#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-30-2021, 10:13 PM   #15
Wuiquen

Drives: 2018 Hot Red ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitereality View Post
Also in notes I request no logo when I ordered. Planned on leaving blank, but other day has a few minutes so added my own logo in satin black. No one will ever notice it.
Is that logo a vinyl sticker? Looks good man... Do the tips not love at all? Did you cut the stock tips with the muffler son the car?

I really like the finish and the look of these tips..

Your car looks awesome btw

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
Old 12-01-2021, 06:25 AM   #16
infinitereality
Limitless Imagination

Drives: 2018 ZL1 & 2022 Hayabusa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuiquen View Post
Is that logo a vinyl sticker? Looks good man... Do the tips not love at all? Did you cut the stock tips with the muffler son the car?

I really like the finish and the look of these tips..

Your car looks awesome btw

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
Thank you! Yep just a typical vinyl sticker on them, more for kicks than anything.

I think you meant do the tips not move at all? They don't budge if so, fitment is spot on in OEM location, even though OD of outlets is just a tad larger than stock tips.

Originally I expected I would be able to get the muffler dropped enough where I could grind the top spot welds with air tool or Dremel if needed to just remove the tips and leave a little extra pipe for these. In the end I couldn't get it low enough by removing the 2 front and 2 rear hangers so did some measuring to confirm and put a sawzall on the tips. There was exactly enough where the new tips slid on. I just used the included clamps to secure/align.

Knowing what I know now about best to cut stock tips, they could be installed in under 30min from time tools come out till they get put back up.

I've had them on a month or so and no issues, only regret is not installing them sooner. Kinda odd to say, but I like these Chinese carbon fiber tips better than any tip offered on aftermarket exhaust.
- RotoFab Dry, Forgestar CF5V (ZLE Spec), Eibach Pro, AeroForce Interceptor, GT4 Tow Hook
- Carbon Fiber (Satin): Radio, Shifter, Steering Wheel Controls, Shifter Top, AC Vents, Side Mirrors & Shark Fin
2022 Suzuki Hayabusa - Brilliant White Pearl & Shocker Yellow Wheels
- +4 Arm, 240 OEM Wheel, Brock's CT (Ti) Exhaust, 1.25" drop, etc...
infinitereality is offline   Reply With Quote