Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-04-2018, 01:32 PM   #15
LETHAL2SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
if you have a stock 2010 SS, suspension is where I would focus first. Cradle bushings, toe rods, trailing arms, sway bars. Adding power without upgrading your suspension will get more expensive as you will break everything under the car. Headers and tune would be second on the list after suspension.
Fully stock suspension with over 600whp at the wheels here, I've beat the SHIT out of my car the last couple months since I got done with the supercharger and fuel system done. suspension IS next on the list but in no way will you "break everything under the car" without suspension mods. granted i know the limit of the stock stuff so i havent launched it at 5k or anything....
2010 Camaro 2SS-Mods: Nightfury cam, CNC ported LS3 heads, CNC ported TB, Ported Intake, RX Catch Can, MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mantic 9000 Clutch, TSP 1 7/8 headers, catless NPP, BMR trailing arms, MMR Z/28 Reps 20" gloss black. SOLD

2011 Red Jewel Tintcoat 2SS-Mods: Edlebrock E Force S/C w/ 3" pulley swap,Texas Speed roller Boost Cam 227/235, 641"/649", 114 LSA, PRC Ported Heads, Ported TB,ARH 1 7/8 headers, McLeod RST twin disk 1000 hp clutch, ZL1 Fuel Pump, 620whp
LETHAL2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 01:43 PM   #16
splashlog48

Drives: 2011 Green SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_redrum View Post
Do you work for or sponsored by RDP? I always see you pushing their stuff. I do agree though, I have a tune from DynoSteve and it is a great. Just wondering..
I don’t work for him either But I recommend him too !!
Edelbrock EForce Blower, RDP custom grind cam with upgrades,Stainless Power Headers with HighFlow Cats, Stainless Power Retro catback, DSS halfshafts, CAI brand CAI, Tuned ON the Dyno by Steve at RDP. SLP rims,All vinyl stripes removed and painted on, custom hand painted pinstriping, Custom leather seats, Lloyds mats,windows tinted, Sparks emblems, Hurst Billit shifter, and too many small items to list. VDI Scissors doors.
splashlog48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 02:07 PM   #17
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by LETHAL2SS View Post
Fully stock suspension with over 600whp at the wheels here, I've beat the SHIT out of my car the last couple months since I got done with the supercharger and fuel system done. suspension IS next on the list but in no way will you "break everything under the car" without suspension mods. granted i know the limit of the stock stuff so i havent launched it at 5k or anything....
you got to have some serious wheel hop if you are launching even a little hard. I know I did with stock suspension.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 03:01 PM   #18
krisprz2010camaross

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss/Rs Transformers
2500 buck to burn......

If I were in the same boat as you are I would start out by getting a corsa performance exhaust, pay to get it installed, and then get the windows tinted if the car is completely bone stock. If you have money leftover save it for some headers and a tune down the line or whatever you want to change (suspension, performance, etc). Or maybe get some bmr lowering springs if it’s in the budget?
Vararam intake(tune model)
Kooks LT headers & cats delete
Corsa ZL1 3" exhaust
RedBarn Racing Tune
CMS Stage 3 Cam
AFR CNC ported heads
MSD Spark plug wires
LNC-2000 Launch controller
NGK TR6 Spark Plugs
1le strut tower brace-TPIS spacers
Nick Williams 102mm throttle body
Fast lsxr 102 intake manifold
Slp 25% UDP
Katech Tensioner Pulley
Circle D 3600-3700 multi disk Stall
GM 3.91 gears
DDS carbon fiber driveshaft
ZL1 fuel pump & injectors
Flex fuel sensor(91/E85)
https://wheelwell.com/kris-perez
krisprz2010camaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 03:08 PM   #19
Silver14

Drives: 2014 SIM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno dogg View Post
So I have about 2500 extra bucks to play with and a bone stock 2010 2SS RS with 6500 miles on it.My head hurts trying to decide what mods or upgrades to buy SO,I was hoping you all could help me with some ideas.
What do you like to do with the car? The answers will vary depending on if you're into drag racing, autox, road racing, show, etc.
Silver14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 05:55 PM   #20
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Idk? Invest in Apple? You won’t be burning it LOL

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 06:22 PM   #21
rich2342

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro SS
Gimme the 2500 I will make short use of it
rich2342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 07:32 PM   #22
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno dogg View Post
So I have about 2500 extra bucks to play with and a bone stock 2010 2SS RS with 6500 miles on it.My head hurts trying to decide what mods or upgrades to buy SO,I was hoping you all could help me with some ideas.
Ok OP, lets get an idea of what you want to do with your car.

