Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 02-16-2015, 09:58 AM   #1
frack

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange SS
Service Stabiltrak after Header install No, No!

ave an appointment at the Chevy Dealer in the morning. They are going to reset the steering angle sensor. I replaced the clock spring and the airbag works, but service stabilitrak light comes on if I turn wheel to the right more than 3/4 of a turn. Also there still is a strange noise or grinding just before the light comes on. Almost like the steering knuckle or something in the steering is catching something. Me and my friends have checked 100 times and there is absolutely no way the knuckle or any part of the steering column is touching anything. The noise is there and you kinda of feel it resonate through the brake pedal. I got underneath car and checked for anything that might be binding or catching something. Even check the drive shaft. NOTHING.

THIS WILL ONLY HAPPEN AFTER THE CAR SITS FOR A FEW MINUTES AND THERE IS NO SERVICE STABILITRAK OR TC LIGHTS ON. Back out and turn wheel almost 3/4 of a turn and you will feel(hear) this grind. Then it stops even if you pull forward and back up again it will not repeat. Pull forward with wheels straight shut car down for 3 minutes. Back up, turn wheel to right or pull forward and make hard turn left or right and it will repeat!!!! Anyone have any idea what the hell is going on? I am hoping this just related to the clockspring and angle sensor.
frack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 09:00 AM   #2
frack

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange SS
So took it to the dealer today. They reset yaw sensor and all is good. Cost me $25 because I voided my warranty! I had already replaced the clock spring myself, so he said that saved me about $190.
frack is offline   Reply With Quote