Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Transmissions

AWE Tuning

Old 11-30-2021, 12:37 AM   #1
714camaro

Drives: Chevy Camaro 2SS
A8 Trans Help w/ Data Log

I have a 2016 camaro ss with the a8 trans. I daily the car and the past couple months it has started to shift poorly. Whether I'm in auto or manual mode it feels like the car has very loose and weak shifts. It feels like it takes the transmission a second to actually lock into gear and put the power down. No dtc or dash lights.

It used to shift much faster and more firm.

When rolling onto the throttle from a stop the shifts actually feel a bit clunky and slow. When Im WOT it shifts better but still feels like theres some kind of slipping going on before locking into gear.

my car is supercharged and I used to do pulls against my buddies hellcat and it would be neck and neck most of the time but now when we race, during the shift points I fall behind quick.

I have stayed up to date on trans fluid changes as well but saw that GM has a service bulletin for the fluid since I last changed it.

Does anyone else experience the same thing?
Does anybody have any recommendations I could try to fix the issue?

*UPDATE*
Here is a youtube link to my data log. I'm not really sure if I added the correct parameters but I added in what I thought might help. It was a 5 minute drive around town that was logged. I am going to post another tomorrow of a WOT pull with a few other parameters added. Thank you everyone who has chimed in and been patient along the way.

https://youtu.be/h8vQvgITeBo

Last edited by 714camaro; 12-02-2021 at 11:48 PM.
714camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 10:45 AM   #2
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Without data logs it is a guessing game. The car is modded so it could be a trans issue if it wasn't tuned correctly. Or it could be torque management making it feel like the trans is the problem. Or it could be a tune issue that that needs fixed.

1) How long have you had the supercharger and what setup is it?

2) What kind of tune? Supplied canned tune or Custom?

3) Do you have HPtuners?
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 03:19 PM   #3
714camaro

Thanks for the reply.

The car has been supercharged for about 10,000 miles.

It is an LT4 blower setup build and tuned at Red Barn racing in Temecula, CA

I do in fact have hp tuners

Last edited by 714camaro; 12-02-2021 at 10:51 PM.
Old 11-30-2021, 04:33 PM   #4
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by 714camaro View Post
Thanks for the reply.

The car has been supercharged for about 10,000 miles.

It is an LT4 blower setup build and tuned by Michael Franz at red barn racing.

I do in fact have hp tuners
Do you have data logs of when the issue occurs?
Old 11-30-2021, 09:02 PM   #5
714camaro

I don't have any data logs. I have only used my hp tuners for an old tune i used to have on the car.

Not sure how to record data but im sure its something youtube can help me out with.

Ill get this updated with some data logs showing the issue.
Old 12-02-2021, 08:38 AM   #6
cjperformance

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 50th Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by 714camaro View Post
When opening up VCM scanner for the first time, the log is filled with default channels. Will leaving it as it record all the data I need?
Short answer, likely not. Unfortunately I'm not qualified to say what WOULD be required as I am just starting with tuning myself, and not super familiar with all the possibilities.

My recommendation would be to start posting as much information as you can here, show logs and screenshots. I've found the folks on this forum very helpful, but you'll have to start the conversations rolling with some data. If you dont know what's required, start by posting what you DO have in the default, and I think folks might start chiming in

For starters, just go through the available logging params, and select anything that looks relevant. May require some learning on your part how to use HPTuners, but I've found digging in and learning to be the most appealing part, and satisfying too if you are able to find the answers yourself... with help from others.
cjperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 03:04 PM   #7
714camaro

Thank you all for the help. I’m learning along the way and will have a data log up ASAP. Ill go through the parameters myself and add in what I know and get that posted as a start.
Old 12-02-2021, 10:43 PM   #8
714camaro

*UPDATE*
Here is a youtube link to my data log. I'm not really sure if I added the correct parameters but I added in what I thought might help. It was a 5 minute drive around town that was logged. I am going to post another tomorrow of a WOT pull with a few other parameters added. Thank you everyone who has chimed in and been patient along the way.

https://youtu.be/h8vQvgITeBo

Last edited by 714camaro; 12-02-2021 at 11:47 PM.
Old 12-03-2021, 09:37 AM   #9
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
You have a issue on bank 2....your o2 sensor is not switching properly and your fuel trim on that bank goes way positive on decel. The car needs looked over mechanically... It also goes into open loop way to easy. Your entering PE mode at 30-40% throttle under 3k rpm so the ECU is fueling the engine like a wide open throttle pull. On Forced Induction you do want PE open loop mode to activate earlier then NA but this is excessive. Moral of the story is that your trans is likely not behaving correctly because of issues on the engine side.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote