Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - Southeast

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-21-2018, 06:42 AM   #1
JayhawkSS1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
ATL Service: Jim Ellis or AutoNation Northpoint?

Anyone have experience knowing if either of these dealer service centers will have any concerns with a Borla 60606 mid-pipe (secondary car delete)?

Anyone have feedback on their respective “mod friendliness”?

Thanks
Old 02-02-2018, 10:25 PM   #2
HYPER1LE

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE HBM
Hey JayhawkSS1LE,

Seeing that you live in Woodstock, you got me wondering if that was you that came up behind on Bells Ferry near Robin Rd one night not long ago.

Anyway, to sort of answer you're question, I would steer clear of Day's Chevrolet in Acworth (there's a service rep there I get bad vibes from due to his body language) and especially Carl Black in Kennesaw. This past week I went by Carl Black where in the past few months I have paid them nearly $1,400 in labor installing GM Camaro accessory appearance mods. I wanted to see if a slight rear bumper alignment could be corrected (not collision damage). They saw my Oracle side markers and questioned coverage under warranty because my car had been "modified" in that area. Though I explained the slight misalignment had nothing to do with taking a marker off and re-inserting it or another would cause the gap (came that way upon delivery), they got back with me 24 hours later and said coverage denied because of this modification. Pisses me off. As for Jim Ellis, I have taken some vehicles I have owned to them for service but they were either unmodded or after warranty expiration if modded. I have no idea how they would react at Jim Ellis. I have not ever gone for service at AutoNation in Alpharetta though my wife has taken our unmodified Equinox there once. So, sorry, I don't know anything about them either.

I bought my car from Hendrick in Duluth. I was told by the finance manager that Rick Hendrick is mod-friendly for mild, bolt-on mods (go figure - NASCAR teams owner). The service manager told me the same when I was introduced by to him by my salesman. Said they would even install headers for me. But, without a tune to realize maximum benefit, I won't do this there anyway. I know it's a bit of a drive for us considering where we live, but I felt good about what I was told. I'm going to have to trek over there anyway for the 6 oil changes that came with my purchase (already used the 1st two free ones from Chevy). Call first and speak to the service manager to ask. Refrain from giving your VIN until you feel comfortable taking it to them just to be on the safe side but I feel you should be okay.

Lastly, your aftermarket exhaust work shouldn't have any negative effect on warranty work no matter where you take it since the secondary cats are not emission-controlled and you haven't tapped into the power train. Any CEL's you might have (if this is ultimately why you are asking in this thread in the 1st place) shouldn't be the cause. Those other dealers I mentioned just give me the impression that they will be difficult to deal with while Hendrick will be okay with your exhaust mod.

Hope you find this helpful. Hopefully we can meet up someday as well. PM me if you like.

Regards,
Larry
HYPER1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 07:37 PM   #3
asthmamax11

Drives: 1SS Summit White 6 speed
Depends on what kind of work you're having done.
Jim Ellis has been amazing to me all around good service
Solo Performance Cat deletes and Axleback
Hurst short shifter
#'s coming soon

Riaction coilovers
1LE sway bars
BMR mm
BMR chassis brace

Flow one 19" wheels wrapped in Mickey Thompsons

02 Z28 M6 35th anniversary
80k miles
T-tops
Leather
Bolt ons
Joy to drive this classic every day!
Daily Driver
asthmamax11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 05:14 PM   #4
DragRacerX

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 HBM & 2012 2SS M6 IBM
I bought my 2010 2SS/RS & traded it in on my 2012 2SS/RS at North Point AutoNation. The 2010 was fairly stock. However, the 2012 was modified quite a bit (see it's mods below). I never had any problems with service there. In fact I would rate them a 9-9.5 on a 10 scale. My only problem with them now is they are too far away. Before I retired, they were near my office.
Vengeance Racing VRPD-2 Cam Kit, ZL1 Fuel Pump, Injector Dynamics ID850 Injectors, Forced Induction Interchiller,
Cold Air Inductions CAI, BBK 40210 LT Headers & Free Flow Cats, MBRP S7022409 T409-Stainless Steel
3" Dual Cat Back Exhaust System, Lingenfelter ZR1 Dual Disc Clutch Kit, ZL1 Brake Kit Rotors & Calipers
628 RWHP/596 RWTQ / A.C.E.5
DragRacerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 08:42 AM   #5
WCKD 1LE

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
I know this is an old thread but get your work done at Hardy, in Dallas Ga.
The service manager has a ZL1 and track's it so he and the master techs who mostly have corvette's know what they are doing.
WCKD 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote