Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Emblempros


Thread Closed
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2018, 02:22 PM   #43
JohnCobalt
 
JohnCobalt's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro and Mazda CX3
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Tampa Bay
Posts: 153
They lowered the speed limit on that road to 35 yesterday, not that it’ll stop the idiots in Tampa from racing. Bayshore blvd is so congested you’d have to be inbred to race there.
JohnCobalt is offline  
Old 05-25-2018, 03:42 PM   #44
TRich2SS
 
Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Summit White
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Maryland
Posts: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeCody View Post
Ironic, given that in a recent statement Oliver North blames videogames, and other violent media for shootings, not the person. Surprised there are still people who are still sound asleep.
You are wasting your time. People who bring politics into topics where it isn't relevant are normally too far gone to have any logical conversation with in my experience.
TRich2SS is offline  
Old 05-25-2018, 04:55 PM   #45
Jsreo
 
Drives: 2017 2SS Manual
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Atlanta GA
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRich2SS View Post
You are wasting your time. People who bring politics into topics where it isn't relevant are normally too far gone to have any logical conversation with in my experience.
+1, I thought this was a car forum, not a political one

Last edited by Jsreo; 05-26-2018 at 08:01 PM.
Jsreo is offline  
Old 05-25-2018, 05:33 PM   #46
Martinjlm
Retired from GM
 
Martinjlm's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Detroit
Posts: 1,187
This morning I was on my way to play golf. Waiting at a light when all of a sudden a Challenger comes flying through the intersection, almost losing it on a left turn. Surprised he didnít take out the Passat that was in a left turn lane. Then the light changes and a Mustang Cobra goes chasing after the Challenger. Idiots! This is footage from my dash cam.

https://youtu.be/lJYWj5QRXFE
__________________
2017 CAMARO FIFTY SS CONVERTIBLE
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | Thinkware F750 front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties |Novistretch bra and mirror covers |Tow hitch for bicycle rack |


Martinjlm is offline  
Old 05-25-2018, 05:36 PM   #47
MrRuss
 
MrRuss's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Chandler, AZ
Posts: 58
My oldest son is now 26, married and I have 2 grand kids I love with all my heart.

My son's first car at 17 yo was a 2000 Camaro RS. It was a cool car, black with black leather, factory ground affects and he loved it. We put a cat-back on it with dual chrome tips. I never had a car that cool when I was a teen. With a V6 and only 200HP if I told him once, I told him a thousand times "it is not a fast car, don't be stupid and race anyone". At best he would get embarrassed and worst hurt or killed or someone else. To my knowledge he never did (and I checked up on him once in a while :paddle

__________________
Mr Russ

Tim "the tool man" Taylor is my hero

My Garage:
'18 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring, Soul Red, Parchment
'16 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS, Summit White, Adrenaline Red
'14 Mazda 6 Grand Touring, Snowflake White, Parchment SOLD
'01 Chevrolet Corvette, Millennium Yellow, Black SOLD
'99 Chevrolet Silverado ex cab, Summit White SOLD
MrRuss is offline  
Old 05-25-2018, 08:16 PM   #48
Need4Camaro
 
Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 572
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
This morning I was on my way to play golf. Waiting at a light when all of a sudden a Challenger comes flying through the intersection, almost losing it on a left turn. Surprised he didnít take out the Passat that was in a left turn lane. Then the light changes and a Mustang Cobra goes chasing after the Challenger. Idiots! This is footage from my dash cam.

https://youtu.be/lJYWj5QRXFE
If that were a Mustang he WOULD have lost it and skidded RIGHT into you... ...you better be glad that was a Challenger instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRuss View Post
My oldest son is now 26, married and I have 2 grand kids I love with all my heart.

My son's first car at 17 yo was a 2000 Camaro RS. It was a cool car, black with black leather, factory ground affects and he loved it. We put a cat-back on it with dual chrome tips. I never had a car that cool when I was a teen. With a V6 and only 200HP if I told him once, I told him a thousand times "it is not a fast car, don't be stupid and race anyone". At best he would get embarrassed and worst hurt or killed or someone else. To my knowledge he never did (and I checked up on him once in a while :paddle

Even today that still looks like a nice car.
Need4Camaro is offline  
Old 05-25-2018, 09:56 PM   #49
torqueaddict
 
Drives: 2018 HBM 1SS M6
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Miami
Posts: 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
If that were a Mustang he WOULD have lost it and skidded RIGHT into you... ...you better be glad that was a Challenger instead.

^^^This, no joke.
torqueaddict is online now  
Old 05-26-2018, 07:21 AM   #50
GelflingEssence
 
Drives: 2016 Challenger SRT 392
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: 127.0.0.1
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealG View Post
If you draw a straight line using the liberal media logic of cause-and-effect high-performance cars should be banned now. The car did the killing not the driver. The gun did the killing not the shooter. People are never responsible for their actions itís the thing that needs to be banned. I laughed and cried a little when I saw somebody say they should stop making Mustangs and save lives. That sounds scary and could come right from CNN headlines next week. And they would want to boycott ford manufacturing they had nothing to do with it like boycotting the NRA which had nothing to do with it.
That's a nice strawman you've built there. Can you cite any proof or are you just stoking your own fire?
GelflingEssence is offline  
Old 05-26-2018, 09:49 AM   #51
FASTNUF
 
FASTNUF's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 White Vert
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Katy Tx
Posts: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
That is sicking and sad. And the brand of car doesnt make one an idiot. They can be found driving anything. Prayers to that family.
Well said and totally agree!

