If you look underneath a user's name they sometimes list cars they drive the particular user I made said "joke" about has 2018 XLE corvette. No such car... Does he mean ZL1 1LE? Who knows since that model only exists in the Camaro...could he mean corvette Z06 I can see the "shorthand" in this case if so cool. There are many non camaro owners in this forum.. again who knows? All I know is that car listed under user's name doesn't exist. I hope this helps you but then again it could all be a joke to you... In that case do you boo boo.

Don't consider myself a genius but I can make a simple observation.. Thanks tho.
Nothing in my Bio or post said XLE. It read 2018 ZLE. My Bio was maxed out and I was not able to add anymore information so its just abbreviated. I fixed it for you now so that you can understand a little better, I abbreviated the word Corvette to Vette so that I can add commas for you in my Bio. I have a ZL1 1LE and a Corvette just to clear it up.

Last edited by pauly1119; 09-05-2020 at 09:03 AM.
pauly1119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 06:41 AM   #46
pauly1119

Drives: 2018 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS Capt View Post
I get a good amount of looks and the few that "wanna go..." I think I've customized mine enough it definitely stands out but isn't "in your face" (which is EXACTLY what I was going for), but people look at it and know it is "different" than what they've seen before...

That car looks amazing! Great color.
pauly1119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 07:27 AM   #47
CamaroChriSS

Drives: 16 1SS M6 Black -previous 00 Z28 M6
The car scene here is too strong for people to notice. You're just as likely to see a Lambo or Ferrari as a Camaro in the parking lot so only Camaro people tend to notice. On the plus side, Cars and Coffee is incredible.
CamaroChriSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 07:27 AM   #48
Realist

Drives: No Camaro :(
Lots of thumbs up seen on the road. Driving home from work last week where the highway crosses into Mexico, I gave a little sauce to this maroon Mustang GT. We were both giving the thumbs up as we parted ways crossing back into IL. Just goes to show ya that Camaro and Mustang folk can get along.
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 11:27 AM   #49
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
When I was on my road trip back to BC, I was getting a bit of attention. As others said, it's mostly positive, with some compliments at the gas stations. Some are pretty pleased it's a stick shift. I have even seen two people trying to take pics of my car, LOL.

In Vancouver, it kinda gets overshadowed by all the BMW and MB appearance-wise, but when the exhaust crackles, there are definitely some stares.

Now let's just hope the cops don't pay that much attention to the car - for a different reason, of course.

Sent from toaster or something

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 01:13 PM   #50
Yellow Beast
TD

Drives: 2017 2SS, 2014 Mercedes C300
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
All the time... Hyper Blue Metallic... I've had people come up to me just to ask me about the color when I'm just sitting in the car waiting for the wife to get out of a store. Gas stations, stop signs/lights.. .thumbs up cruising down the highway. All kinds of attention. I'll be honest... I really enjoy it.... Like others have said too, people wanting to race, which I won't do on streets.
Why arent you in the store with the wife? lol
Yellow Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 01:57 PM   #51
Dagstar

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Once or twice a week someone will say nice car, usually a middle aged man but some younger and women here and there. When I'm at the gym I'm always catching people looking at it as they walk in or out. I always park near the entrance since the spaces are really wide.
Attached Images

Old 09-03-2020, 02:17 PM   #52
emme10

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS (EU) NGM
I live in the far north of Italy. There are none other Camaros as far as I know within hundrets of miles. So it gets a lot of positive attention, thumbs up tons of pictures get taken and honestly a lot more girls than I´ve ever thought turn their heads to look at the Camaro. But the coolest reactions are those from the young kids that almost collapse when seeing "the car from Transformers".

Around here the people normally drive heavily tuned Golf GTI or Audi A3 and these guys always think they need to race me. I smile at them and let them drive of in their cars with its farting and aweful sound. Its more fun to let them think how cool they are while I cruise comfortably with the V8 sound and get the full attention.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/attac...1&d=1599160527
Attached Images

emme10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 02:23 PM   #53
Nothing like an SS
Faster!!!

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by emme10 View Post
I live in the far north of Italy. There are none other Camaros as far as I know within hundrets of miles. So it gets a lot of positive attention, thumbs up tons of pictures get taken and honestly a lot more girls than I´ve ever thought turn their heads to look at the Camaro. But the coolest reactions are those from the young kids that almost collapse when seeing "the car from Transformers".

Around here the people normally drive heavily tuned Golf GTI or Audi A3 and these guys always think they need to race me. I smile at them and let them drive of in their cars with its farting and aweful sound. Its more fun to let them think how cool they are while I cruise comfortably with the V8 sound and get the full attention.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/attac...1&d=1599160527
That is an amazing picture!!!! Nice! See, you are getting attention again!
Nothing like an SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 02:32 PM   #54
emme10

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS (EU) NGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing like an SS View Post
That is an amazing picture!!!! Nice! See, you are getting attention again!
Thanks a lot !!
emme10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 03:55 PM   #55
DC5

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
My car doesn't garner attention very often because I rarely drive it (I've owned it for over one year and it has 1,200 miles). However, when I do drive it, many people take notice of its Red Hot color. The 1LE package contributes to its visual appeal, too.
DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 05:05 PM   #56
Modernmusclecar

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
angry that i have a a newer/faster and better handling car than them haha
Oh your that guy eh? How have you find it runs at the track...any numbers yet?
Modernmusclecar is offline   Reply With Quote