Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-29-2018, 02:32 PM   #43
TheRedhead

Drives: 2018 Red Hot ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
If you force the lt1 to stay SBE it wins. If not they can make just as much or more. In the end it’s a money game and anything can be fast with boost
That was a stock motor, stock trans factory six speed garbage stick shift car, full weight with the exception of a radiator support, adding 60 lbs with the hood, and I am fat bastard.

Car ran 10.50's.

Built!
TheRedhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 03:50 PM   #44
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedhead View Post
That was a stock motor, stock trans factory six speed garbage stick shift car, full weight with the exception of a radiator support, adding 60 lbs with the hood, and I am fat bastard.

Car ran 10.50's.
Good deal
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 01:13 AM   #45
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedhead View Post

Car ran 10.50's.
Slicks, complete fuel system, cams, E85 or race fuel, upgraded suspension, driveshaft, axles...

What kind of blower BTW? And how the hell is that hood 60 pounds heavier than the stock hood? What's it made out of? Cement?

Not knocking you or your setup. But you didn't just slap on a blower and run mid 10s.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 08:27 PM   #46
smokinzx14r

Drives: 2018 1SS
I just sold my 2015 GT A6 with a Procharger HO kit ..Pulley down one size from stock 3.70 pulley to get about 10 psi .. Sai Li twin pump Fuel system so I could run E85 ..stock axles , stock drive shaft ..A few BMR parts in the rear IRS ( wheel hop stop ) .. HP on the dyno was a bit low in my book but a dyno is just a dyno .. 660 HP .. But the car still ran 9.90s all day long with M/T 305/45/17R.. Never did the oil pump gears that some say is a must , no problems after 100s of passes ..

As far as my new Camaro I'm not sure I will put a supercharger on it , and if I did I don't think it would run as fast as my Mustang did with the same mods .. I could be wrong, hell it might go faster ..

I should add these passes below were before my BMR parts were added .. after the BMR parts I got 1.41 60s and ran 6.27 @ 111 in the 1/8 .. never did test it at the 1/4 mile with the new parts but I think is easy to say it would have run 9.80s
Attached Images

smokinzx14r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 05:54 PM   #47
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinzx14r View Post
I just sold my 2015 GT A6 with a Procharger HO kit ..Pulley down one size from stock 3.70 pulley to get about 10 psi .. Sai Li twin pump Fuel system so I could run E85 ..stock axles , stock drive shaft ..A few BMR parts in the rear IRS ( wheel hop stop ) .. HP on the dyno was a bit low in my book but a dyno is just a dyno .. 660 HP .. But the car still ran 9.90s all day long with M/T 305/45/17R.. Never did the oil pump gears that some say is a must , no problems after 100s of passes ..

As far as my new Camaro I'm not sure I will put a supercharger on it , and if I did I don't think it would run as fast as my Mustang did with the same mods .. I could be wrong, hell it might go faster ..

I should add these passes below were before my BMR parts were added .. after the BMR parts I got 1.41 60s and ran 6.27 @ 111 in the 1/8 .. never did test it at the 1/4 mile with the new parts but I think is easy to say it would have run 9.80s
Yea coyotes love boost. My friends 2017 GT auto has run low 10.3s in good air with only a Paxton, small pulley upgrade, injectors, tune, catback, full weight, and tires. 590 on the dyno.

He took his front seat out hoping for 10.2s in the fall.

Hundreds of runs, stock suspension, no problems so far.

CA6 Camaros are fast also, but agree it takes more to get there.
Old 08-06-2018, 07:51 PM   #48
TheRedhead

Drives: 2018 Red Hot ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Slicks, complete fuel system, cams, E85 or race fuel, upgraded suspension, driveshaft, axles...

What kind of blower BTW? And how the hell is that hood 60 pounds heavier than the stock hood? What's it made out of? Cement?

Not knocking you or your setup. But you didn't just slap on a blower and run mid 10s.
10.5 MT stiff sidewalls, e85, ID1000's with a VMP BAP, stock pretty much everything else.

It was a VMP Gen 1 Stage 3+. It was fiberglass compared to the stock hood. 4" Cowl Cervinis, it was heavy, we estimated about 50-60 lbs.

I basically slapped a blower on, added a tune and some corn, upgraded my tires and my control arms...and went mid 10's.

Built!
TheRedhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 01:26 PM   #49
torqueaddict

Drives: Tesla M3 LR-AWD [Former 1SS owner]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
If you force the lt1 to stay SBE it wins. If not they can make just as much or more. In the end it’s a money game and anything can be fast with boost
Yeah, it seems like it's about how much money one has to throw at a project. You can find examples of both engines over 1000 whp.

I'd rather have this:

torqueaddict is offline   Reply With Quote