Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-02-2021, 04:45 PM   #1
Alex_Bumblebee

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro
NEED HELP BAD PROBLEMS

Hey guys so i had my car with headers only no tune stock intake and everything and i had check engine because of no oxygen sensors. I installed an intake from JLT and then the car started to misfire not run correctly at idle. It sounded like i had a cam. So i bought all new spark plugs installed them and still the car was running weird. It pops a lot dumping fuel. The car doesnt shift right. So it is still misfiring. the car feels almost impossible to drive. Any suggestions thanks.
Alex_Bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 05:15 PM   #2
Clarkstar

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Make sure there's no leaks in the cai you put on. Make sure the maf is plugged in. If that all looks good then you need a tune. I'd put your old intake on until you can get a tune.
2013 1le- Katech 416 short block, TSP custom grind cam, LOD intake, cnc heads by F.ED., Nick William's 102mm T.B., CORN fed, Pedders coilovers. Performance street alingnment by Justin at Lake Country Alignment and dyno tune by Late Model Throttle.

603 h.p. 495 ft lbs tq.
Clarkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 06:27 PM   #3
hunter1660

Drives: 2011ss/rs camaro
Sucking air somewhere or maf not connected. Check all your intake connections. Headers and no tune won’t cause your problem...everything points to intake install...
Old 05-02-2021, 11:14 PM   #4
Badbubba
GrINned & JUICEd

Drives: 15STI, 10Expy, 10 2SS/RS M6, 47KB1
It's been stated that headers with no tune will cause a rich condition. Is the JLT a no tune? The maf most likely is not reading the air correctly, due to the new location and air flow. And is the clean side of the pvc now connected to the new intake? I'm guessing the JLT is just a cold air intake.
GPI SS3 Cam & stuff,N.O. Plate(dedicated fuel tank,progressive,fuel hose upgrade,remote opener,heater,console switches),LNC2000,CTAP,ARH 1 7/8" LTs/gutted cats/X pipe/mufflers,Jet Hot coated LTs,GPI HPT Tune,CAI, Scoop,Rx Catch Can,Gates heater hose relocation, Remote clutch & auto brake res,Metco loop,Momentum Tunnel Brace,TSW Nurb 18",555 & 05,Pfadt trailing arms & toe rods,Autometer WB,Fesler Pillar Pod,LED strips (int),Lloyds floor & trunk mats,LED DRL/front turn & license plate,DRL harness,VLEDs tail lights,Plasticoat Bowties. Ord: Oct 5, 2009 Rec: Nov 19, 2009 13.17@112.6 stock
Badbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 11:52 PM   #5
Alex_Bumblebee

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter1660 View Post
Sucking air somewhere or maf not connected. Check all your intake connections. Headers and no tune won’t cause your problem...everything points to intake install...
I bought the intake off of some and it came with everything but I do not know what pvc is.
Old 05-03-2021, 12:16 AM   #6
Alex_Bumblebee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbubba View Post
It's been stated that headers with no tune will cause a rich condition. Is the JLT a no tune? The maf most likely is not reading the air correctly, due to the new location and air flow. And is the clean side of the pvc now connected to the new intake? I'm guessing the JLT is just a cold air intake.
What do you mean by clean side
Old 05-03-2021, 07:16 AM   #7
Badbubba
GrINned & JUICEd

Drives: 15STI, 10Expy, 10 2SS/RS M6, 47KB1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_Bumblebee View Post
What do you mean by clean side
There should be a port/nipple, on the intake tube. That supplies fresh, clean air for the pvc system. PCV, positive crankcase ventilation. There is another tube that connects to the intake manifold from the "engine" that is located behind the throttle body. That is the dirty side. To put it simply, there is vacuum in the intake manifold caused by the pistons on the intake stroke. Thus clean air is sucked in from the intake tube, through the crankcase, which picks up any water vapor/blow by/oil vapor/etc., out through the dirty side, into the intake manifold and then burned in the cylinders. I'm not familiar with that intake, but it should have a nipple on it to connect the clean side tube. Should be about 3/8" id. If that wasn't connected or connected well, it could cause issues. What model Camaro?
GPI SS3 Cam & stuff,N.O. Plate(dedicated fuel tank,progressive,fuel hose upgrade,remote opener,heater,console switches),LNC2000,CTAP,ARH 1 7/8" LTs/gutted cats/X pipe/mufflers,Jet Hot coated LTs,GPI HPT Tune,CAI, Scoop,Rx Catch Can,Gates heater hose relocation, Remote clutch & auto brake res,Metco loop,Momentum Tunnel Brace,TSW Nurb 18",555 & 05,Pfadt trailing arms & toe rods,Autometer WB,Fesler Pillar Pod,LED strips (int),Lloyds floor & trunk mats,LED DRL/front turn & license plate,DRL harness,VLEDs tail lights,Plasticoat Bowties. Ord: Oct 5, 2009 Rec: Nov 19, 2009 13.17@112.6 stock
Badbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 11:02 AM   #8
Alex_Bumblebee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbubba View Post
There should be a port/nipple, on the intake tube. That supplies fresh, clean air for the pvc system. PCV, positive crankcase ventilation. There is another tube that connects to the intake manifold from the "engine" that is located behind the throttle body. That is the dirty side. To put it simply, there is vacuum in the intake manifold caused by the pistons on the intake stroke. Thus clean air is sucked in from the intake tube, through the crankcase, which picks up any water vapor/blow by/oil vapor/etc., out through the dirty side, into the intake manifold and then burned in the cylinders. I'm not familiar with that intake, but it should have a nipple on it to connect the clean side tube. Should be about 3/8" id. If that wasn't connected or connected well, it could cause issues. What model Camaro?
2012 2ss and i also put clamps on that hosing because i bought 1/2 inch hosing and i tightened the clamps all the way
Old 05-03-2021, 12:02 PM   #9
Greenhornet2

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS LS3 Whipple
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_Bumblebee View Post
Hey guys so i had my car with headers only no tune stock intake and everything and i had check engine because of no oxygen sensors. I installed an intake from JLT and then the car started to misfire not run correctly at idle. It sounded like i had a cam. So i bought all new spark plugs installed them and still the car was running weird. It pops a lot dumping fuel. The car doesnt shift right. So it is still misfiring. the car feels almost impossible to drive. Any suggestions thanks.
What do you mean no oxygen sensors? Is your check engine light on now? What codes? How was it running before you put the intake on?
Whipple 2.9 CAI ID1050x injectors ZL1 Pump JRE FPCM JMS Voltage booster JRE Rough Idle blower cam BTR .660 springs CHE trunnion kit 1 7/8 Speed Engineering Borla Atak JRE scoop 1.5" lowering springs BMR trailing arms and toe links Cradle inserts 704WHP 603WTQ 93 octane
Greenhornet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 01:08 PM   #10
Alex_Bumblebee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenhornet2 View Post
What do you mean no oxygen sensors? Is your check engine light on now? What codes? How was it running before you put the intake on?
Yea I am catless and I do have check engine but that has nothing to do with it the car was running fine. I installed an intake and now it does not idle right of shift right. It is popping a lot dumping fuel. JLT intake.
Old 05-03-2021, 01:33 PM   #11
Clarkstar

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Some models of JLT intakes require a tune....

Put your other one back on and see what happens
2013 1le- Katech 416 short block, TSP custom grind cam, LOD intake, cnc heads by F.ED., Nick William's 102mm T.B., CORN fed, Pedders coilovers. Performance street alingnment by Justin at Lake Country Alignment and dyno tune by Late Model Throttle.

603 h.p. 495 ft lbs tq.
Clarkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 01:45 PM   #12
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Your car started to misfire when you placed the JLT intake on it. Remove it and go back to stock when it was running fine. Voila!

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote