Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

View Poll Results: What do You think this car really is for the 2016 model year?
A Festival Car 3 8.57%
A Parade Car 19 54.29%
A Pace Car 7 20.00%
A Festival/Pace Car 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-04-2016, 05:56 PM   #29
BrianL

Drives: 2016 2SS, Red Hot, NPP, Nav, M6
Beautiful car OP & a great story. Don't see that many Gen6 Camaro's out here in Oregon, especially convertibles.
BrianL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 06:02 PM   #30
Indy48
16 2SS INDY Festival 48

Drives: 16 Camaro Indy Festival Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyD View Post
wow! is all I can say!cool car-great pics,!Thanks for posting.
Hey Freddy! Thank you very very much for your kind words. It means an awful lot to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to contact me! Here's a couple of pictures that's going to be in the upcoming YouTube video I'm making called "The Drive of A Lifetime" it's going to show purchasing of this car and driving the 3000 miles home. My first stop in the car after purchasing it was Wrigley Field, Chicago. The top picture is taken from the banks of the Colorado river in western Colorado. Hope you enjoy!

Larry
Attached Images

Indy48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 06:35 PM   #31
Indy48
16 2SS INDY Festival 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL View Post
Beautiful car OP & a great story. Don't see that many Gen6 Camaro's out here in Oregon, especially convertibles.
From a fellow Oregonian to another, thank you so much Brian! It was a great drive from the Midwest to the Pacific Northwest except for the thunderstorms where I had to duck for cover a few times.

Here are a couple of more pictures from the upcoming YouTube video I'm making called "The Drive of A Lifetime" The first one is sunset at the Bonneville Salt Flats. The second one is a picture of the car when we made a stop in Dodge City Kansas.p I really wanted to see some of the wild West history on the way home. Sorry about the previous photo of arriving in Oregon. I don't know how the world got turned upside down LOL
Attached Images

Old 10-04-2016, 07:16 PM   #32
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

Drives: car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy48 View Post
Thank you very very much for the wonderful pictures and stories! I really enjoyed that very much from someone that was there. It's always nice to hear from someone that was there because you learn so much more. I can tell you as an owner of one of these 54 cars, the decals are bubbling up at least they have on my car. And Chevrolet has not produced any more of them yet. (YIKES)
Funny, on the factory window sticker right under the "SPECIAL INDY 500 FESTIVAL PKG." they list "INDY 500 DECALS" even though they weren't even on the car yet!

GM/Chevrolet does not make the graphics. A company called GRAPHIK CONCEPTS in Michigan produces them and sends a team down to install them (unless the factory makes pace car replicas like in 2010 and 2011, the factory installed the Indy 500 graphics). They do have extras and will sell them to people who own parade/festival/pace cars, until they're gone. You have to provide the VIN and proof of ownership (They have the VINs of every car they've done).

DUHHHH you have #48, it was #45 here Sunday, brain farted your number instead.

BTW, if you're wondering what that "PASS" sticker is in the lower driver's corner of the windshield, it's a pass to a local car wash company for unlimited washes during the month or two the cars are here. They want everyone to keep them clean and looking good while they're "showcased" around town.

Last edited by MLL67RSSS; 10-04-2016 at 07:30 PM.
MLL67RSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 07:55 PM   #33
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

Looked through my pictures and what do you know, had my buddy take a picture of me next to the car on the end of the row, IT'S YOUR CAR!!!
Attached Images

Old 10-04-2016, 08:02 PM   #34
oneredry
HYPER SS

Drives: 2016 Supercharged 2SS
not sure if it was already mentioned. but the first thing I would do is remove all the dealer advertisement. They don't' pay you for it.
3400 status 03/07/16 TPW of 03/14/16
4200 status 03/17/16 in transit!
Delivered 03/23/16
2SS Hyper Blue | 6M | NPP | Mag ride | ceramic white Int. | Black out bow ties | P3 Gauge| Front splitter. | 6 pot upgraded brembo brakes. | Magnuson Supercharger/95MM pulley | Rotofab Intake | ZL1 side skirts | HRE FF04 wheels - Michelin PSS4 | ZL1 add ons rock guards and lift points.
| AWE touring - resinated catback with link pipes.
oneredry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 08:13 PM   #35
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

One more, crappy picture, but the last row is #48, #49 and #50
Attached Images

Old 10-05-2016, 12:33 AM   #36
Indy48
16 2SS INDY Festival 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneredry View Post
not sure if it was already mentioned. but the first thing I would do is remove all the dealer advertisement. They don't' pay you for it.
Hey there!

Thank you so much for your reply! Sounds like you've got a pretty nice car there! Good color choice He he he... actually, I'm perfectly fine with the dealer information on the car. Living this far away from Indiana it actually looks better to have that information on the car then not to. being in the car appraisal business for 22 years and being a restoration and collector I have found that information like that 20–30 years from now actually can increase the value of the car... especially to a regional buyer. However this cars not gonna go anywhere, at least in my lifetime. It will remain covered in the garage until spring and be driven maybe 1000 mi or so each year
Old 10-05-2016, 12:54 AM   #37
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
Congrats awesome car couldn't have found a better home.
Old 10-05-2016, 01:21 AM   #38
Indy48
16 2SS INDY Festival 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLL67RSSS View Post
Funny, on the factory window sticker right under the "SPECIAL INDY 500 FESTIVAL PKG." they list "INDY 500 DECALS" even though they weren't even on the car yet!

GM/Chevrolet does not make the graphics. A company called GRAPHIK CONCEPTS in Michigan produces them and sends a team down to install them (unless the factory makes pace car replicas like in 2010 and 2011, the factory installed the Indy 500 graphics). They do have extras and will sell them to people who own parade/festival/pace cars, until they're gone. You have to provide the VIN and proof of ownership (They have the VINs of every car they've done).

DUHHHH you have #48, it was #45 here Sunday, brain farted your number instead.

BTW, if you're wondering what that "PASS" sticker is in the lower driver's corner of the windshield, it's a pass to a local car wash company for unlimited washes during the month or two the cars are here. They want everyone to keep them clean and looking good while they're "showcased" around town.
I was wondering there for a second if my eyes were worse than they are… LOL! So I started going is farther down the line as I could to see what number they were. GM has always shopped out their decals. At least as far back as the 1970s. 3M made the vast majority the of General Motors decals for decades. Thank you so much and I mean SO MUCH for the information on where I can find the door decal! I desperately need it replaced.

Thanks, I was told something different about the "Gate Pass" sticker on the window. I'm grateful my car still has that sticker as well as the parking lot sticker as well. It's amazing to see so many dealers have peeled them off. One of the coolest parts when purchasing this car was going back through the navigation system and finding out what entries were in it from its time in Indianapolis. The first entry was a house that was listed with eight bedrooms and six bathrooms! Truly a modern mansion!

I think what I really like about my car the most is that I know it was there. Not only was it there but it was on the track and not only on the track but in the parade. That's a lot more than most "pace cars" in history have. It's also nice to have the build sheet say it's a pace car. It's the closest thing in 2016 to getting a retail "IndyCar" an average person can buy.

They are built in such small numbers… Sure to be a very highly prized collectible soon, especially with the new generation change and the incredible upgrades the car has now. I'll tell you something else is different about this car… The build sheet call the color "blew me away met" however the window sticker an invoice show "hyper blue." Possibly a pre-production issue. I find it odd though, because the Kubes are being produced all the way back in October 2015. I can tell you I've poured my car side-by-side to a "hyper blue" car and it does look more metallic and a slightly brighter color. I've painted and repaired many cars, so I have a pretty keen eye for color. But I'll just chalk that up to it being preproduction and possibly something internally going on within GM at the time.

It's by far the best Camaro ever built. The only car Ive had that's remotely close to how fast this car is was my 69 Z/28 on 110 octane. But this car would kill that old Z in the corners, braking and comfort (hey with mechanical lifters they did'nt even come with A/C on them because GM found the A/C belt was flying off the pulley at high revs the 302 naturally could do. But by the grace of God this car will always be in my possession until I will it to someone else in my family who will keep it as well.

I will have to call my local Chevrolet dealership after I get a hold of the company that makes the graphic for the door. I would like to get an extra set of them as well. As for the flying tire logo, that's a Chevy part because it was put on the 14' Camaro Pace Cars as well as the 15' Vette PC. That door logo however is a completely separate part.

If you don't mind me asking, what exactly do you do? I've been in the automobile appraisal business for 22 years and have restored F bodies since 1979.

I threw away our conversation. Thank you so much for sharing what you have with me. Here are a couple of photos that will be in the YouTube video I'm making on getting this miracle of a car, and driving it all the way home… The first one is a sticker you'll remember well, the second one is finally reaching California on my way home from Indiana.

Larry
Attached Images

Old 10-05-2016, 01:24 AM   #39
Indy48
16 2SS INDY Festival 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrs2lt View Post
Congrats awesome car couldn't have found a better home.
Oh my gosh! That was very kind. Thank you so much for that! And by the way I love your picture… You've got a whole stable of Camaros dating all the way back to the Van Nuys factory days!!! Very impressive!
Old 10-05-2016, 06:06 AM   #40
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

Don't work for the Speedway, however if you know the right people and are willing to work for free they'll let you in on the fun.

This is the car wash pass I was referring too, For a local car wash company crewcarwash.com, and below that 2015 #42 freshly washed!
Attached Images

Last edited by MLL67RSSS; 11-25-2016 at 04:26 AM.
Old 10-05-2016, 07:11 AM   #41
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

A little explanation on options codes. They've always been grouped by letter; i.e. "A" for interior options, "D" for exterior options, "F" for suspension, "G" drivetrain, "L" for engines etc. and if there was a RPO option that concerned things for various groups engine/drivetrain/exterior striping it would get a "Z" code, the most well know is Z/28 of course. (Z22 was the Rally Sport option, Z27 was the "SS" option etc.)

So back in '02 Chevrolet wanted to have silver SS Camaro convertibles for the Brickyard 400 however they also wanted them to have the special black painted wheels that only came on the 35th Anniversary editions. So they created option code/SPID "Z7D" to accomplish this on the assembly line. Every '02 Brickyard 400 SS Camaro has that code on the SPID.

When the Camaro was to return for 2010 MY there were 25 silver 2SS pre-production cars delivered however they had no special code, just early production cars with almost every one unique low VIN.

In 2010 they decided to again factory build Pace Car Replicas like in '69 so they created option/SPID code "Z4Z".

In 2011 they again factory produced pace car replicas and they again used the "Z4Z" code.

However some years they aren't unique. In 2012 they were just white 1SS convertibles. The blue "LeMans" stripes and all other decals were done here. They have no "Z4Z' or any other special code.

So since they started this tradition whenever a new Camaro has some unique grouping of various option that they want to build a batch of for Indy they pull out the good ole' "Z4Z" code. Last year it was partly because a Summit white Commemorative would normally have silver, not the black, striping.

Since it originated in 2010 for Pace Car Replicas you will see it listed as a "pace car" code, but any new Camaro built to be used at Indy that has unique option grouping, be it a "Pace Car Replica" or a "Parade/Festival car" they use that code.

Since the pace car was a white 2017 coupe you certainly can't say the Hyper Blue convertible parade cars are "Pace Car Replicas."
Old 10-05-2016, 04:59 PM   #42
freddyD

Drives: 2020 rally green rs
More cool pics!Loved the sunset over the hood!cool story! can,t wait for the vid!
freddyD is offline   Reply With Quote