Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - Great Lakes

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-22-2021, 09:42 AM   #1
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Motor City Camaro Club on Woodward

Motor City Camaro Club has received permission to park and hang out in front of the Birmingham, Michigan CVS at 33877 Woodward Avenue on Friday and Saturday nights after closing. We have a letter from the store manager to that effect that helps ease "tensions" with Birmingham Police when they come through to "sweep the street" on Friday and Saturday nights. If you're in the area, come on through with your Camaro and hang out with the MCCC crew. I try to be there most Saturdays.
Attached Images

A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 10:12 AM   #2
HCI2000SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
I might have to check this out
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2023, 06:47 AM   #3
Jus Cruisin
Old Gearhead

Drives: 2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate
Any Camaro area set up for this year's Dream Cruise? Kind of like Mustang Alley?
Old 07-09-2023, 09:13 AM   #4
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus Cruisin View Post
Any Camaro area set up for this year's Dream Cruise? Kind of like Mustang Alley?
Like Mustang Alley? No. The two setups that Chevrolet typically has every year are…
  • Chevrolet Motorsports has a spot just north of 13 Mile, east side of the street where they typically have several Camaros, including a COPO, and several accessories displays. Very similar to Camaro presence at CamaroFest. Ironically, I think this spot is a Chrysler Jeep parking lot, but they do a good job of disguising that.
  • A larger Chevrolet display at “the split”, where Old Woodward and Woodward diverge. Right between 14 Mile and Maple. They typically have a Camaro or two there as well as some accessories. With the upcoming launch of several EVs this year (Silverado, Blazer, Equinox) I wouldn’t be surprised if they devoted most of that real estate to those vehicles and left the Camaros to the Motorsports display. The Collectors Edition could arguably be placed in either display, but my money is on the Motorsports delay, if they bring it at all.

I should also add that behind the Motorsports display area, on the baseball field the Metro Detroit Chevrolet Dealers Association hosts a party for several of the car clubs and allows us to display our vehicles. Each club has a set number of admittances that they can use. Motor City Camaro Club has 30. They were claimed within 3 minutes of opening up reservations on the website. My car will be there Here’s a few select pics from last year’s Motor City Camaro display area at the Cruise. My car is visible in the first (barely) and last pics.
Attached Images

A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Last edited by Martinjlm; 07-09-2023 at 09:41 AM. Reason: Added pics
Old 07-09-2023, 12:17 PM   #5
Jus Cruisin
Old Gearhead

Drives: 2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate
I don't think the Motorsports area allows parking unless you're Dale Jr or Jimmy Johnson. The park next to that has likely been filled but I don't like being locked in on Saturday plus grass turns to mud in the rain. Brought my 32 up from Florida a couple of times, as well as my Roush Mustangs I had (reason I'm familiar with Mustang Alley). I guess I might head towards the north end this year if there's nothing Camaro specific.
Attached Images

Old 08-13-2023, 08:02 PM   #6
brdornon

Drives: 1988 pro street and 2016 2ss
We are heading up Thursday afternoon from Ohio. I will have to try and stop by Friday or Saturday
brdornon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2023, 08:30 PM   #7
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brdornon View Post
We are heading up Thursday afternoon from Ohio. I will have to try and stop by Friday or Saturday
On Friday a lot of the MCCC will be involved with DMAN taking disabled youth on drives through the Cruise route. On Saturday some of us will be near Woodward and 13 Mile Rd in Memorial Park at the Metro Detroit Area Chevy Dealers area, right next to Chevrolet Motorsports. That’s where I’ll be for sure. The rest will be at the CVS parking area just north of 14 Mile Rd.
Attached Images