#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 11-14-2021, 04:05 PM   #1
AMOR

Drives: Camaro
Question ZL1 1LE track rats - need your insight

Hi all!

I just recently got a 2021 ZL1 1LE and had one track day with it at Sebring after a 1500 mile break in. I'm running -2.7 front and -2.2 rear with zeroed out toe. I read somewhere on the forum that the alignment settings at the rear do not hold up and have to be readjusted every 1-2 track days or you need to upgrade to aftermarket toe links for a set-and-forget option. This car is for fun/weekend use plus track days, so I do not plan to switch alignment from track to street and back.
Can someone please elaborate on this matter?
Thank you in advance!

Last edited by AMOR; 11-15-2021 at 08:22 AM.
AMOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 10:32 AM   #2
HD_ZLE

Drives: 2020 ZLE
We have heavy powerful cars that see lots of load. Stock you have eccentric bolts which are are known to slip during hard cornering altering your alignment settings. The stock rear toe arms/setting can shift adjustments due to these factors. Getting SPL toe arms with eccentric lockout with help keep this from happening.

I added these after my rear alignment kept shifting after track days. Been holding great since then.

cheers,
Old 11-15-2021, 12:23 PM   #3
AMOR

Hi, thanks for your response! Do you have the exact part number or link to SPL toe arms for ZL1 1LE?
https://www.splparts.com/products/ca...c-lockout.html
Is it this product? Also do I need to use new bolts for installation? Which Part # ?

What else would you recommend to replace for track duty? So far I swapped brake lines to SS goodridge, brake fluid is RBF600 but plan to use Castrol SRF later. I'm going to keep using stock brake pads as I've read good things about them and they are rotor friendly.

Last edited by AMOR; 11-15-2021 at 12:36 PM.
Old 11-15-2021, 01:28 PM   #4
HD_ZLE

Drives: 2020 ZLE
Hey, you've attached the correct link ! It comes with all new hardware.
Per your post you already have the track alignment so you should be good from here.
Old 11-15-2021, 01:35 PM   #5
TWG1
TWG1

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZLE
You’ve gotten good advice on the rear alignment. I will say that if you follow the torque procedure and use new bolts, the stock stuff slips less. Also highly dependent on your curb use.

Other track prep items: do the SRF. If you value your time, it saves wasted time bleeding brakes. Also, I’m in the minority here, but I downgrade tires to GY SC3 (not SC3R). They cost the same, last 2-3x, and they’re only 1-2 sec slower. Bonus: they talk more and are very predictable; more novice-friendly. Make sure you install factory power steering cooler ducts, and consider SS brake deflectors for more cooling up front.

This car is fantastic almost as-is. No need to complicate it with a bunch of mods. Spend money on track time and driver safety gear. (I consider a HANS Hybrid-S essential equipment with stock seats)
2021 F150 Powerboost (on order)
TWG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 02:29 PM   #6
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
i have the full spl parts kit its awesome they usually do a black friday sale so keep an eye out!
Old 11-15-2021, 04:06 PM   #7
AMOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG1 View Post
Other track prep items: do the SRF. If you value your time, it saves wasted time bleeding brakes. Also, I’m in the minority here, but I downgrade tires to GY SC3 (not SC3R)
Yes i'm planning to do the SRF. I've had 4 bottles of RBF600 on hand from previous track car, so decided to use those first. Is 2 bottles of SRF enough for a full flush? As for tires, I'm planning to use SC3R's as they were designed specifically for this car and I assume it will perform best with them. Right now I only have 1 set of OEM wheels with SC3R's on them, once I wear those out I'll swap for a more street friendly tire like PS4S and keep those wheels for street and RAIN track days. And I'll get a second set of APEX wheels to be used with SC3R's moving forward. I'm not planning to use full slicks for HPDE as that is an overkill in my opinion.

P.S. I also installed a set of mud flaps from ZL addons. They are awesome and look like they were always on the car, a must have to protect the paint from those poking out wheels.
Old 11-15-2021, 06:44 PM   #8
TWG1
TWG1

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZLE
You could probably get away with 1 bottle SRF, but I’d order 2 just in case. First time I flushed, I used 1.5, second time I only used 1.0, and kept the 2nd as a spare.

I track with 2 other ZLE’s. We’ve all migrated to the 2-wheel solution: OEM/MPS4S for DD and Wet track days, and Apex/SC3R for main track use. I agree the SC3R is the best tire for the car, but the SC3 really isnt that far behind. Another reason I use it is that its 200TW class legal for SCCA Auto-X and TT’s.
2021 F150 Powerboost (on order)
TWG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 10:50 AM   #9
AMOR

There are 2 types of SPL toe arms for ZLE, one with lockout and one without.
On pictures they look identical. Which one's to get?
https://www.splparts.com/products/ca...c-lockout.html
https://www.splparts.com/products/ca...toe-links.html
Old 11-16-2021, 11:06 AM   #10
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
lockout ones