Is it going to be your daily driver still?
What are your end power goals?
Are you going to race your car?
If you're going to race your car what type of racing are you going to do? (Drag race, road course, stop light to stop light?)
How important are warranties, American made parts vs. Chinese or other countries?
Is your car a manual or an automatic?

When you answer those questions then the recommendations can be narrowed down significantly. As for a general answer, I'd recommend long tube headers, cold air intake, ported throttle body, tune, and if there's money left a catback or axle back exhaust.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 07:55 PM   #23
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
gas...lots of gas.a 7 year old camaro with only 5,000 miles on it is a crime against nature...
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 10:48 PM   #24
Talladega

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Stainless works headers + Tune from DynoSteve = about $1300
QTP cutouts about $600 Shop around deals are to be had
Cold air intake your choice of brand about $300-$400
Set of plugs and wires $120

That blows your money plus gives you a weekend in the garage.

All fun mods that you can install yourself unlike a cam. My first Gen5 i went and got a cat back system this time around I did cutouts with the stock system and love this much more.
Talladega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 08:58 PM   #25
Inferno dogg

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
daily yes,race no,hp in the 500 range,parts usa prefered,no warranty ,auto tranny
Inferno dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 11:51 PM   #26
Gasoholic

Drives: o
If you have a bone stock 2010 ss your not making 500HP.
If you want to make that much HP your going to have to do some work. And it will probably cost more than $2500.00
Personally the first thing I would do is exhaust. For 2500 you can do a complete headers, high flow cats, and intermediate sections. If you go quality stainless you wont have much left over after that. But cold air intake, and tune would be very next on the list.
Still wont get you to 500HP, but you'll be one step closer.
If you do the above and add a cam you could get to 500+ crankshaft HP. But your going to need about twice the 2500.
Now if you go cheap on the headers and pipes, say powder coated as opposed to stainless, and do the work your self, it will be close but you can probably do cam and full exhaust for 2500. Tune is going to set you back though. Don't want to cheap out on a tune.
Gasoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 07:40 AM   #27
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Long tubes, high flow cats, tune, catch can, 13w leds for DRLs cross wire to side markers, trailing arms BMR, separate clutch reservoir if ls3, or just save money and go to Livernois.
Old 05-06-2018, 02:06 PM   #28
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
DD
No race
500 rwhp
US made preferred
Don't care about warranties on parts
L99

Ok, with that list of what you have in mind, here's some options:

American made headers will cost $1,000-$1,500 and be warrantied for life. Headers in general should be on your must have mod list. Check the classifieds here for some nice gently used set of American made headers (Kooks, ARH, Stainless Works) and you can get them for about the price of the Chinese headers new.

Many companies like BMR and others for suspension make parts in the US but remember when working with the suspension, depending on what you get, your ride quality will suffer. As a DD this may not be the way you want to go, but some pieces either aren't that noticeable of a ride difference or don't change how you perceive the ride that would bother you on a DD.

To get to 500rwhp on an automatic car you're either going to have to go with forced induction or a giant cam with head work and even then you may end up just shy of 500rwhp. Power train loss SUCKS for us auto guys. When I get my cam this year I'm looking at being just ahead of my buddy with bolt ons for horsepower numbers at the wheel. I'll destroy him in a race, because the numbers are just numbers, but it is something to brag about if you're just at a show and not at the track.

For a DD car with what you're looking at, I'd recommend 1 7/8" long tube headers, ported throttle body (contact Bo White on here, he awesome at porting throttle bodies!), cold air intake, tune, and if there's money left over at minimum an axle back exhaust or catback if there's enough left in the pot. For brands, my vote is for Kooks, Bo White throttle body, Roto-fab intake (or CAI), and Solo Performance for exhaust. Happy modding!
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote