Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing


BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2018, 02:31 PM   #15
bobby35ny


 
bobby35ny's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6, bye 2013 ZL1, 2010 SS
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: South East, FL
Posts: 2,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank237 View Post
A buddy who details cars for a local Chevy Dealer sent me some digitals of a Gen 6 getting the heater blower motor replaced...similar to what they will have to do to my car. The entire dash as well as steering wheel removed!

Also shows the HUGE access hole to the cabin air filter that my mice used to access my car. It still amazes me that they engineer in a huge hole, with NO thoughts to those of us with rural America, Rodent issues.

https://ibb.co/hSWKRT
https://ibb.co/b5jjt8
While I agree with you... Pics are misleading. The place where the mice/rats enter is thru the cowl. once under the cowl they enter thru the intake for the cabin filter. Its about 8 inches wide and 2 inches tall. Its NOT that big square area in your pic..
__________________
ZL1::J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS
bobby35ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 03:11 PM   #16
RKeeton
 
Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Tulsa,OK
Posts: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby35ny View Post
While I agree with you... Pics are misleading. The place where the mice/rats enter is thru the cowl. once under the cowl they enter thru the intake for the cabin filter. Its about 8 inches wide and 2 inches tall. Its NOT that big square area in your pic..
I agree, the interior is not a 6th Gen. Those pictures are of a 5th Gen. 2013 or earlier. The black car in between the 4th Gen Z-28 and the Corvette on the rack. The last picture looks like where my 2015 cabin filter was accessed not through the glove box.
RKeeton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 03:15 PM   #17
bobby35ny


 
bobby35ny's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6, bye 2013 ZL1, 2010 SS
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: South East, FL
Posts: 2,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKeeton View Post
I agree, the interior is not a 6th Gen. Those pictures are of a 5th Gen. 2013 or earlier. The black car in between the 4th Gen Z-28 and the Corvette on the rack. The last picture looks like where my 2015 cabin filter was accessed not through the glove box.
6th gen where the furry bastards come in!!

__________________
ZL1::J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS
bobby35ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 03:26 PM   #18
Frank237
 
Frank237's Avatar
 
Drives: Kubota 2640, 83 BMW R-65, 2017 1 SS
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Craig, MT
Posts: 593
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby35ny View Post
6th gen where the furry bastards come in!!

Did you remedy the access situation with some screening?
Frank237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 03:34 PM   #19
bobby35ny


 
bobby35ny's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6, bye 2013 ZL1, 2010 SS
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: South East, FL
Posts: 2,623
Naaa.... put live traps in my garage so I can torture them! LOL

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
__________________
ZL1::J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS
bobby35ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 12:29 PM   #20
Frank237
 
Frank237's Avatar
 
Drives: Kubota 2640, 83 BMW R-65, 2017 1 SS
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Craig, MT
Posts: 593
https://ibb.co/dBbT5o
https://ibb.co/e3vMQo

My situation not as bad as the 5th Gen in my pictures.

Tech has all the dropping, maggots and carcass cleaned up. May even have it back late tomorrow.
Frank237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 09:31 AM   #21
ctrlz

 
Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Ocean City, NJ
Posts: 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby35ny View Post
Naaa.... put live traps in my garage so I can torture them! LOL
Glue traps = torture, if that's what you are into. You can remove the trap and free the rodent away from your house with about a tablespoon of vegetable oil. The mouse will get covered in oil, but it will free itself.

Best trap method is snap trap with the old school hairpin trigger. Use a hot glue gun to attach a piece of dry dog food to the bait area. You will kill mice over-and-over with the same trap this way.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 09:41 AM   #22
bobby35ny


 
bobby35ny's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6, bye 2013 ZL1, 2010 SS
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: South East, FL
Posts: 2,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrlz View Post
Glue traps = torture, if that's what you are into. You can remove the trap and free the rodent away from your house with about a tablespoon of vegetable oil. The mouse will get covered in oil, but it will free itself.

Best trap method is snap trap with the old school hairpin trigger. Use a hot glue gun to attach a piece of dry dog food to the bait area. You will kill mice over-and-over with the same trap this way.
Depends on what beast lurks.... mice are little kids. Anything with peanut butter will do the trick. Rats are way too smart for snap traps. You name the trap I used it. LOL

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
__________________
ZL1::J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS
bobby35ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 10:35 AM   #23
ctrlz

 
Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Ocean City, NJ
Posts: 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby35ny View Post
Anything with peanut butter will do the trick.
My old way was peanut butter, but I think they are pretty good at just licking it. Gluing dog food to the trigger changed my life.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 05:38 AM   #24
mdhopt36
 
Drives: '17- 1ag37 V6 traded, for 1SS 2018!
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: MA
Posts: 279
Smear the peanut butter on the BOTTOM of the pan. They'll trip it for sure.
mdhopt36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 08:18 AM   #25
Frank237
 
Frank237's Avatar
 
Drives: Kubota 2640, 83 BMW R-65, 2017 1 SS
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Craig, MT
Posts: 593
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby35ny View Post
Depends on what beast lurks.... mice are little kids. Anything with peanut butter will do the trick. Rats are way too smart for snap traps. You name the trap I used it. LOL

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Use the rat traps that are nothing but a huge version of the old time mouse trap. But...wrap the activation paddle/trigger with aluminum foil. Just the rear portion. Then FIRMLY affix the HARD bait to the front of the trigger.

Then again we have Pack Rats which are not Norway or Wharf rats....what one sees in many urban areas.

Back east on the Farm we used bait station. Kept them in check with poison.
Frank237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 10:26 AM   #26
StPeteHyper2.0
 
StPeteHyper2.0's Avatar
 
Drives: '16 Hyper Blue 2.0
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: St Pete
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank237 View Post
https://ibb.co/kORxD8

This is the cabin filter access HOLE....ridiculous to imagine rodents WONT get IN.


I use IBB as a hosting site. Anyone know HOW I can post these so the photos are ON the page, not as links? Or can anyone FIX this?
Red post reply button, not quick reply. Then go to the paperclip and upload.
Attached Images
 
StPeteHyper2.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 04:50 AM   #27
mdhopt36
 
Drives: '17- 1ag37 V6 traded, for 1SS 2018!
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: MA
Posts: 279
Well, now I got one of those little turds in there; smelled that dead mouse smell three times when the humidity goes up. First time it would have gagged a maggot.
Have caught close to 100 this last winter, but this year, I'm catching them in the summer with traps. Real bad year, apparently.
frigg'n unreal.
Now, I see that the wipers have to be removed to get to the cover over the filter---hope my mechanic buddy has a bore scope.
Crap, it doesn't take much intelligence to plug off any opening with some 1/4" hardware mesh. I can get a foot-long piece off a 30" roll for $1. !!!!!!!!!
mdhopt36 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Post Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.