Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 07-05-2021, 02:24 AM   #1
Rocker SS

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Hyper Blue A10
Camaro Sales fall.. wonder why.. How about 750HP

They wonder why the sales dropped, how about upping the HP like Dodge and Ford.. Like 750 with the blower out of the ZR1.. not a big deal but huge when talking about street cred.. we already beat the Hell Cat so why not destroy them in ads on tv as well.. makes no sense to me. My brother and i both had ZL1s and would not upgrade to the new ones (hence the drop in sales) because they did not up the HP.. Stupid.
Rocker SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 04:22 AM   #2
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Jesus EFFING Christ, how many times is someone gonna make this same exact post and make the same exact statements? Camaro sales. More HP. Advertise. Ok, we get it. There doesn't need to be 3 of the same posts in every sub-forum on here every day man. Just go to one of the 20 million other posts with the same title and talk about it there. Camaro sales always suck. Nothing new. We obviously don't need 750 HP because along with that comes a whole bunch of other things like added costs, higher prices, on top of more government restrictions. GM has never advertised the Camaro well and they don't appear to be about to start doing it now. It doesn't matter because what they do sell obviously is enough to justify the continued production of the car. We don't need to talk about this all day every day and repeat the same thing over and over and over and over again. Give it a rest already.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 06:29 AM   #3
PROMETHEUS

Drives: 2019 ZL-1, Shadow Gray, Sold
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Jesus EFFING Christ, how many times is someone gonna make this same exact post and make the same exact statements? Camaro sales. More HP. Advertise. Ok, we get it. There doesn't need to be 3 of the same posts in every sub-forum on here every day man. Just go to one of the 20 million other posts with the same title and talk about it there. Camaro sales always suck. Nothing new. We obviously don't need 750 HP because along with that comes a whole bunch of other things like added costs, higher prices, on top of more government restrictions. GM has never advertised the Camaro well and they don't appear to be about to start doing it now. It doesn't matter because what they do sell obviously is enough to justify the continued production of the car. We don't need to talk about this all day every day and repeat the same thing over and over and over and over again. Give it a rest already.
+1
PROMETHEUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 06:35 AM   #4
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
The ZL1 makes up a small portion of Camaro sales as a whole. The ZL1 sells just fine, the problem is the other models. That being said, marketing sells vehicles and GM doesn't do any marketing. When is the last time you saw any commercials for the Camaro, on TV, social media, viral? None. This is why Dodge uses the Hellcat platform so successfully, marketing done right and it trickles down to their lower models too.
Z OH 6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 08:33 AM   #5
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z OH 6 View Post
The ZL1 makes up a small portion of Camaro sales as a whole. The ZL1 sells just fine, the problem is the other models. That being said, marketing sells vehicles and GM doesn't do any marketing. When is the last time you saw any commercials for the Camaro, on TV, social media, viral? None. This is why Dodge uses the Hellcat platform so successfully, marketing done right and it trickles down to their lower models too.
Agreed 100%
Old 07-05-2021, 09:42 AM   #6
Vigilante375

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Only thing GM needs to do is to make the interior better. Get rid of the plastic and make it feel like a nice car. I enjoy my car but hate the cheap plastic everywhere. My 19 Silverado has it too but not as much and has soft leather in just the right spots.

Anyways, not to beat a dead horse, GM has never advertised any of their sports cars that good. So why would they now? The Camaro will stay as it is because it is a good driving car and has enough power to get it done...... on the track.
Vigilante375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 10:10 AM   #7
Z OH 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilante375 View Post
Only thing GM needs to do is to make the interior better. Get rid of the plastic and make it feel like a nice car. I enjoy my car but hate the cheap plastic everywhere. My 19 Silverado has it too but not as much and has soft leather in just the right spots.

Anyways, not to beat a dead horse, GM has never advertised any of their sports cars that good. So why would they now? The Camaro will stay as it is because it is a good driving car and has enough power to get it done...... on the track.
Why would they now? Good question because they don't know how to sell anything other than trucks. This is why the Camaro died once and may again soon.
Old 07-05-2021, 10:15 AM   #8
sandm

Drives: no more camaro :(
maybe I don't watch enough tv but everyone says that part of the reason the camaro sales are in the toilet are a lack of advertising. I see dodge commercials all the time with challenger/charger in them but can't remember the last time I saw a mustang commercial other than the mach e. maybe I don't watch the right channels but I'm the ideal captive audience considering our age/income/place in life and dodge is the only one that has managed to put images in my brain from tv $$....
sandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 11:15 AM   #9
Vigilante375

Quote:
Why would they now? Good question because they don't know how to sell anything other than trucks. This is why the Camaro died once and may again soon.
They didn't do it for the GTO, the G8, the SS. I vaguely remember some Trans AM or Camaro commercials before 2002.
Old 07-05-2021, 11:29 AM   #10
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 11:50 AM   #11
XXX ZL1

Drives: 2023 ZL1 M6
More power wouldn’t move any more ZL1’s honestly. The area the Camaro has died is the V6 and lower end cars that parents bought for their young kids. Chevrolet designing a car that you can’t see shit out of killed that segment from a safety standpoint with new drivers. The people that are buying ZL1’s are purist that don’t care if it’s short comings.
High PSI Billet Valve Covers, Mighty Mouse Wild CC

Signature Forged 20x10.5/20x11.5, 295/30-315/30,
BMR springs, BMR Cradle lockout, AAD Billet
Control/Trailing arms

2023 Vivid Orange ZL1 M6 - sold
2019 Riverside Blue ZL1 A10 - sold
XXX ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 12:02 PM   #12
Z OH 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilante375 View Post
They didn't do it for the GTO, the G8, the SS. I vaguely remember some Trans AM or Camaro commercials before 2002.
And what happened to each of those vehicles? All gone. Starting to see a trend here?
Old 07-05-2021, 12:15 PM   #13
Vigilante375

Quote:
And what happened to each of those vehicles? All gone. Starting to see a trend here?
Yet the Mustang has stayed around since 1964 and I don't ever recall seeing a Mustang commercial..... other than the electric SUV called Mustang.
Old 07-05-2021, 12:40 PM   #14
Markoz28

Drives: 18 ZL1 nightfall grey A10
I say let it go. I’ve been loyal to a point but honestly the best bang for buck especially if
You are modding is a Mustang GT. Bolt ons and super charger and you run 9s. Still a Mustang but that doesn’t matter to most.
Markoz28 is offline   Reply With Quote