Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 11-09-2018, 05:42 AM   #85
Bluecyclone

Drives: 2014 Cyclone mustang
I just want to "Run thru the twisty's" with other sports cars, as I still have only 1 1LE buddy, 1 2009 GT 500 friend and 1 Scat Pack challenger neighbor. I rarely see any SS or other Camaro's out an about. I've seen no 1320's and probably won't any time soon.
Old 11-09-2018, 07:02 AM   #86
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowblind View Post
Appreciate the kind words. Isn't RBS a 2015 car ? Seeing as my car wasn't built yet, I chose my words carefully but maybe I wasn't being clear enough.
Yes his is a ‘15 and he is on FTW E85, other than that I think you guys are similarly modded. Maybe he has more WR?
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 07:14 AM   #87
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
Well the SS has kicked the GTs ass for the past 2 years but got its ass kicked the 4 years prior. Who knows maybe the A10 SS will run better if not when is the next update for the SS? And yes you are correct Ford has failed by not having an answer to the ZL1 and Hellcat, never mind the Demon and ZL1E.
Actually, you're wrong again. Or you're lying or trolling. The SS did not get it's ass kicked from 11-14 because it was always well within a driver's race. And the only reason it was faster was because the Mustang, in typical Ford fashion, was yet again late to the party on offering IRS which kept them lighter which is what was responsible for them being slightly faster. Once they added IRS they got slower even after upping HP by 15. On the other hand, the 6th Gen SS was over half a second faster than the GT which was well beyond what is considered a driver's race and basically kicked the snot out of the GT. When the SS is faster, we destroy you guys. When the GT is faster, it just barely eeks by and even that is after benchmarking the Camaro, lol!! But nice try.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 08:14 AM   #88
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
Yes his is a ‘15 and he is on FTW E85, other than that I think you guys are similarly modded. Maybe he has more WR?
FTW, more WR, full suspension, trans brake, electric water pump. I’m sure he probably race cut his gears (they been in and out a few times) and is running ceramic wheel bearings too (his friend at aed is) . It’s got everything

The ftw alone got him .15 by his own admission. They are high ten second cars in typical FBO form. Just look at the list

And snow will run a 10.4 as soon as he can hook in the same -1000 air

In the end nobody usually goes that far with bolt ons. I don’t think he will and I won’t be. Mainly because we have so much to gain from a cam. Most move on
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 08:28 AM   #89
ULTRAZLS1

Quote:
By last count I think 5 reviews have either high 11s or low 12s for the A10 GT, yet it's a mid 12 second ride. But the Camaro that has a single 12.2 as it's best but we are to consider it a 11 sec ride. The denial is so strong it almost borders on delusional at this point.

Time to face reality. The SS is no longer the fastest of the big three, in fact it will soon be the slowest of the 3 when the 19 Scatpack 1320 arrives shortly.
The turd pack lmao

Those boats aren’t even in the 10s NA yet with full heads cam build
Old 11-09-2018, 09:21 AM   #90
rocket403

Drives: 80 Cutlass 403, 2010 FF RT
The Challenger 1320 Dodge has stated will be good for 11.7 out of the box with this Boat getting under 12's with that trim with Trans Brake and some of the other Demon goodies I think that with minor boltons it will get into the 10's or very close. The Boat rules the 1/4 mile and we will wait and see what the GT500 will do Chevy has nothing right now to run with Dodge that is street legal from the factory.
rocket403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 10:26 AM   #91
ULTRAZLS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket403 View Post
The Challenger 1320 Dodge has stated will be good for 11.7 out of the box with this Boat getting under 12's with that trim with Trans Brake and some of the other Demon goodies I think that with minor boltons it will get into the 10's or very close. The Boat rules the 1/4 mile and we will wait and see what the GT500 will do Chevy has nothing right now to run with Dodge that is street legal from the factory.
It rules nothing

It’s not even in the same galaxy as the ss other than when both stock. Me and several others went 11.5-7 range in nearly stock SS with drag pack. No trans brake needed

