Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-05-2010, 01:48 AM   #15
sspaul

Drives: 2010 ss camaro, imperial blue
Send a message via AIM to sspaul Send a message via Yahoo to sspaul
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRSB View Post
This type of response gets thrown out a lot on this forum. One, it does not help the OP and, two, some people like living in California. I do.
first off i was just joking. second good for you for loving california, third i was saying tha b/c california is a tough state when it comes to doing shit for a car, their are too many emision laws and epa regulations in that state.
www.twitter.com/1djchampagne
mods: borla long tube headers, borla atak catback, lingenfelter gt-9 cam, ported heads, ecs base kit running 11 psi on top end, 1" bmr drop spring, aam 3.70 gears, ported throttle body, 160* thermorstat, lethal racing tune

750/641 rwhp/rwtq
sspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 02:03 AM   #16
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Drives: R6P 1SS/RS BLK/L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspaul View Post
first off i was just joking. second good for you for loving california, third i was saying tha b/c california is a tough state when it comes to doing shit for a car, their are too many emision laws and epa regulations in that state.
Here are three things I about California:

1...The Weather ~

2...The Land ~

3...Uh, wait a minute, let me try that again.

-------------------------------------------

1...The Weather ~

2...The Land ~

3...Damn! I guess there's only two?! (Maybe it is time to move....)

~ Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just, And this be our motto, "In God is our trust." And the Star Spangled Banner in triumph shall wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave ~ Francis Scott Key ~
SScattergunSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 04:06 AM   #17
sspaul

Drives: 2010 ss camaro, imperial blue
Send a message via AIM to sspaul Send a message via Yahoo to sspaul
Quote:
Originally Posted by SScattergunSS View Post
Here are three things I about California:

1...The Weather ~

2...The Land ~

3...Uh, wait a minute, let me try that again.

-------------------------------------------

1...The Weather ~

2...The Land ~

3...Damn! I guess there's only two?! (Maybe it is time to move....)

:
www.twitter.com/1djchampagne
mods: borla long tube headers, borla atak catback, lingenfelter gt-9 cam, ported heads, ecs base kit running 11 psi on top end, 1" bmr drop spring, aam 3.70 gears, ported throttle body, 160* thermorstat, lethal racing tune

750/641 rwhp/rwtq
sspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 01:59 PM   #18
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rj600 View Post
If you get pulled over, most cops won't know what is stock or not, even then, I believe each infraction is only a $10 fix-it ticket.
Unfortunately, this is a thing of the past. If you get a "fix-it" ticket, you now have to pay the entire fine in addition to getting it signed off. Got to love a state that doesn't know how to budget.

Shorty headers are pretty much a waste of money on this car unless your adding way more than just exhaust and a CAI. Even most S/C don't see enough gains from the headers to justify the cost and installation headache.

Most of the CAI's on the market WILL NOT get C.A.R.B. #'s due to them removing the carbon filter. I believe there is only 1 company that makes a sealed box that COULD POSSIBLY get a C.A.R.B. #. Like others have said, keep you OEM airbox for your trip to the smog station in 6 years.

As far as exhaust goes, get a good cat back. LMII is a good one, but you can get something a bit louder from JBA for a little less $$$. That is what I'm running and love it.

Stop by the California Regional fourm. This topic has been covered in detail and is always getting updated.
Old 05-05-2010, 02:10 PM   #19
brandotron
I am the internets.

Drives: dangerously
Look 'dis:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78617

The button is your friend.

Tags
bolt-on, camaro, fast, mods, power