Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Z/28 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 05-19-2016, 10:17 AM   #15
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Yeah, in all these videos there is no definitive whine. There will be plenty of whining if it turns out to be an FI Z28 though. HAHA
Old 05-19-2016, 10:23 AM   #16
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
There will be plenty of whining if it turns out to be an FI Z28 though. HAHA

I'm still hoping it's a rotary diesel motor.
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 10:55 AM   #17
Raven87
C'mon- really?

Drives: Looking for a ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor142 View Post
Ya know....it's so much fun s*%# talking and speculating on this car I ALMOST don't want them to release it.
Best
Comment
Ever!
2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE Black #3805 - SOLD
Raven87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 10:57 AM   #18
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Posaune View Post
@1:28 you hear the driver go WOT exiting the turn, no whine sound at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
You are only likely to hear supercharger whine when the car is accelerating towards the camera.

You WON'T hear it as the car accelerates away, decelerates towards you, and only a chance to hear it from the side view...even the ZL1 videos don't have much blower whine unless under these circumstances...
Correct. Here's a little blower whine 101 for some of you guys who don't get it. Kenne Bell Cobras are some of the loudest screaming S/C's I have ever heard. However, you can clearly tell in this video it is almost impossible to hear a S/C unless the car is under heavy acceleration and heading towards the camera or directly beside you. You will never hear S/C whine over the exhaust when the car is driving away from you.

https://youtu.be/87n8jhVO784?t=57

Quote:
Ya know....it's so much fun s*%# talking and speculating on this car I ALMOST don't want them to release it.
I agree this is pretty entertaining. Helps to pass the time. HAHA!
Old 05-19-2016, 11:01 AM   #19
Jeffro19

Drives: 2018 ZL1 6M, Silverado High Country
Quote:
Haha you got that right!

Current Vehicles - 2018 ZL1 Red Hot 6 spd manual, Carbon Hood, Sunroof
2019 Silverado High Country, Daily Driver
Jeffro19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 11:04 AM   #20
Raven87
C'mon- really?

I gotta tell you, the ONLY whining I hear is from the guys who claim they hear SC whine.

Like I said before, I don't care one way or another if it is FI or not.

But I'm sure it's not.
Old 05-19-2016, 11:05 AM   #21
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
If we were going to hear blower whine, it would have been the first clip. The ZL1 clearly had blower whine running down the same section of the track.
I will admit I was a bit stumped that it didn't whine in the first clip. Although he was accelerating perhaps he wasn't full throttle and that was the reason we didn't hear a noticeable whine.
Old 05-19-2016, 11:07 AM   #22
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
Ok, here is my 2010 Camaro SS, manual, with a Magnuson TVS2300 with their "stock" pulley size for that car coming out of Turn 14 at Road America, on its own..

So, you can hear the full thing, w/o interruption and on its own from low power, to WOT, coming at the camera, then passing by and exhaust.

Around 7-8s you'd hear me roll in to the throttle and a split second later will hear the blower whining up.

Maggy's aren't exactly known for being a loud SC as many people wanted to switch to cog drive just to hear something.

I know it's not the same car, but, it's similar enough conditions:

HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 11:12 AM   #23
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjk3888 View Post
Correct. Here's a little blower whine 101 for some of you guys who don't get it. Kenne Bell Cobras are some of the loudest screaming S/C's I have ever heard. However, you can clearly tell in this video it is almost impossible to hear a S/C unless the car is under heavy acceleration and heading towards the camera or directly beside you. You will never hear S/C whine over the exhaust when the car is driving away from you.
You want to make it more complicated? Introduce the concept of the doppler effect. As a vehicle travels towards you, sounds seem higher pitched. As it travels away from you, the pitch is lower.

Low enough to blend the tone of the supercharger in with the loud exhaust. And high enough to make it obvious while the car is headed in your direction.

This car does not appear to give off any high-pitched noises in the new video. And you can even hear the active rev matching working...so...I'm changing my tune: I believe this car is naturally aspirated.
Old 05-19-2016, 11:19 AM   #24
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanWiki View Post
Ok, here is my 2010 Camaro SS, manual, with a Magnuson TVS2300 with their "stock" pulley size for that car coming out of Turn 14 at Road America, on its own..

So, you can hear the full thing, w/o interruption and on its own from low power, to WOT, coming at the camera, then passing by and exhaust.

Around 7-8s you'd hear me roll in to the throttle and a split second later will hear the blower whining up.

Maggy's aren't exactly known for being a loud SC as many people wanted to switch to cog drive just to hear something.

I know it's not the same car, but, it's similar enough conditions:

Here's a thread of an early ZL1 ring video - we are getting the same results from these, some hear it, some don't. I am not as certain, but I did hear a very similar whine I heard in the video in thread below...can't say for sure, but i'm leaning towards it is an S/C motor in the Z/28, but for sure we won't have any consensus - will have to wait for GM to tell us.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=423543
Old 05-19-2016, 11:19 AM   #25
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
The first video I though I heard whine at 34 seconds. This video, didn't hear a thing...Whatever it is it sounds bad ass though
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 11:19 AM   #26
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
You want to make it more complicated? Introduce the concept of the doppler effect. As a vehicle travels towards you, sounds seem higher pitched. As it travels away from you, the pitch is lower.

Low enough to blend the tone of the supercharger in with the loud exhaust. And high enough to make it obvious while the car is headed in your direction.

This car does not appear to give off any high-pitched noises in the new video. And you can even hear the active rev matching working...so...I'm changing my tune: I believe this car is naturally aspirated.
That was a long time coming, glad you came a round to the truth, LOL.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 11:23 AM   #27
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
That was a long time coming, glad you came a round to the truth, LOL.
I still maintain that I heard blower whine in the first couple of videos. But it was so inconsistent, nor were the camera angles that great, that I wasn't sure.

Now I'm sure: No whine.
Old 05-19-2016, 11:25 AM   #28
Raven87
C'mon- really?

Quote:
I still maintain that I heard blower whine in the first couple of videos. But it was so inconsistent, nor were the camera angles that great, that I wasn't sure.

Now I'm sure: No whine.