Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-10-2018, 06:26 AM   #1
Chris C 1SS 1LE

Drives: 2017 1LE
Oil Change #2 Good Service

7,455 miles. Oil still had brownish color to it Oil Nanny was at 17%. About 4200 on oil. Sending sample to Blackstone and doing the added analysis for additives. I'm calling BS on the oil Nanny though routinely used Blackstone through years will reply here with the data sheet. Years of analysis tells me oil is typically good to 7,500.

Dealer had the Dexos 2 0//40 and no issues with the change. They put it on alignment rack and toe was just a tick out. Wayne did alignment. He also looked at end links. Knew of the issue said mine were fine.

They were aware of the GM data sheet on oil and used in corvettes but mine was first camaro. Again, no issue at all.

No charge.

Lots of positive feedback on the exhaust sound. Several people came out as I rolled into the service tunnel

Lastly, $280 to install new and dealer provided yellow door insert pieces -- where the silver pieces are. Looked at install guide to DIY but I break shit. Thoughts?

Asked about the 0//40 oil cap but they couldn't locate one in stock.

Watson Chevrolet in Tucson.
Old 11-10-2018, 09:20 PM   #2
BigShow1960
BigShow

Drives: 2017 1 Camaro + Chevy Avalanche
I'm trying hard to give Watson a chance, but they are either good or have to make up for mistakes. They didn't torque down the camber bolts on the front RHS, I burned up the right front tire over the course of one track weekend. They made a solid effort to make up for it.

The next time I went to them for a trak alignment they gave me the 1SS alignment not the 1LE track alignment. Fortunately I had enough time before track day and left the car there for another night so they could give me the correct track alignment.

They also sent me to another non-GM shop to get a 0W40 oil change because they couldn't do it.

Curious to hear long term what your experience is.
BigShow1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 07:44 AM   #3
Chris C 1SS 1LE

Drives: 2017 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigShow1960 View Post
I'm trying hard to give Watson a chance, but they are either good or have to make up for mistakes. They didn't torque down the camber bolts on the front RHS, I burned up the right front tire over the course of one track weekend. They made a solid effort to make up for it.

The next time I went to them for a trak alignment they gave me the 1SS alignment not the 1LE track alignment. Fortunately I had enough time before track day and left the car there for another night so they could give me the correct track alignment.

They also sent me to another non-GM shop to get a 0W40 oil change because they couldn't do it.

Curious to hear long term what your experience is.
Thanks for sharing. You have any experience with "the other dealer"? Certainly much closer to me.
Old 11-12-2018, 08:25 PM   #4
BigShow1960
BigShow

Drives: 2017 1 Camaro + Chevy Avalanche
No experience with the other dealer, I've only been in Tucson for about 18 months.
BigShow1960 is offline   Reply With Quote