#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-25-2018, 02:40 PM   #855
jpdaugherty

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by full*throttle*therapy View Post
Yes, of course not sure what I was thinking.
Haha yep everything was off! Do like thr race mode tho. Can't wait to rip around there on RS4s! Hope to see you at CMP!

Last edited by jpdaugherty; 10-25-2018 at 03:35 PM.
jpdaugherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 04:23 PM   #856
FollowMyLine
Driver for Hire

Drives: 22 Camaro 2SS 1LE M6

Some decent laps at a road America with an off at Canada Corner at the end.
FollowMyLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 12:55 AM   #857
KahunaCanuck

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE

At The Ridge (Shelton, Wa)in September...
Old 11-16-2018, 12:04 PM   #858
baron95
2018 1LE, NASA Instructor

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
At NJMP....
Attached Images

baron95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 12:14 PM   #859
baron95
2018 1LE, NASA Instructor

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
At Watkins Glen in light rain taking people for rides....
Attached Images

baron95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 06:01 PM   #860
Tango1LE

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Barber HPDE with PBOC Nov 17th

Well, I'm trying to figure out the VIRB and it's download from my Track event with PBOC at Barber this past weekend. What a GREAT venue!...
Anyway, my 19 yr old made a quick "test" Video and added music that "Dad" would like. I think he nailed it!

TC
'89 RS 'vert
Tango1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 08:39 AM   #861
JimmyZ

Drives: 2017 1LE
Fast lap at The FIRM

Last edited by JimmyZ; 11-25-2018 at 09:00 AM.
JimmyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 04:08 PM   #862
Rutkowski

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE Hyper Blue
Trackday outtakes 2018

Hey guys! I used the holidays to cut some highlights of my 2018 track season. I started with the outtakes, so: failed overtakes, slides, spins, and an almost crash with a Porsche GT3 (close one) I'll post the "positive" highlights and fastest laps in a few days. I hope it's fun to watch
happy new year! Cheers, Robert
Rutkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 06:52 PM   #863
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutkowski View Post
Hey guys! I used the holidays to cut some highlights of my 2018 track season. I started with the outtakes, so: failed overtakes, slides, spins, and an almost crash with a Porsche GT3 (close one) I'll post the "positive" highlights and fastest laps in a few days. I hope it's fun to watch
happy new year! Cheers, Robert

Awesome!
Old 01-06-2019, 08:43 PM   #864
davef

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE Garnet Red
Cool stuff! That Lambo was getting after it!
davef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 02:53 AM   #865
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Robert, i am glad you've posted the vid albeit i will be critical of it - sorry! I hope you can take it in a positive fashion from an old dog like me

Tons of serious lessons here to ponder, reflect on and fix ASAP. Specifically braking - obviously

But more importantly, traffic management: HOLY MOLY!

I've watched the vid several times in detail and don't wish to dissect each example, but i will say this:

Late passes are perfectly fine if done with correct judgement. But, you seem to set up for late passes half a straight away from a corner and then force them. Even taking inside line way too early. That's a sign of lack of proper judgement aka "red mist"!

Moreover, any late passes involving a chicane type of a corner (not to mention 3 cars involved) are something entirely on a different complexity level (ref that very near miss of a GT3).

Understanding and anticipating what the other cars may, or may NOT do, how much room they may need and where, etc is all part of key awareness and judgement one must possess to execute any late pass. Lest it simply becomes a game of chance and odds will eventually catch up.

Now i will admit that shit happens to all of us from time to time, but it should not happen with this level of regularity in a single season no matter one's level.

I am not trying to be overly dramatic here, just want to ensure that inexperienced folks viewing this vid dont think this is "fun". To this end please note Robert's title for it - it reads: "FAILS". I'd add: "BIG AND SCARY" to the title.

My unsolicited advice:

1) dial it down half a notch until you can trust yourself feeling the car 100% and 100% of the time. If you still don't: dial it back some more until you do.

2) if you go out to "play" NEVER take a passenger, so you can truly focus while you're pushing (vs chatting, etc).
Also, we all have egos and it is extremely hard not to try to impress the other person...yet this is an absolutely wrong thing to do! Wanna give somebody a ride? Tell them up front you'll be going 8/10th. With Sport 1 on. Like GM factory drivers do. They will have bags of fun anyway.
And no horror stories of near misses and possible death - I am completely serious here.

NB One of the most dangerous and horrific rides I've ever experiened (and i have experienced some damn fast pro rides), was in an instructor's car to get familiarized with a new venue. He had tried to impress me, but instead we almost went off several times in 3 laps before i directed him back to the pits. It was a very scary, yet valuable experience for me - of what never to do.

Hope this makes sense to ya. And sorry again for having to be critical. Looking fwd to your other vid

Cheers and play safe!
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 11:49 AM   #866
Rutkowski

[QUOTE=TrackClub;10403400]Robert, i am glad you've posted the vid albeit i will be critical of it - sorry! I hope you can take it in a positive fashion from an old dog like me

Hey Bill! Thanks for your experienced opinion Absolutely, I think there is a lot to learn and there were some critical moments. I agree on most points, like pushing with a passenger on board. They were good friends and asking for it, but that doesn't excuse it. In the end it's up to the driver to control what's happening on track.

Some things I also want to put into perspective though. Or rather give you my perspective Keep in mind, those are pretty much all hickups from well over 20 hours of pushing on track. Itīs my first full year of trackdays and I need to progress by ganing experience, most of the tracks I was driving for the first time last year.

I think if I had never missed a brake point in all this time I would definitely not be pushing hard enough. In moments of going straight in a curve after misjudging the entry speed/line/brake point of another car in traffic, I always felt this is the safest bet and gives me enough room. Rather than trying to make it on the inside and miscalculate that. So it might look stupid, but I felt I could still be in control despite making a mistake.

Now the situation with the RS in the end is definitely a different story! I should have backed out as soon as the RS went in the middle (which was against the rules of the day btw, as you were only allowed to overtake left).
I got carried away because the M2 was not letting me go, even though the group of me and the GT4s heavily gained on him before (about 1 sec per lap). That's also the reason why I went inside so early. I wanted to tell him that I'm coming now and showed him the lights as well.

That's just the why: It should't happen again and I learned from that. Emotions never help, and it was a mistake to stretch it there.
Later he was telling me that he held me up on purpose because I did it to him in one of my cooldown laps earlier in the day. Needless to say that was not on purpose, I would never do that!

So all in all I get your points, but please know that I'm ambitious and want to get better as fast as I can. Sometimes this means making mistakes, and that's exactly what I wanted to show in the video. In hindsight you are right and hopefully next year this vid will be shorter
Old 01-07-2019, 11:59 AM   #867
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Your whole blooper video would be my first hot lap on any track.
Except my one lap would have ended in flat spotted tires, cooked brakes, and probably some cosmetic damage to every body panel.
And my fire suit.
Old 01-07-2019, 12:25 PM   #868
Rutkowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by davef View Post
Cool stuff! That Lambo was getting after it!
Yeah, that car was crazy!!! Even amongst the race cars, he was in a league of his own. I was 5th fastest street car that day, with a few race cars behind me, and this guy was 17!!! seconds faster than my time
Very cool guy too, gotta appreciate that :wink:

(I can’t get rid of that picture bug, haha)
Attached Images