Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 01-29-2020, 09:07 AM   #15
Fou

Drives: 2SS
This is just like every day, real life test!
You will not always line up to a car that hase new tires, clutch, race gas, full or 1/4 tank...
Fou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 09:29 AM   #16
ZL1 1LE
@zle_blackwing

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Throttle House typically uses owner supplied cars.
In this case, the GT 500 was supplied by Ford. I know the ZLE owner.
Old 01-29-2020, 09:31 AM   #17
Stevezx900

Drives: Buick Grand National, BMW M5
This was the best comparison of the three cars I have seen yet. They actually used a regular ZL1 A10 for dig racing.
But the ZL1 won in 2/3 categories and is $20,000 cheaper than both cars fully loaded.

I think the clear winner is the ZL1 here.
Stevezx900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 09:31 AM   #18
Checkmate1

Drives: Garnet Red / ZL1 1LE
ZL1 FTW
Old 01-29-2020, 09:33 AM   #19
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Seems pretty obvious the CFTP does not provide enough performance to justify its price tag.

I wonder if the guys that have already bought one are upset at its lackluster performance per dollar, seems very reminiscent of the GT350 discussions we have had. Ford just cannot compete, with all things equal they are frankly outclassed up against GM.
Old 01-29-2020, 09:33 AM   #20
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13vertss View Post
Why would Ford send a GT500 on spent tires? Now that is all we are going to hear is why it didn't do better. Randy did say it would of won, but it was mostly due to the extra 110hp as it was 10mph on the straights.
Quote:
Throttle House typically uses owner supplied cars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1 1LE View Post
In this case, the GT 500 was supplied by Ford. I know the ZLE owner.
Wow!! Then Ford definitely screwed the pooch on that one. Why would they do that? I find it hard to believe that, knowing who they were handing the keys to, they didn’t expect a head-to-head.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 09:34 AM   #21
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
It's not apples-to-apples, but add some power to ZL1 and bald eagles would sing the National Anthem.

Also - it's probably also why Ford didn't want to quote any times except for acceleration...

I love their reviews, HAHAHA. There wasn't much that was that unexpected though. Everyone knows Hellcats are not to be trifled with on the street. They're a sticky tire away from boggin' deep. I figured the imp would be a better usable car (which is why I knew I couldn't put up with a 1LE, lol). But ZLE is at home on a track and that's where it proves over-and-over to shine - YEARS after it's been out.

And sorry - I just watched a Cleetus video...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 09:35 AM   #22
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Wow!! Then Ford definitely screwed the pooch on that one. Why would they do that? I find it hard to believe that, knowing who they were handing the keys to, they didn’t expect a head-to-head.
They know how fast the ZLE is. Having an 'excuse' for why the 500 losses saves face, at least long enough for people to buy the CFTP before the word is out.
Old 01-29-2020, 09:56 AM   #23
NW-99SS

Drives: 1999 Camaro SS M6 - SBE LS1
Interesting that Randy thinks the GT500 will make up a full second on a 1:28 course with fresher tires.
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
NW-99SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 10:20 AM   #24
Boo

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 Nightfall Grey
This is the drag race i was dieing to see...a regular ZL1 A10 smoked those dudes from a dig! Love it!!!
Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 10:26 AM   #25
rocket403

Drives: 80 Cutlass 403, 2010 FF RT
I would like to see these 3 at the Drag Strip they have put them in an arena were the Camaro shines as it should, they keep talking about how the Redeye is made for the 1/4 mile Track, ok so the Redeye is made for the Drag strip so lets see that match up.
1998 Monte Carlo SS
1980 Cutlass Supreme 403
rocket403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 10:27 AM   #26
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Woulda, shoulda, coulda...but did it? LOL!

Like I said, the GT500 needs every advantage in it's favor to win. Take away just one advantage and it loses. Meanwhile the ZLE wins even when every disadvantage is stacked against it. HAHA!!

ZL1: 2 wins, 1 loss.
Redeye: 1 win, 2 losses.
GT500: 0 wins. Ouch.
You want to talk about GT500 advantages, they brought a different Camaro for the 1/4 test because they said the 1LE had no chance lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Exactly. They have a million excuses every time they lose. Once again it's the tires. If you know you're supplying your car for testing, then throw some fresh tires on the damn thing. What else was there? I mean, did he unload it on them with a quarter tank of 91 octane gas and 5% oil life and after driving it across the country nonstop? Gimmie a break. The biggest test in the past 6 years and they show up with a brand new car on some worn out tires? Bullshit. That can lost fair and square, plain and simple. And if the tires were worn then the GT500 deserved to lose.

BTW, if the tires were that worn then it would have gotten destroyed on the quarter mile. It definitely wouldn't have run consistent with what MT ran. And it would not have beaten the RE on tires worn that badly.
I agree, it lost fair and square. Even if it was on new tires, even if it would have won like RP suggested it would have to me the CFTP does not justify its price tag at all. Tasking anyone to beat what a ZLE is capable of is a big ask of any make or model. That's just how good the ZLE is. Ford shot their shot, and you can see by the price tag what not planning ahead does.

As far as the worn out tires I easily think that would matter more on the road course than the 1/4. You get heat in them and they will grip enough for a straightline, vs out on the road course trying to keep a 4K car from sliding around. Maybe someone more experience can chime in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
Seems pretty obvious the CFTP does not provide enough performance to justify its price tag.

I wonder if the guys that have already bought one are upset at its lackluster performance per dollar, seems very reminiscent of the GT350 discussions we have had. Ford just cannot compete, with all things equal they are frankly outclassed up against GM.
Yep. GM did their homework and studied for weeks, Ford crammed the night before. Performance wise seems to lack, but 3 out of 4 still chose it over the ZLE. I bet the people that have them are loving them and enjoying them and good for them. I don't think the price tag is worth it though.

Quote:
Yeah Ford seemed to screw that one up. I wonder if they will pull a GM and send on back for retesting (They did that with a C7Z06). Judging by the Twister orange paint, this looks like the same 500 that has been in several off these videos. So it sure has been beat on recently. Either way, can only test whats supplied so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
It's not apples-to-apples, but add some power to ZL1 and bald eagles would sing the National Anthem.

Also - it's probably also why Ford didn't want to quote any times except for acceleration...

I love their reviews, HAHAHA. There wasn't much that was that unexpected though. Everyone knows Hellcats are not to be trifled with on the street. They're a sticky tire away from boggin' deep. I figured the imp would be a better usable car (which is why I knew I couldn't put up with a 1LE, lol). But ZLE is at home on a track and that's where it proves over-and-over to shine - YEARS after it's been out.

And sorry - I just watched a Cleetus video...
Ford's never done lap times. Hell I am surprised they even did acceleration times

I love these reviews. So much more entertaining than MT. Always been a fan of Jason Cammisa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-99SS View Post
Interesting that Randy thinks the GT500 will make up a full second on a 1:28 course with fresher tires.
Even if it did, to me the CFTP still doesn't justify its price tag.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 10:31 AM   #27
TreedYou

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS, 2013 Mustang GT
I just absolutely love how excited blaq got in this thread, you can almost picture him wiggling in his chair lol.

THAT was adorable.

The ZL1 is a beast as usual!
TreedYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 10:32 AM   #28
13vertss

Drives: 2013 Camaro convertible 2SS/RS
One thing I noticed, neither car put in a impressive lap time. Heck a reg zl1 had a faster time of 1:26.16. A ss 1le did it in 1:28.29 which is the same time as the 350R.
13vertss is offline   Reply With Quote