Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-14-2017, 08:50 PM   #1
jydavis

Drives: 2011camaross
service stabilatrac light on

I recently did had the intake rod mod and ported throttle body done on my 2011 camaro. After that I put a 1 piece drive shaft in and now the car says to check the stabiltrac. The car also is down on power and not running good. Any ideas. Thanks jerry davis
jydavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 09:16 PM   #2
RankSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Give the battery a goog charging.
2010 Camaro SS RS, Maggie with 3.4" pulley, 60# injectors, ADM dual fuel pumps, ADM Stage 2 Cam with Brian Tooley springs and pushrods, black CAI intake, Stainless Works long tube headers w/gutted cats, ZL1 Diff w/offset bushings, Pfadt lowering springs, Pfadt sway bars, Pfadt solid sub frame mounts, BMR trailing arms and toe rods, Hurst short throw shifter, Painted on Hugger Orange stripes, Forgestar F14 Piano Black wheels, Nitto NT05 rubber.
RankSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 11:07 PM   #3
BubbaSS
WHAT RED LIGHT?!

Drives: 2011 Black Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Try to get some codes
2011 2SS/RS M6 BLACK - VARARAM NO TUNE INTAKE, MODDED AND PORTED TB, PORTED INTAKE MANIFOLD, VITESSE THROTTLE CONTROLLER, DOUG THORLEY LT'S, CATLESS, X-PIPE, 25" STAINLESS WORKS RETRO CHAMBERED MUFFLERS, CUSTOM 2.5" MANDREL BENT EXHAUST, RICHMOND 4.10 GEARS, CUSTOM CAM (231/242 @ 114LSA), MUSTANG DYNO TUNED BY TORQ, 20% CERAMIC TINTS, EIBACH PROKIT SPRINGS 1" DROP, HAWK PERFORMANCE CERAMIC BRAKES, NITTO INVO TIRES, HYDROCARBON TAIL LIGHT AND FOG LIGHT BEZELS BY EMBLEMPROS, METRA DASH KIT, JVC KW-AV71BT, PHOENIX GOLD iAMP GM1, PASSPORT QI45 - 450 RWHP 415 RWTQ
BubbaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 08:12 PM   #4
fz4k98

Drives: 2013 1ss
I have had dirty throttle body and maf sensor cause the computer to cause it to run terrible like it was in limp mode or reduced power. In relation to the 1 piece driveshaft, I installed one and I get a lot of stabilitrack warning at light throttle steady cruise. The 1 pc shafts removed the rubber isolator causing the driveline lash to throw the code. Still trying to figure a way out of that one.
fz4k98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 08:29 AM   #5
jydavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by fz4k98 View Post
I have had dirty throttle body and maf sensor cause the computer to cause it to run terrible like it was in limp mode or reduced power. In relation to the 1 piece driveshaft, I installed one and I get a lot of stabilitrack warning at light throttle steady cruise. The 1 pc shafts removed the rubber isolator causing the driveline lash to throw the code. Still trying to figure a way out of that one.
Let me know if you figure out the stabilitrack code. I talked to a freind of mine that is a master mechanic he told me that it could pull timing out with the stabiktrack light on taking the car in today to get it checked out
Old 03-16-2017, 09:26 AM   #6
mydreamcar
My Dream Car

Drives: 2011 SIM LS3 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RankSS View Post
Give the battery a goog charging.

this maybe the issue, as my battery started to go, I would get the service stabilitrac light . Plus a few other issues. as soon as I changed the battery they stopped happening
Old 03-16-2017, 07:20 PM   #7
jydavis

I pulled some codes out of it today they were p0122 p0123. P0223. P2135. These are all throttle postion codes. I charged the battery ans the stabiktack light went off. I also eraised the codes car runs fine now. Trying to figure out if I need to replace the throttle postion senser. What are your thoughts. Thanks jerry davis
Old 03-16-2017, 09:02 PM   #8
drgrcr32

Drives: 2013 Black SS
I have never had tps problems, but when trying to tune after my lsa swap, the stabilitrac light was a constant problem. I Tracked it all back to a bad connection at the MAP sensor splice. Connections were good but I cut it all apart and re soldered everything. This took care of it, but I was able to catch it while data logging.

Last edited by drgrcr32; 03-16-2017 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Posted wrong component.
drgrcr32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 09:05 PM   #9
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by jydavis View Post
I pulled some codes out of it today they were p0122 p0123. P0223. P2135. These are all throttle postion codes. I charged the battery ans the stabiktack light went off. I also eraised the codes car runs fine now. Trying to figure out if I need to replace the throttle postion senser. What are your thoughts. Thanks jerry davis
Throttle position codes will activate the TC/SC light and eventually put you in limp mode.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote