Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 11-08-2019, 09:06 PM   #2563
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Drives: 2011, 2SS/RS, Synergy
Gonna be a lot of people at 200 reps for 20.5.

2011 Camaro SS/RS Synergy-1 of 255-Sold
You will be missed but you are in good hands!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Mydivorcegift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 09:31 AM   #2564
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Monique finished 55th this year. Up 53 places from last year (well really this year lol).

Qualifier up next!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Old 11-18-2019, 01:30 PM   #2565
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydivorcegift View Post
Monique finished 55th this year. Up 53 places from last year (well really this year lol).

Qualifier up next!
55th!!! holy mother of lifting!! She crushed it, then kicked it's teeth in!
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 10:18 AM   #2566
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

No New Year's Resolution bump?

Anyone training?

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Old 01-17-2020, 10:48 AM   #2567
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

I'm still doing my thing in the gym, staying big, strong, old. All at the same time. I may do a powerlifting meet later this year, but that is just to have a little fun with the ones I'm training.
Old 01-18-2020, 09:46 AM   #2568
joshnmn
2&THEHIT

Drives: 5th Gen Camaro; 5th Gen Ram 3500
I’m still training too. Far from strong, but stronger than ever at 45.
Should I just give up on being trim?
joshnmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 11:23 AM   #2569
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
I'm still doing my thing in the gym, staying big, strong, old. All at the same time. I may do a powerlifting meet later this year, but that is just to have a little fun with the ones I'm training.
That's great to hear! Same here although back went out for the first time ever about 8 months ago and has been an issue ever since. Did it, of all things, picking up a bar of soap that fell in the shower.

Bench has gotten back to about 85% of what it was before I had the pec tear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnmn View Post
I’m still training too. Far from strong, but stronger than ever at 45.
Should I just give up on being trim?
For sure gets harder as you get older. I'll be 48 this year so I am right there with you.

We made a big decision this year and went vegan. My weight was at an all time high of 243, BP was 157/97, and my resting pulse is 101. Got heart problems on the male side of my family. Had to make a drastic change in hopes of improvement or I won't be here too much longer.

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Old 01-19-2020, 08:52 AM   #2570
joshnmn
2&THEHIT

Drives: 5th Gen Camaro; 5th Gen Ram 3500
Hopefully it works for you! One of my gym friends is a little older than me and had a heart attack last year. Scary stuff. He’s always swole and did comps when he was younger so I’m sure he’s worked his body pretty hard.

Now he’s on a heart healthy diet- no red meat, no animal protein. He says it’s tough, but he’s bigger and leaner than I’ve ever seen him.
joshnmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 07:27 AM   #2571
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Quote:
That's great to hear! Same here although back went out for the first time ever about 8 months ago and has been an issue ever since. Did it, of all things, picking up a bar of soap that fell in the shower.

Bench has gotten back to about 85% of what it was before I had the pec tear.

For sure gets harder as you get older. I'll be 48 this year so I am right there with you.

We made a big decision this year and went vegan. My weight was at an all time high of 243, BP was 157/97, and my resting pulse is 101. Got heart problems on the male side of my family. Had to make a drastic change in hopes of improvement or I won't be here too much longer.

How is the vegan working for you. Lots of good plant based proteins out there. I have a friend that did his first Triathlon, the Arizona Triathlon in Nov, and he is pure vegan diet and is in great shape.
Old 01-20-2020, 10:57 AM   #2572
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnmn View Post
Hopefully it works for you! One of my gym friends is a little older than me and had a heart attack last year. Scary stuff. He’s always swole and did comps when he was younger so I’m sure he’s worked his body pretty hard.

Now he’s on a heart healthy diet- no red meat, no animal protein. He says it’s tough, but he’s bigger and leaner than I’ve ever seen him.
It is. My father had his first bypass at 56 and had another one 5 years after that (quintuple the first, quadruple the second). Only thing that saved him was the running he did when he was in his 20's until about 40. Short weeks were 70 miles, long weeks were 120-130 miles. Needless to say I am not a cardio guy.