Those on this forum who tout doing similar acts in "Mexico"...outta consider how they would feel if this tragic event happens to someone they knew or loved... plenty of legal tracks & drag strips available for you to safely do what you're doing...

Thanks, MrRuss for posting.
FASTNUF is offline  
Old 05-26-2018, 01:07 PM   #52
RealG
 
Drives: 1969 RS 350
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: So Cal
Posts: 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRich2SS View Post
You are wasting your time. People who bring politics into topics where it isn't relevant are normally too far gone to have any logical conversation with in my experience.
Want to be involved ? Ok your involved.
Your statement is truly ignorant you have no idea about me but the statement I made is 100% accurate. It was an example given related to peopleís comments directly in this thread that the car is the problem not the person my gun analogy is perfect because itís topical and factual and probably doesnít agree with your thinking so youíre mad at me and at the statement I made you attack the person that makes the truthful statement not the truthful statement ? Stay on point stay on the subject donít drop down to personal attacks and you will be a much more well rounded person.the fact that you attacked me and not my statement tells me everything I need to know about you.
__________________
Waiting to order 2019 Camaro V8 no options
50th anniversary of the best Camaro ever
RealG is offline  
Old 05-26-2018, 01:14 PM   #53
RealG
 
Drives: 1969 RS 350
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: So Cal
Posts: 356
[QUOTE=GelflingEssence;10198080]That's a nice strawman you've built there. Can you cite any proof or are you just stoking your own fire?[/QUOTE

Wow , seriously? Site or prove what ? A person in this thread said it’s the cars fault I think it’s the person‘s fault I’m not sure which facts you want me to site seems like common sense to me. If you watched any news channel they will tell you we have to ban guns because guns kill people people don’t kill people. That’s the opposite of the truth we all know people kill people. Again I’m not sure what facts or things you want me to say this is all pretty common sense stuff. If you disagree with me then you agree with the CNN crowd that this was all the cars fault and fords fault and whenever anyone gets shot in our country it’s the guns fault is that what you’re saying? . Please be clear show me where I went off the track and am wrong. I believe in personal responsibility for our words and actions.
__________________
Waiting to order 2019 Camaro V8 no options
50th anniversary of the best Camaro ever
RealG is offline  
Old 05-26-2018, 01:20 PM   #54
RealG
 
Drives: 1969 RS 350
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: So Cal
Posts: 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeCody View Post
Ironic, given that in a recent statement Oliver North blames videogames, and other violent media for shootings, not the person. Surprised there are still people who are still sound asleep.
Great example of blame shifting , Again it’s not the guns fault it’s not the person’s fault now it’s the video games fault. But the common denominator is always it’s not the person’s fault !
it’s always some thing or action that needs to be banned and dealt with not the person.
A Strawman Argument.
__________________
Waiting to order 2019 Camaro V8 no options
50th anniversary of the best Camaro ever
RealG is offline  
Old 05-26-2018, 05:52 PM   #55
Need4Camaro
 
Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 572
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealG View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GelflingEssence View Post
That's a nice strawman you've built there. Can you cite any proof or are you just stoking your own fire?
Wow , seriously? Site or prove what ? A person in this thread said it’s the cars fault I think it’s the person‘s fault I’m not sure which facts you want me to site seems like common sense to me. If you watched any news channel they will tell you we have to ban guns because guns kill people people don’t kill people. That’s the opposite of the truth we all know people kill people. Again I’m not sure what facts or things you want me to say this is all pretty common sense stuff. If you disagree with me then you agree with the CNN crowd that this was all the cars fault and fords fault and whenever anyone gets shot in our country it’s the guns fault is that what you’re saying? . Please be clear show me where I went off the track and am wrong. I believe in personal responsibility for our words and actions.
Just wishing to respectfully share my opinion. Hope you understand and take it as such.

Anyway my opinion its kind of both but largely to do with maturity yet at the same time there's the old saying the "absolute power corrupts absolutely" - So what I mean by this is...

Take the teenager who caused the accident and put him in a 1980 Toyota Camry and in the same situation. Would the same incident have occurred? PROBABLY not, of course its impossible to tell for sure but its highly unlikely. Its unlikely he would have initiated a race if he wasn't in a sporty or high performance car.

HOWEVER

On the same token if you had put him in a Camaro, a Corvette, or another high performance vehicle.. likely he would have did the same thing..raced and caused the incident.

So no, its NOT the vehicle's "fault" HOWEVER ...having a vehicle more powerful than he was ready to control definitely didn't make the situation any better. It "enabled" him so to speak...and did so before he was ready to be mature enough to respect the vehicle, the road, and other people who drive on the road.

I personally feel the same way regarding guns. Guns definitely don't kill people on their own unless they malfunction, but allowing an individual who is not mentally mature enough to handle one get his hands on one, enables that individual to do things they shouldn't.
Need4Camaro is offline  
Old 05-26-2018, 08:10 PM   #56
Jsreo
 
Drives: 2017 2SS Manual
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Atlanta GA
Posts: 83
Quote:
If you draw a straight line using the liberal media logic

This statement introduced politics in the a car forum thread, you can attack folks that call BS on what you posted all you want but you cannot undo what you posted.

I agree that it is never the car (or the gun's) fault as they are just tools, but liberal or conservative points of view are not relevant to a thread about not driving like an absolute idiot & killing innocent people.
Jsreo is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.