Nobody is even in the tens yet with FBO heads cam and converter. Just a trans brake wont make up that. They are literally miles behind. I’m at 10.6 with bolt ons and a stock converter

The SS has run mid 10 with bolt on and 9s with heads cam. Turdpack is literally zero competition for the SS other than stock times. Turdpack has nothing for the mustang either

Joking aside they are nice cars. But if you are buying one for the drag strip to go beat up on a mustang or Camaro it’s not gonna happen in the real world. Not unless everyone stays stock. Good luck with that.
Old 11-09-2018, 10:46 AM   #92
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
I love my Camaro but 3 months its going back to the dealer. 1320 will come around 1st quarter, looks and seems like my next move.
keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 11:28 AM   #93
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
It rules nothing

It’s not even in the same galaxy as the ss other than when both stock. Me and several others went 11.5-7 range in nearly stock SS with drag pack. No trans brake needed

Nobody is even in the tens yet with FBO heads cam and converter. Just a trans brake wont make up that. They are literally miles behind. I’m at 10.6 with bolt ons and a stock converter

The SS has run mid 10 with bolt on and 9s with heads cam. Turdpack is literally zero competition for the SS other than stock times. Turdpack has nothing for the mustang either

Joking aside they are nice cars. But if you are buying one for the drag strip to go beat up on a mustang or Camaro it’s not gonna happen in the real world. Not unless everyone stays stock. Good luck with that.
So now we are 11.50s stock for the SS. Amazing. You are running 10s in a highly modded SS with no warranty and have more than likely lost all positive street manners. You are in a race car that happens to have a stock engine block. You have likely lost all resale value of the car. To achieve what you could have done with a stock Hellcat and a set of DRs with full warranty, congrats on your accomplishment.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 11:48 AM   #94
ULTRAZLS1

Quote:
So now we are 11.50s stock for the SS. Amazing. You are running 10s in a highly modded SS with no warranty and have more than likely lost all positive street manners. You are in a race car that happens to have a stock engine block. You have likely lost all resale value of the car. To achieve what you could have done with a stock Hellcat and a set of DRs with full warranty, congrats on your accomplishment.
No with a tire just like the 1320 needs. Had drag wheels and tires. Me and several others. That 1320 gonna run good on a trans brake with stock tires?

And no I’m not highly modified. Completely stock engine with bolt ons. Stock heads stock cam. My weight loss is seats pulled and light battery. One hour swap total. I have stock suspension stock gears and stock converter. I run pump fuel. I get over 20 mpg on the highway full ac heat interior etc when not at the track. I pull my seats for the track.

If I had heads and cam and went out as you speak I would be well into the 9s. As I said the Scat packs are no competition for the Camaro at the drag strip other than stock. You need to pull your head out of the magazines

Maybe you should do some research your post is nothing but fail. It’s actually very easy to run tens in a bolt on SS

I could have bought a hellcat for 60+ k and been slower than my SS I paid 30k for and have 5 k in mods lol nice thanks for the tip. Your jealousy is palpable
Old 11-09-2018, 02:04 PM   #95
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Says the guy driving a 6 year old relic...
Old 11-09-2018, 02:06 PM   #96
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by keon718nyc View Post
I love my Camaro but 3 months its going back to the dealer. 1320 will come around 1st quarter, looks and seems like my next move.
1320 is a good move. But I'd also consider a Hellcat. Although I'm not sure how the 1320 will be priced, I do know that the Hellcats will be offered in a stripped down model and come in at mid $50K. So that might be a better choice.
Old 11-09-2018, 02:28 PM   #97
rocket403

Next summer with the 1320 Challenger on the street and people taking them to the tracks we will see how fast they run, tires will be a must with the Challenger at the track.

Challenger Demon Hellcat and Redeye are running in the 10's and the Demon with no major Mods is running 9.6's not sure what Stock Camaro with minor mods is in that class?
I will stick with the Bigger Dodge.
Old 11-09-2018, 02:31 PM   #98
rocket403

I will stick with my 8 year old relic Challenger and my 38 year old Relic Cutlass