He will be 79 next month and is plugging along fine. He made some drastic changes to his eating habits as well but he is not vegan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
How is the vegan working for you. Lots of good plant based proteins out there. I have a friend that did his first Triathlon, the Arizona Triathlon in Nov, and he is pure vegan diet and is in great shape.
Well we are only 2 weeks into it so ask me in 6 months for a true assessment

Truthfully, it's fine. I thought it would actually be much harder.....especially just jumping off the cliff and not "easing into it". 1st week was tough figuring out how much to eat and when, but this past week was a breeze. A few of the meals we've had are just OK, but a couple have been surprisingly really, really good.

I can say I feel somewhat better day to day and I for sure don't feel as bloated. I am down 7.3 lbs so far.

But it's a marathon so we will have to see how it pans out with regards to sustainability, injury, etc.

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Old 01-20-2020, 12:56 PM   #2573
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Quote:
It is. My father had his first bypass at 56 and had another one 5 years after that (quintuple the first, quadruple the second). Only thing that saved him was the running he did when he was in his 20's until about 40. Short weeks were 70 miles, long weeks were 120-130 miles. Needless to say I am not a cardio guy.

He will be 79 next month and is plugging along fine. He made some drastic changes to his eating habits as well but he is not vegan.

Well we are only 2 weeks into it so ask me in 6 months for a true assessment

Truthfully, it's fine. I thought it would actually be much harder.....especially just jumping off the cliff and not "easing into it". 1st week was tough figuring out how much to eat and when, but this past week was a breeze. A few of the meals we've had are just OK, but a couple have been surprisingly really, really good.

I can say I feel somewhat better day to day and I for sure don't feel as bloated. I am down 7.3 lbs so far.

But it's a marathon so we will have to see how it pans out with regards to sustainability, injury, etc.
sounds about right from what my friends tell me. So you are doing it right, which I had no doubt you would. Your body should really see the changes after the first month and get settled into that routine. Also, friends have made the same comments about not being bloated. I'm not ready to make that jump yet.
Old 03-17-2020, 10:04 AM   #2574
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Some updates...

8 weeks into the vegan "thing". Going good. Initially according to the inBody scan I dropped a lot of muscle. Was down 7lbs at one point. Now my scan is showing only down 3lbs of muscle mass....rest is BF. Down from 243.6 to 224.8.

Monique is crushing the vegan thing. We eat essentially the same thing so while I am most likely NOT getting enough protein she is getting plenty. She has lost 1lb of muscle rest is BF...she is down from 151.8 to 133.7. This is the lowest she has weighed since we went to Mexico in 2013. Her BF % according to the inBoday scan is 13%.

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Old 03-17-2020, 10:13 AM   #2575
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

In addition she just finished the Crossfit AGOQ. There's good news and bad news. She hurt her shoulder doing the overhead squat, chest to bar pullup workout. Most she has ever overhead squatted was 115lbs..not an issue squatting but as discussed her olympic lifts, while they have gotten better (she set an 18lb pr in the clean and jerk during the qualifier) they still aren't great. She managed to get 145lbs overhead and do 2 reps. So she pr'd by 30lbs and did it twice. But when she went to do a third one, man her arm looked like a spaghetti noodle so she dropped it. Just a strain, but for sure cost her in the other events.

So she didn't qualify for the games. She finished 2 spots lower than last year. I guess it's a win considering she's a year older and was hurt for most of the qualifier. That being said....

The good news is, even hurt, she managed to finish in 1st place in the world for one workout (100 dumbbell snatches, 50 cal row, 100 burpees over bar). It's the first time she's accomplished this!

MONIQUE
GUNTER
United States
United States
Age 46
62 in | 140 lb
View Profile
46th (260 reps)
4 rounds +
8 thrusters
20 double-unders
Judged by Jacqui Mims at CrossFit Mayhem.
53rd (92 reps)
15 C2B pull-ups
10 overhead squats
15 C2B pull-ups
10 overhead squats
15 C2B pull-ups
10 overhead squats
15 C2B pull-ups
2 overhead squats
Tiebreak: 5:10
Judged by Anniston Cooper at CrossFit Mayhem.
1st (13:52)
250 reps
Judged by Jacqui Mims at CrossFit Mayhem.
35th (7:33)
3 rounds
75th (158 lb)
Weight lifted: 158 lbs
Bodyweight: 137 lbs (Tiebreak)
19th (6:57)
2 rounds

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Old 03-17-2020, 10:16 AM   #2576
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Video of her 1st place finish if anyone cares to watch.

https://youtu.be/XG5-sfrfNN8

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody