Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 04-26-2017, 01:47 AM   #29
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
were is the m8 bolt hole on the head you are talking about?
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 05:19 AM   #30
JCunningham

how to install a Elite E2
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showth...71#post9753971
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
Old 06-01-2017, 09:18 AM   #31
Elite Engineering

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Nice!
Elite Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 02:23 AM   #32
JCunningham

made some adapters out of delrin. ill dye them black.
Attached Images

Old 08-16-2017, 11:36 AM   #33
gippy87

Drives: 2016 2ss
I'm not understanding how this setup works for a boosted centri setup with the instructions described here. This puts both catch can exits to a position that will see boost. sure there are check valves but that would mean you'd have no evacuation during boost.

I would think one would need to be installed behind the throttle body to provide evacuation during low rpm/idle and then another installed before the supercharger inlet to provide suction during boost.
gippy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 09:04 PM   #34
jasonct

Drives: Camaro SS Nightfall Gray Metallic
Elite Engineering, where does the threaded barb get installed on an LT1? I've seen your video with it getting attached to the large air bridge on the trucks and Corvette but don't see an equivalent on my Camaro.

Thanks!
jasonct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 06:21 PM   #35
MadFrog

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
So here's my installation.
I kept the sound tube, installed it in what seems to be a common place. I then placed the barb in the air bridge.
Maybe I could have put it closer to the TB, hopefully that won't impair the can's performance.

I hope this is close enough to the TB, and that it is an air tight connection - just jamming the elbow in the rubber makes me want to silicone the crap out of it to make sure there's no air leak there.

Small concern with the pic below: the rightmost connection between the rubber hose and the can looks a bit crooked. I hope it doesn't pop off. I yanked on it and it seems solid, but it looks off.

MadFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 03:18 PM   #36
jasonct

Drives: Camaro SS Nightfall Gray Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadFrog View Post
I hope this is close enough to the TB, and that it is an air tight connection - just jamming the elbow in the rubber makes me want to silicone the crap out of it to make sure there's no air leak there.

I'd be worried about the elbow's connection to the large intake elbow. I think I would T it up with the hose coming off of the plastic rectangular box.
jasonct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 04:22 PM   #37
Elite Engineering

Drives: 2010 Camaro
You need the second outlet from the can to be directly in the incoming air stream to generate the suction. It is generated by the Venturi Effect and not intake suction so that won't work. We have thousands and thousands of these in use and no complaints on the fitting coming out. It is never under pressure, only suction, but if there is any doubt, a small amount of black RTV on it will secure it.

Let us know if there are any other questions. Great pictures!

Elite Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 09:55 PM   #38
GooseSS

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubchitts View Post
Update: Got the correct mount and absolutely love it now, the stainless steel line is a nice touch

I just installed mine the same way with some teflon tape on the threads, but my top one is either a little loose or tight but facing the wrong way (towards the driver if I tighten it). Did you run into this?
GooseSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 10:44 AM   #39
GooseSS

I've also realized after installing that the can sits on some fuel lines and places slight pressure on them. I don't think it's a big deal, but it's going to make opening the can for emptying a huge PITA.
Old 08-12-2018, 02:34 PM   #40
bullet3z

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
It has become very obvious to some of us here that the Elite setup is not the one to go with. It is not for the weekend warrior with limited tools and limited mechanical knowledge. What I don't understand is why Elite refuses to make a plug and play kit. At the very least they could make a package that has all the correct parts needed to install their catch can on our cars. Then someone could do a install video.
bullet3z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 02:38 PM   #41
GooseSS

I agree, I should have bought the mishimoto can. Oh well, might need to fab my own bracket

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 08-12-2018, 03:46 PM   #42
parbreak

Drives: 2017 50th Camaro SS
I went with the Mighty Mouse can and no regrets. Everything needed in the package and clear instructions.
50th Anniversary Edition |Borla Atak and 60606 mid pipes| Kooks 1 7/8" | ProCharger Stage II |305/45/17 DRs | Circle D 3500 stall | LT4 fueling | Custom made Lowside Aux Pump | Alky Control Meth | DSX E85
parbreak is offline   Reply With Quote