Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-08-2020, 02:59 PM   #1
LESS1

Drives: Chevy Camaro
2019 Camaro SS 1LE vs BMW, Chevy and Porsche

Summit Point Main March 06, 2020, new PB... details below for anyone interested.

URL: https://youtu.be/2hR0VADjsy4

This is my third time at Summit Point Main in my SS 1LE. Same mods as before, Chevy Track Alignment and high temp brake fluid, all else stock. Just like my last time on SP Main back in November 2019, it was cold and windy only this time with light rain, temps were in the low 40’s with a high of 55 deg.

This is the first event of 2020 on SP Main since November 2019 so the track was green/slow. I ended up using Sport 1 exclusively due to the weather/rain. The car ran well but was down on power from my November SP Main session when temps were 32 to 41 deg. This is evident in the slower acceleration and lower speeds on straights, especially the main straight.

I am starting to get comfortable with the car and stayed in the throttle longer, braking later and harder while rolling more speed into corners, except for #3, not comfortable with this corner yet. My previous best lap was 1:22.25 set in November 2019. Today I was able to drop this down to a 1:21.87 on a damp and green track. Jump to min (18:00) for the start of my best lap.

The more I track this car the more impressed I am with Camaro SS 1LE. The whole arrive, check air pressures, drive the heck out of it, go as fast or faster than a lot of cars and then head for home at the end of the day couldn’t get easier. All without ever having to worry about something breaking, falling off, or tire changes…etc. is priceless in my opinion.
LESS1 is offline   Reply With Quote