Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

AWE Tuning

Old 11-10-2021, 09:21 AM   #1
infinitereality
Limitless Imagination

Drives: 2018 ZL1 & 2022 Hayabusa
Rear Side Panel Speakers

I'm wanting to put some bass blockers on the rear side speakers as they distort some at higher volumes. I know I can remove the rear seat and remove the panels to add the bass blocker to the speaker itself, but I'm curious if there's easier access to the speaker wiring elsewhere in the car? Between speaker and amp? At the amp?
- RotoFab Dry, Forgestar CF5V (ZLE Spec), Eibach Pro, AeroForce Interceptor, GT4 Tow Hook
- Carbon Fiber (Satin): Radio, Shifter, Steering Wheel Controls, Shifter Top, AC Vents, Side Mirrors & Shark Fin
2022 Suzuki Hayabusa - Brilliant White Pearl & Shocker Yellow Wheels
- +4 Arm, 240 OEM Wheel, Brock's CT (Ti) Exhaust, 1.25" drop, etc...
infinitereality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 10:59 AM   #2
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
I'm assuming you don't have the Bose system with the amp in the trunk, which would make life easy. I don't know if there is easy access to the speaker wiring in the other systems.
here are some pictures I found useful when removing the rear side panels. You can see where all the hidden fasteners are located.
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=447779

if you end up doing this, the tricky bit is getting the very pointy rear tapered end to latch into the package tray when putting the thing back together.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 11:43 AM   #3
infinitereality
Limitless Imagination

Drives: 2018 ZL1 & 2022 Hayabusa
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrlz View Post
I'm assuming you don't have the Bose system with the amp in the trunk, which would make life easy. I don't know if there is easy access to the speaker wiring in the other systems.
here are some pictures I found useful when removing the rear side panels. You can see where all the hidden fasteners are located.
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=447779

if you end up doing this, the tricky bit is getting the very pointy rear tapered end to latch into the package tray when putting the thing back together.
Sorry about that, I should have clarified. I do have the Bose amp in the trunk so should easily cut the wires there to install it. Just not the cleanest way, but easiest. By the speaker itself is best way, but most difficult. Any idea if there's a more hidden spot I can wire the bass blockers in between amp and speaker?

I definitely have that thread saved if I have to remove the panels, but hoping maybe there's easier access to wiring between panel and trunk.
- RotoFab Dry, Forgestar CF5V (ZLE Spec), Eibach Pro, AeroForce Interceptor, GT4 Tow Hook
- Carbon Fiber (Satin): Radio, Shifter, Steering Wheel Controls, Shifter Top, AC Vents, Side Mirrors & Shark Fin
2022 Suzuki Hayabusa - Brilliant White Pearl & Shocker Yellow Wheels
- +4 Arm, 240 OEM Wheel, Brock's CT (Ti) Exhaust, 1.25" drop, etc...
infinitereality is offline   Reply With Quote