Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-18-2017, 08:21 AM   #1
wired1

Drives: 2014 Jeep SRT/2017 ZL1
New Guy with ?

Hi everyone congrats on all that have and are waiting on this spectacular car. I am currently awaiting my white/manual/sunroof/nav order placed over a month ago and afraid to even look at were it is in production and are hoping I get a call any-day saying its in route to dealer.

My last and current car were both SRT vehicles(08' Charger and 14' Jeep) and am converting back to GM not due to any issues but more for the next step up in awesome performance of the ZL1 and my children both can now finally drive so a backseat/4 door sports vehicle is not as important as it used to be.

My question for those who have car: Does the car automatically revert back to Tour mode after shutdown or does it stay in the mode you last left it? This was really the only gripe I had with both SRT's as they both reset back to to Auto mode upon shut off of car whether I left it in either sport or track modes. I love just leaving my vehicle in track mode as they are not my daily driver and it seems the ZL1 is a little more complicated scrolling through dash every time I start the car other than just having to turn the console dial on the SRT?
wired1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 08:26 AM   #2
Infern0
Bring It

Drives: In Between
Quote:
Originally Posted by wired1 View Post
Hi everyone congrats on all that have and are waiting on this spectacular car. I am currently awaiting my white/manual/sunroof/nav order placed over a month ago and afraid to even look at were it is in production and are hoping I get a call any-day saying its in route to dealer.

My last and current car were both SRT vehicles(08' Charger and 14' Jeep) and am converting back to GM not due to any issues but more for the next step up in awesome performance of the ZL1 and my children both can now finally drive so a backseat/4 door sports vehicle is not as important as it used to be.

My question for those who have car: Does the car automatically revert back to Tour mode after shutdown or does it stay in the mode you last left it? This was really the only gripe I had with both SRT's as they both reset back to to Auto mode upon shut off of car whether I left it in either sport or track modes. I love just leaving my vehicle in track mode as they are not my daily driver and it seems the ZL1 is a little more complicated scrolling through dash every time I start the car other than just having to turn the console dial on the SRT?

I've left mine in Sport and it stays that way. Not sure if track mode would be any different.

Though back to your first comment, if you haven't checked your order status since placing it you may be unpleasantly surprised given all the TPW change threads that have popped up. Definitely check that out. Go to the order section and post to there to get an official status.

2017 Camaro ZL1 M6 - Everything but the sunroof - Sold

2010 Camaro SS - 650RWHP Daily Driver - Traded
Infern0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 09:58 AM   #3
GoneBoy

Drives: '17 ZL1
Congrats on your order.

If you shut the car off in track mode, it does revert back to tour mode once you started up.
GoneBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 10:50 AM   #4
DDP98

Drives: 2017 ZL1
It will stay in whatever mode you leave it in. The only thing that does not stay is the Rev Match setting, but of course that's only with manual transmission cars. You have to turn that on every time you start the car.
01/16/2017 - TPW
1/18/2017 - 4200
1/302017 - Delivered
DDP98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 11:34 AM   #5
wired1

so far its 2 it stays in mode it was left to 1 it reverts back to tour, now I'm more confused.....
Old 03-18-2017, 11:47 AM   #6
triple675R

Drives: Camaro SS 2016
I just tested it on my 2SS and it stays in the mode I left it in except for "Track." If you leave it in "Track" mode, when you restart it, it will switch to "Tour." If you turn off stability control or traction control it will be on the next time you restart the car. You can change specific settings independently on your touch screen that will remain after shutdown or even if you switch to a different mode. I have the steering set to "sport" so it's heavier than tour but lighter than track and it remains that way regardless of Mode selected and stays that way after shut down and start up. You can do the same with the exhaust sound level and suspension. Of course the ZL1 might be different

Last edited by triple675R; 03-18-2017 at 11:57 AM.
triple675R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 11:54 AM   #7
KLR ZL1
H-Town Camaro Club Member

Drives: 17 Hyper Blue Metallic KLR-ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by wired1 View Post

With you wanting a M6 you should be able to find one on a lot and not have to wait at all. The M6s have been sitting on lots for months now and you should be able to get a good deal also.
Old 03-18-2017, 12:44 PM   #8
17CamaroZL1
Life's Short, Live Fast!

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue A10 ZL1
Well, I thought it stayed in whatever mode you left it in, but with a couple saying it goes to tour if left in track, I'll have to check that out. I normally drive mine in sport. It's very easy to change the setting. There's a mode button by the shifter that you can toggle up or down to quickly go from one mode to the next. It's only if you customize the settings such as leaving the exhaust in Track Mode all the time, that you have to go into the settings in MyLink.
Life's Short, Live Fast! https://youtu.be/rTUv2p4T7OA 10.94 at 128 mph, 11.13 at 127mph 870 DA, https://youtu.be/e_X_LcpFp50 11.19 at 127mph 1100 DA, https://youtu.be/OXQiCQdQuH4 11.40 at 125mph 1800 DA
https://youtu.be/uWba1qs8M6Q 11.52 at 123mph 3500 DA
TZQPHG '17 ZL1 HBM|A10|Nav|PDR|CFW Hood|ZL1 Mats

12/26/2016 Ordered!
2/8/2017 Built!!
3/2/2017 Brought Home!!!
17CamaroZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 01:07 PM   #9
fighting irish
The Doctor is in

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Nightfall MRC NPP
If you leave it in sport or tour, it will stay that way. Track and snow/ice both revert back to tour. Also rev matching defaults to off, likely for fuel economy reasons. None of these can be changed afaik. You can, however, change the settings for exhaust, steering, and suspension to not change based on the mode you are in (if you want). For example, I have my exhaust set to "Track" all the time, no matter what mode I am in.
fighting irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 01:09 PM   #10
wired1

Awesome thx all for your input!