#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 01-08-2024, 11:36 AM   #1
Bangkok_ZL1
ZL1 Believer

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1
What to do with the vent?

OK, I have finally started on the install of the FI Interchiller with the removal of both my front and the left side Heat Exchangers. I was going to keep the side in for aesthetics. but I rather save it for a "rainy day" since I'm so remote. And now for the request, what would you do with the space? Since I have removed the functionality of the vent, I was wondering has anybody on the forum reappropriated the space for a different function, like ram air, oil cooler, PA System, train horn, etc. But even if you haven't changed your vents function (yet). if you had made this hole, what would you do with the space, optimally?

You never know.... The power of the internet to bring an awesome idea to life...
Bangkok_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 10:26 PM   #2
Bangkok_ZL1
ZL1 Believer

Wow! Out of 223 Views, nobody had any off the wall, badass ideas that might blow the forum away.... After thinking about this a little. I think I'm going to put in an air horn for special occasions. I might also mount up a nice camera. I considered a super beam light, like an airplane has. God know that could come in handy here with the lack of lighting on these roads. The intercooler's steel frame gives me a great mounting point for a few custom accessories. I'm still open to idea though....
Old 01-10-2024, 08:01 AM   #3
Evansa22

Drives: HBM ZLE
A few have used one side for a direct drop in c&r oil cooler. Has shown up to 50* reduction in oil temps in certain applications like on a road course.
Evansa22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 10:51 AM   #4
The Chief (tm)

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS "Convertibobble"
Oh, you definitely put in the air horn...
'94 ST1100 146K
The Chief (tm) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 11:38 AM   #5
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
check with Sir Nuke for pointers on an air horn. He had one on his 5th gen.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 10:07 PM   #6
Bangkok_ZL1
ZL1 Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chief (tm) View Post
Oh, you definitely put in the air horn...
Chief, I'm following your orders. And best, I think I can mount it with the intercooler frame already installed. Two holes on bottom and top leaves a perfect mounting point for 2 exact mirrored harnesses, one for the horns and 1 for the mini compressor.
Old 01-12-2024, 10:15 AM   #7
Bangkok_ZL1
ZL1 Believer

how lucky.... when I was brainstorming on how to mount this at the hardware store, I came across some castor mounts for wooden chairs that are exactly the same size as the sleeves that fit in these rubber bushings. I just flattened out the points and bought a threaded metal dowel and voila. I got it. Now I'll buy the washers and nuts and make the metal plate that I'll mount the "L" mount to and re-assemble. This will be awesome. Just what I need when a slow-ass tuk tuk pulls in front of me at the light.
Attached Images

Old 01-17-2024, 11:33 AM   #8
Bangkok_ZL1
ZL1 Believer

It looks like it will fit
Attached Images

Old 01-17-2024, 01:15 PM   #9
CalgaryZL1

Drives: 2020 Chevy Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangkok_ZL1 View Post
It looks like it will fit
That’s awesome! Hope it’s loud!

Did you get your LED side markers figured out? Are they working?
CalgaryZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 11:34 PM   #10
Bangkok_ZL1
ZL1 Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryZL1 View Post
That’s awesome! Hope it’s loud!

Did you get your LED side markers figured out? Are they working?
The cars not operation yet. Still trying to figure out placement of and understand the Interchiller. Hope it’s done before February
Attached Images

Old 02-02-2024, 07:00 AM   #11
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangkok_ZL1 View Post
The cars not operation yet. Still trying to figure out placement of and understand the Interchiller. Hope it’s done before February
This car needs a build thread in the member section to follow. Can't believe the mods you're doing where parts and tuning may not be readily available. Kudos...
Old 02-02-2024, 01:37 PM   #12
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
This car needs a build thread in the member section to follow. Can't believe the mods you're doing where parts and tuning may not be readily available. Kudos...
+500000
Old 02-03-2024, 01:07 AM   #13
Bangkok_ZL1
ZL1 Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
It would be good except I suck at documenting what I do. And if I did document it, many on here would probably laugh at some of my amateurish moves and ideas.
I'm not sure which story is better....
Installing Ted Jennetty's 125RWHP kit (minus LTHs), Pacesetter Headers From Australia that I had to pay an extra $1500 USD to get them through customs just because the broker can. The Debacle but necessity of BMR Motor Mounts to free up loads of room for all the mods; but the fact I needed to (dimple?) crush 15% of Cylinder #1's Primary cause the motor mount interfered (And it's still a little close). Then There my attempt to keep the car legal by moving back slightly the secondary cats. My attempt to install an FI Interchiller cooling system. Then finding out there is no R-1234YF in Thailand at all and I can't even import it. Who would have thought that... You hear the refrigerant advertised as the global standard, and that's just not true. I also bought the 5mm supercharger spacers from FI. So I'm not sure the serpentine belt will work. I'm also thinking about buying a metal Thermostat housing. So now I have a new challenge. Attempt to change over to R-134a. I have no idea how this will work in a 2019 Camaro's system. But I'm going to find out. I just bought the evacuator, adapters, and manifold yesterday.

Or

the fact I bought Ted's kit 3 years ago and FI Interchiller's kit 2 years ago, .... and after a year of being locked down in India by COVID. Then another year after being deported when COVID messed up my immigration paperwork, and then another year, trying to get our life and business back together. It's been so long (almost 6 months), I'll probably have to drop the gas tank to pull the bad fuel cause I never thought it was going to be like this,

And I'm not done... I just want to the car in a startable state now so I can, set the JMS booster, download the beginning tune. and start the car. I'm gonna foil the bonnet insert, pull the fenders (cause Australia messed them up a bit), etc.etc,etc.

Enjoying the build experience..... sometimes
Old 02-03-2024, 01:13 AM   #14
Bangkok_ZL1
ZL1 Believer

The final result. screen to keep debris out and extra clamps to hold the funnels in place at higher speeds. The last thing I need is the wind to rip out the funnel and send it into the front brake assembly. I will be keeping an eye on this. Even debris from the road hitting the funnel could send into the braking system.
Attached Images