Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-17-2018, 05:23 PM   #43
avalonandl

Drives: 2019 ZL-1
Mine sits for 2 weeks or more in the winter when I go to Florida. One time it has a slow crank. If I am going fr a real long time I put tender on it.

Many of these batterys that test ok are not. Also OP had LED w/ resistors which may be an open circuit.

2012 Yukon XL Denali w/ 6.2 AWD
avalonandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 09:47 PM   #44
xxalexmxx8926
That Drummer Boy

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS (Red Hot)
Send a message via AIM to xxalexmxx8926
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanMike View Post
Just got back from 90+ minutes at the dealer. Battery checks out under load. Doesn't seem to be an excessive draw. I wish I measured the draw with the LED's in place. So now the car sits and we'll see in a week.
we're you able to get this resolved? I'm in the same situation currently, tempted to go buy stock bulbs and replace my LEDs as I'm constantly battling dead batteries.

Last edited by xxalexmxx8926; 10-27-2018 at 07:31 AM.
xxalexmxx8926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 12:11 AM   #45
nicktechla

Drives: 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S
My dad says the same thing :P
-- Past --
2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe - Red Hot - A10, PDR - HRE P101
2015 Mustang GT PP - Whipple Supercharger
nicktechla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 05:52 PM   #46
Jamesgn

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Had dead battery problems after I replaced the tail lights with the HERO ones. Took them out no problem for 2 weeks.

Jamesgn
Jamesgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 06:17 PM   #47
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
had a bad resistor for my led backup lights...ordered new set and replaced them and a week later my battery was dead lol 2016 camaro ss with 25k miles

took it to dealer over the weekend and they replaced it for free so **** it lol
Old 12-25-2018, 09:25 PM   #48
Adrian97c

Drives: Wife's 14' IS 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by keon718nyc View Post
I think it just may be this for some, i had the resistors on my back up bulbs and to be honest i think i can now blame that as both times my battery went dead they were hooked up and there was no bleeding leds either, i didn't think it was that at first and still might not be the issue but after i put the stock ones back i had no more dead battery problems... Give it a try and remove the resistors/led's and see from that point if the battery goes dead again. I hate to even blame this as the mod was passed onto me and even had a thread on how to DIY reverse leds. Maybe should have went the harness and not the cheap route with the resistors, Kicking myself in the ass here.
I’m having some electrical/battery issues lately... I been using the resistors you sent me as well. I don’t know what I did with the stock bulbs, what size/kind of bulbs are they again?

I didn’t want to have to yank out the tails for the harness mod. I still don’t.
Built on • 3/22/16
Adopted • 4/07/16

Sold on 2/05/16:
2014 Camaro SW L99, 2SS, RS, NAV, Inferno Orange Interior:
-Borla ATAK catback
-Range AFM delete
-15% tint all around
-Red LED interior bulbs
-55k white Cree LED fogs
-License plate LED bulb swap
-12" Sub Kit, BA amp swap
-Oracle ghosted LED sidemarkers
Adrian97c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 06:29 PM   #49
Roadrider

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Had a dead battery in my 16 SS after sitting in the garage for just one week. Got the car jumped and drove straight to the dealer. On the way the display was acting weird. The mechanic said the display will do that in a low voltage condition. The dealer Checked the battery and said it strangely did not meet GM parameters for free replacement under the warranty. He charged it and I drove home. All was good until the following week after sitting for 7 days again. Dead as a door nail. Jumped again and drove back to the dealer. Mechanic said it’s a bad battery and he would make sure it did not pass the test again. He replaced the battery under the warranty and glad to say it solved my issue. Have not had the problem in 2 years now. I think some of the batteries may be defective. All the electronics don’t help longevity either.
Roadrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 09:10 AM   #50
Chris C 1SS 1LE

Drives: 2017 1LE
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadrider View Post
Had a dead battery in my 16 SS after sitting in the garage for just one week. Got the car jumped and drove straight to the dealer. On the way the display was acting weird. The mechanic said the display will do that in a low voltage condition. The dealer Checked the battery and said it strangely did not meet GM parameters for free replacement under the warranty. He charged it and I drove home. All was good until the following week after sitting for 7 days again. Dead as a door nail. Jumped again and drove back to the dealer. Mechanic said it’s a bad battery and he would make sure it did not pass the test again. He replaced the battery under the warranty and glad to say it solved my issue. Have not had the problem in 2 years now. I think some of the batteries may be defective. All the electronics don’t help longevity either.
Pretty good customer service. I've not had this battery problem though due to cold and rain I've not now drivenitfora week and probably won't for at least another.

I've got GM dark tails, third with the DIY5 flashy flashy relay, JWM side markers. No other electronic changes from OEM unless you count !CAGS.
Old 02-27-2020, 02:21 PM   #51
J_mo30

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS (Dory)
I've been having dead battery issues. Parasitic draw is pretty bad. .187 - .278 amps with everything off.

Hooked up multimeter and pulled fuses nothing. Buddy of mine that's a tech at Toyota suggested pull all the fuses and insert one at a time back. Finally found the problem.

Rear fuse box F23 BCM 1 and front fuse box F26 BCM 2 cause it to spikes to .187 from .011 problem finding is both fuses cause it to jump so pulling one at a time didn't allow it to drop. Have to have both fuses out at the same time.

Next step have to figure out what's up with the BCM
J_mo30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 11:22 AM   #52
Soleil

Drives: Camaro 50th anniversary edition
Did you try to disconnect the battery for about 30min+? After that connect again and see if the drain is still there. Sometimes it helps to unplug the entire energy for a longer period to do a full reset of the electronic components.
Or maybe you have a faulty harness.
Soleil is offline   Reply With Quote