Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 01-25-2024, 04:07 AM   #57
Texas1ss

Drives: 2016 1ss
My 2016 1SS didn't have a lot of the crackles and pops I've seen a lot of people going crazy over, including automotive journalists, until I hit around 80k on my 105k SS. I figured it was my mufflers really opening up after years of use, but reading these posts now I'm not so sure. Car runs good, though, and just changed the plugs and wires. No issues with performance at all.

I never really cared one way or the other honestly about that sound. I've never had a car do this in my many years of hotrodding. If my first entry into muscle cars, a '69 Mustang that I built out back in '86, would have done that my buddies would have laughed their ass off. Different times for sure.

Happening excessive I would care now on my 1SS, but every now and then engine braking in my M6 I do it just for a laugh.

But to each his/her own. Some love it, some hate it, and I fall in between. Hey, if people love fart cans in their imports, which I think is ridiculous, there's room for us Camaro owners to make some noise IMO.
Texas1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 10:16 AM   #58
speedyink1

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS 1LE 6MT
Still less obnoxious then the current Mustangs (which you know damn well GM was trying to "compete" with)

I think GMs for the most part is tasteful, but can be a bit on the obnoxious side at times when you get some really loud ones.
speedyink1 is offline   Reply With Quote