Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Phastek Performance

Old 12-01-2021, 10:30 AM   #15
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msquared View Post
avoid the run-flats because they tend to ride harshly and whoever has to mount your tires will probably hate you and pour sugar in your gas tank.
My tire shop complained about difficulty removing them.
I'm happier in so many ways with the all-seasons.

With all the liability related to tire problems, I don't understand why any manufacturer would deliver a car with summer-only tires.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 05:16 PM   #16
Vaska

Drives: On Hiatus
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrlz View Post
My tire shop complained about difficulty removing them.
I'm happier in so many ways with the all-seasons.

With all the liability related to tire problems, I don't understand why any manufacturer would deliver a car with summer-only tires.
How about we make people accountable for their stupidity like purchasing a 455+ hp muscle car and not knowing the temp/season limits of tires. Most insurance companies won’t cover accidents in poor weather if they see tires not rated for it.
Vaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 10:02 AM   #17
Spaceme1117

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS, 2011 Corvette GS
Update:

Got the Continental DWS06+'s installed. Ride quality is way better now versus the Goodyear runflats.

Had the tires installed at a Discount Tire. I was in and out in only 30 minutes and they did the job right with no scratches or marks on my wheels. Best tire buying experience I have ever had.
Spaceme1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 10:51 AM   #18
Allez

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceme1117 View Post
Update:

Got the Continental DWS06+'s installed. Ride quality is way better now versus the Goodyear runflats.

Had the tires installed at a Discount Tire. I was in and out in only 30 minutes and they did the job right with no scratches or marks on my wheels. Best tire buying experience I have ever had.
Good to hear - mine just got shipped. Unfortunately no Discount Tires where I am.
Allez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 10:55 AM   #19
flyinmach1

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS Riverside Blue
The original Les Schwab Tire store is gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrlz View Post
Growing up and living in the Pacific NW region all my life, I forget not everyone knows about Les Schwab Tires. Used to be the go to back in the good ole days, but now that its been bought out by Meritage I don't think it'll ever be the same. Tire siping has been their go to standard for well over 30 years that I can recall anyway. Seemed like everyone in my small home town bought tires from Les Schwab, and 99% of them had siped tires too!
flyinmach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 10:58 AM   #20
flyinmach1

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS Riverside Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceme1117 View Post
Update:

Glad you went with the DWS+ and are happy. Mostly because my next set will be exactly the same, mounted on the stock SS wheels. I'll run my PS4S on 1LE wheels for summer only too. Perfect set of rotation between all the seasons IMO. Of course, I don't drive my car in snow/ice, it stays in the garage where its less likely to encounter scary drivers!
flyinmach1 is offline   Reply With Quote